The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ruby and the Gang

MurMur · 30 · 7924

grasshopper1988

• Ruby
    • View Profile
definite yes i like the way she talks and love her personality however i do find it odd that chompers parents would let her take care of him

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I said no, personally I think that the classic gang is the real gang.
8 years with TGOF :yum

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: jansenov,May 24 2013 on  05:30 PM
Who doesn't like Ruby? I don't remember much criticism against her.
Well, I don't think Red Claw, Screech, and Thud are too fond of her.    :lol  (I wonder if those were the three that voted against her.    :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol )

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Lol, this thread asks for your opinion whether Ruby should be a member of the Gang and not what other characters might think about that  :neutral No offence meant but it just contributes nothing to this thread...
Inactive, probably forever.

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
No; Ruby is not a character I'd consider to be part of the gang. I prefer the gang of five to be honest.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Jan 6 2015 on  07:55 AM
Lol, this thread asks for your opinion whether Ruby should be a member of the Gang and not what other characters might think about that  :neutral No offence meant but it just contributes nothing to this thread...
It was a joke in reply to saying that only three so far seem to think that Ruby shouldn't be a member of the gang and I jokingly asked if they were Red Claw, Screech, and Thud.

In short, most here think she should be part of the gang.  As for me, I don't see why she can't be.  Last I checked, the gang didn't have a "leaf eaters only" rule.  

Also, we'll have to wait till the 14th movie to see if she does.  Likely she wouldn't become one till she is older as she and Chomper will probably go back home once Red Claw, Screech, and Thud are out of their....er....feathers.  

If they join the Gang, it would likely be later, like when the Gang are teens.  

I lover her character a lot and would love to see her in future films as part of the Gang or at least a movie character.

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
I like her, kinda?  I dunno if we don’t have a lot of information on her origins, this makes me like her, but dislike her at the same time.

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
  • I'm just an artist :0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel (I animate stuff, they old)
I like her, kinda?  I dunno if we don’t have a lot of information on her origins, this makes me like her, but dislike her at the same time.

I think because there is not much details from her past just gives us more freedom to visualize what her deal is.

We only know a little backstory from a couple episodes, but the rest is a mystery. That's what makes her interesting. Which is why she is also my favorite character, if you have guessed already.
I'm currently writing an lbt fanfic about Littlefoot and Ruby, it's a little cringy at first. Go check it out if you're interested! FANFICTION.NET- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063661/1/The-Land-Before-time-Unbearable
OR RIGHT HERE ON THE WEBSITE- https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17556.0

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I admit I was somewhat anti-rubian when I first met her in the series. I saw an episode out of context, the mud one when Spike and others go with Tria to warm mud pits. But when I started watching the LBT series chronologically, learned about her having to be separated  from her family and helping Chomper and etc, she grew on me. I now am moderate fan, I still need to watch the rest of the series.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
I wish there was more of a fleshed-out story behind Ruby's relationship to Chomper, but other than that I like her. :RubyCurious Her personality doesn't seem redundant alongside the rest of the Gang, and her level-headed attitude provides a good foil to Chomper's enthusiasm. Besides that, I just like her design, it's cute!