The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Saddest movie you have ever seen

trexmaster

• Chomper
    • View Profile
For me, the recent King Kong movie. Though the last movie in the Star Wars prequel trilogy depressed me a little as well.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Life is Beautiful was a VERY sad one for me.

The Jewish dad tries to get his son to think that the whole Nazi propaganda is a game, he saves his son by making him hide in some cabniet of some kind and he gets shot by the Nazis close to the end of the movie!

Ugh, that tore my heart really good!

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
These movies have made me cry:
A Walk To Remember
The Killing Fields(a journalist's documentary of the Khmer Rouge)
Pearl Harbor
The Land Before Time
The Lion King
Schindler's List(also gave me nightmares)
The Fox and the Hound
Life Is Beautiful
Charlotte's Web(the original)

These movies made me depressed but no tears were shed:
Titanic(especially the parts where the Irish mother is telling her kids a bedtime story so they'll die in their sleep, and the Strauss couple laying in bed together as the stateroom floods.  They were a real-life couple and would not leave each other for anything.  Now that is true love.)
The Green Mile(I hate it when the wrongly accused get executed)
Twister(when the main character loses her dad at the beginning)
The Mist(the ending.  Watch it, and you'll understand.)

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Here's my list of movies:

LBT (of course!)

Pan's Labyrinth

Pearl Harbor

300 (strange, yes, besides the fact I found the movie awesome too)

The Last Samurai (same feelings for that as 300)

Hero (we get the picture)

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
* Bridge to Terabithia" I swear, I was INCHES from crying! it's the only movie where I have  :lol ! Actually...me, my brothers, boyfriend, and one of my CA friends. We watched it on her computer when I was visiting and we BOTH started crying  :lol
* The Fox and the Hound made me cry once (when Mrs. Tweedy released Todd)
* The Animals of Farthing Wood (even though it's a TV series. Lessie. the deaths that were saddest for me
1. Badger and Mole (tied)
2. Hedgehogs
3. Pheasants
4. Sinuous (don't know why he's 4...)

That's all I can think of...

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yeesh.  So many teary moments for me come from movies, and I can only name a few.
"Last Samurai"--"It is better to die with honor... Then to live with shame..."
"LOTR 1+3"
"Grave of the Fireflies"
"Appleseed"
"Spider-Man 1, 2, and 3"--Oddly enough, I cried for the deceased villains.  Is that wierd?

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm gonna say the notebook. That was a gut wrenching movie.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
@Daddytops: I have no idea what movie that is.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Apr 21 2016 on  04:54 PM
@Daddytops: I have no idea what movie that is.
It's called The Strangers. It was a horror movie released in theaters in 2008. I didn't think it was too bad. I'm surprised Daddytops would list it as a sad movie though because there's not really any sad moments in it. Eh, different strokes I guess. Also, I never realized until now just how creepy the mask on the left was.

Saddest movie I'd ever seen. Well aside from Land Before Time (as good as If We Hold on Together is, I just can't listen to it without getting depressed) I thought Big Hero Six had some pretty sad moments. I also thought Titanic was a pretty depressing movie.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes it did when hiro found out his teacher was the cause of His brothers death and he had bayamax turn evil and almost kill him.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
As Petrie mentioned earlier in this thread, Plague Dogs. Movies don't usually make me cry, but that one had both my sister and I bawling.
Felidae is another off-beat animated film. It's not sad in an outright cry-fest kind of way, but more of a contemplative way. It's  a German animated film that can only be described as 'cat noir.' It's also very graphic and disturbing, haha, but probably one of my favorite animated films of all time :smile

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I sat through that German made animation film fine. Yes some parts where out there but hey it's Germany they likes to take risks and make adult animation movies. And that was a good movie. I enjoined watching it. Back in 1994 it cost 10,000,000 deutsche marks making it one of the most expensive movies made.

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
This is hard..

I have no real 'saddest' movie because i can't feel it anymore, but if i was supposed to choose?

I would probably do:

Land before time 1
Titanic

(Only ones i know some people are sad about)
The universe has a beginning, but no end. —Infinite.
The stars too have beginnings, but their power accompanies their decline.  —Finite.
It the wise who are the most foolish. History has taught us as much.
The fish of the sea know not the world of the land. Were they to possess wisdom, they too would experience decline.
It is more absurd that humans should surpass the speed of light than it is that fish should start living on the land.
- Steins;Gate (anime / visual novel)