The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Saddest Movie Scenes Ever!

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Towards the ending, the movie Cast Away was really really sad. I love the movie but it's difficult to watch sometimes because of it.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The ending of The Shootist.   It was John Wayne's last acting role and ironically, he played a gunslinger who was dying of cancer.  Anyway, it ends with him surviving a gunfight against three other gunslingers only to get shot in the back by a bartender.  

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Again Disney, you print yourself as THE company that makes the saddest scene of the year.  I can't even believe what you guys did in Tangled.  Seriously Disney, what is wrong with you?

To everyone who's wondering, I won't spoil it.  Even though the movie pretty much spoils it, you're STILL not ready when it does happen.

Seriously, Disney is just SO messed up.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I cried so hard in the movie Two Brothers. There wasn't really a sad scene it was just really depressing.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
^
Is Two Brothers about the film with those tiger cubs?

Littlefoot's mother's death.
Mufasa's death in TLK, not only is it sad that the great king died but the fact that he was betrayed by his brother.  Tragic.
Harry Potter: When Dumbeldore died, I can't recall feeling sad when Cedric died...
Bambi: When Bambi's mother got shot.  One of the reasons why I dislike hunting.
The Dumbo scene when he reunites with his mother.  

That's about it really...don't get too upset with films...

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Saft,Jan 19 2011 on  02:19 PM
^
Is Two Brothers about the film with those tiger cubs?

Yep yep yep! :D  I don't know why, I didn't cry at all the first time I saw it, but the second time it just really got toi me and I broke down and cried. And there were a lot of people watching when I watched it too, but i didn't care about how I looked, it was so sad.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The opening scene of the new Star Trek movie was pretty sad.  I saw it for the first time the other day.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Later happenings on Vulcan from the same film also qualify.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Doby's death in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1.  Poor, poor Doby :(

I honestly did feel sad when that happened.  Same in the other movies with Cedric and Dumbledore.....

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Feb 4 2011 on  04:40 AM
Later happenings on Vulcan from the same film also qualify.
Agreed.  That was a bit of a shock.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ok, pick a scene from Forrest Gump, especially if it is near the end of the movie.  There were some earlier in the movie as well.