The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Chomper and his parents

Sharptooh #436

• Ruby
    • View Profile
All right, we know that Chomper is separated from his parents in the TV series, possibly by Red Claw. My question is, how?

The Mysterious Island is a long way from the shore, and the only Land bridge is destroyed. Chomper also somehow knows Red Claw beforecoming into the Great Valley (watch the Star Day Celebration episode). Also, Chomper never mentions his family, while Ruby does.

Here's my theory:

A powerful Earthshake hit the Mysterious island, sending it hurtling towards the shoreline. Chomper somehow survived but his parents were killed. Red Claw was on the island and did not die (if the other sharptooth from LBT V could live on the island unknown to Chomper, why couldn't others?).

Red Claw chases Chomper. Chomper outruns Red Claw, and meets Ruby and her family and is adopted by them. Then, as seen in The Star day celebration, Red Claw, Screech and Thud strike and Chomper and Ruby end up in the valley.

BtW, I think Chomper's parents will never be shown in the movies. I think the creators just want to forget about them.

Also, I think they threw away the animations for a traditional green Sharptooth. Look at the recent episodes and none of them are seen (like the one in the first movie). Take a look at the 'lone Dinosaur returns' episode.

In his tale, the green sharptooth is replaced by another brown one. And in 'the Great Longneck scheme', Rhett claims he fought light-brown (Red-Claw coloured) sharpteeth. So waht happened to the green ones?

And therefore, I don't think Chomper's parents will be featured as they're both green sharpteeth.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I share the theory that a withdraw of the water preceding a Tsunami would be a likely way for Chomper to get of the island. However, the TV series suggests that Ruby promised Chomper's parents to look after him, so it seems that they got of that island too (unless we assume that Ruby too was a resident of that island, which seems rather unlikely).

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ruby says that in I think The Cave of Many Voices.  So it's likely she talked to his parents, likely with Chomper translating, unless one of her parents knows sharptooth.  It doesn't sound like his parents are dead, maybe elsewhere for some reason.  As for knowing Red Claw we don't know how long he was living with Ruby's family before he and Ruby made their way to the Great Valley.  

As for how they got off, maybe Elsie carried them one at at time.  Maybe there was another earthshake and the water receded.  Maybe his parents could still use the land bridge during low tide, just cause the gang can't doesn't mean that someone the size of Chomper's parents can't use it.  There are many possibilities.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I consider the variant of the receding water more likely than the idea of Chomper's parents being carried from the island on Elzy's back. It is one thing to carry a young longneck and a very young sharptooth, but a fully grown version of the later would be not only much more heavy but would probably give a rather uneasy feeling to Elzy as well.

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I thought Chomper was only visiting the great valley and Ruby takes care of him when he is there.She is like a baby sitter because she takes care of him when he goes into the mysterious beyond. He goes back to his parents in certain times of the year, Sort of like how British boarding schools are like and college semesters. It is time to go back to school, chomper and start to learn how to be real sharptooth. :p

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
He's on a mission with Ruby, it's been said in at least 2 episodes, though Ruby's mother was interrupted part way through what she was going to say.   Her father talks about this in another episode if I recall correctly.

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I always imagine Red claw as trying to get revenge on his parents and the best way is to get Chomper.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That's an interesting possibility, rosie.

I had suspected that Redclaw somehow knew about Chomper's friendship with leafeaters and considered Chomper to be some kind of abomination.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Both are interesting ideas and neither of them excludes the other. One would need a motive for revenge though if that was to be the basis of his persecuting Chomper.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Chomper's parents could very possibly have kicked Redclaw out of some of his former territory, or done something similiar. Not matter how fericious Redclaw might be, he still wouldn't be a match for two sharpteeth.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The LBT 5 Sharptooth did pretty well against both of Chomper's parents though. If Redclaw could rely on the support of his two cronies to keep one of Chomper's parents distracted while he is dealing with the other one he might have a chance. All this is somewhat futile speculation though so long we have no real idea of why Redclaw is after Chomper and who Redclaw is anyway.
I have not seen every single TV episode yet, but is there ever a statement claiming that Redclaw really is after Chomper or is it possible that Chomper and the others just happen to cross Redclaw's way over and over again though neither actively seeks the other one?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It may be that Red Claw and the others are hunting and run across the gang from time to time, instead of them being after Chomper.  Also there is an episode where Chomper & Thud to talk with their talk being subtitled and there is no mention of Redclaw being after Chomper during that talk.    My guess is the folks doing the series wanted to give the series a recurring villain instead of the movie style 1 shot villains.

gloverboy2

• Chomper
    • View Profile
i would give chompers parents a hand at finding food.

i would safer around them then with topsy!