The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Dinosaur curiosity

gloverboy2

• Chomper
    • View Profile
The great valley dinosaurs seem to be inquisitive about anything

unusual that happens in their valley.

Would they be curious about us?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If they knew about our existence, sure they would. Just like we are interested in researching about them.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm certain they'd be just as interested in us as we are in them :yes.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think some of them would be like Littlefoot.  Some others may be more like Petrie and prefer to keep away.  Then, unfortunately there will be some who'll take an approach like Cera's Dad would.  So overall I think their reactions would be as varied as humans.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I agree that same as most humans most of the land before time dinosaurs would probably be curious about us. Same as with humans there may be exceptions, but with something so unknown curiosity would be a likely reaction.

gloverboy2

• Chomper
    • View Profile
if littlefoot and the others stumbled on a campsite what do you think they would do?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot would likely want to investigate & explore the area & try to find out what it is.  Cera, I think, would be of the mind, "who cares, let's get going." sort of mind and want them to continue where they were going.  Petrie would be to scared to get close.  Spike would want to eat anything that smelled eatable in the camp.  Ducky may be willing, depending on what they were doing and heading, to either side with Littlefoot or Cera, depending.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
If we were just naked and had no man-made objects with us, I'm sure we'd be treated just like any other dino they've never seen before.  We'd likely draw much attention like Guido did since none of them had ever seen a human before.  However, if we had clothes on and/or had man-made objects with us, some of them might see us as a threat and/or be afraid of us.  They would realize that we were different right away....and different in a bad sort of way.

gloverboy2

• Chomper
    • View Profile
curiosity runs in littlefoots veins.

remember how he was about doc?

If he met me, he'd want to know more about where i came from.

the picture i'm going to show you will tell you.

[url=http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu212/gloverboy20/more%20pics/PICT0030.jpg[/IMG]]My]http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu212/gloverboy20/more%20pics/PICT0030.jpg[/IMG]]My Webpage[/URL]

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
True, but they may see clothes as skin, odd looking skin, but skin since they don't have the concept of clothes.  

& I do agree, if a strange looking creature wasn't at threat Littlefoot would be curious and want to know more and try to befriend it.

gloverboy2

• Chomper
    • View Profile
odd looking skin?

the picture shows littlefoot looking at me oddly.

well i could explian to him what clothes are.

and my other coverings.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
With the concept of clothing and the dinosaurs seeing it as skin, it is possible that the the act of changing clothes might disgust them (they'll think you're removing your skin) or awe them (if done out of sight; they'll think you're some kind of shape shifter.)

And I can actually see a joint GV dino-Human research effort if they were ever to meet (played with in Cyberlizard's fan fic: Time Gate X).

Here's my view on said research effort:

I'd imagine the scientists would act like they had encountered an isolated race of Humans as the LBT dinos have the same intelligence as Humans.

Mr. Thicknose might work alongside the biologists and ecologists. After all, he's essentially the Great Valley's botanist.

Grandpa Longneck might work with the anthropologists. He's basically the storyteller/"legendkeeper".

Mr. Threehorn and some of the others might flat out refuse to cooperate but I doubt they'd actually attack the scientists. The other dinosaurs would be EXTREMELY upset at them for that.

As for Chomper, he might work alongside the linguists or serve as a translator.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

gloverboy2

• Chomper
    • View Profile
shape shifter? me?

i don't know. i mean i don't myself as a skin-changing creature.

i could just explain to him. :huh:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Those are some good ideas, I've not thought of some of those but that is the general area I was thinking for part of my ideas, just not as well developed of an idea as your ideas are.   Just think of how some scientists would want to record Grandpa Longneck telling some of his stories, including video of him telling it.  Similar to how they've recorded some American Indians telling some of their legends and stories.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Humans meeting the GV dinosaurs would surely spark loads of interest on both sides. Dinosaurs would probably be amazed at human technology and creations, while humanity would most likely be amazed at the sheer concept of live, talking dinosaurs, not to mention how they live and their culture. Of course, this is assuming something disastraous didn't occur during first contact.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I imagine some humans would want to take pictures and or touch the dinosaurs, others just talk to them.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Feb 24 2009 on  11:53 AM
I imagine some humans would want to take pictures and or touch the dinosaurs, others just talk to them.
Is there an all of the above?  :D

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
:rolleyes: ...Meeting up with the actual Characters...  :DD That would be Awesome!

Zilla

• Ruby
    • View Profile