The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The longnecks in "Great Longneck migration"

Guest · 6 · 2655

Bruton the Iguanodon

OK, I noticed that starting with 7 the animation quality dropped startlingly...the colors were brighter, the tone was brighter, and it all felt more kiddish. OK, so the colors had felt a little too bright ever since 5, but it was with 7 that the the problems really started to stand out. Starting with 7, all background dinosaurs suddenly were allowed to be every color of the rainbow---take the green one-horn for instance. Definitely don't recall seeing him as an extra before 7.

But it's the longnecks in 10 who suffer the worst, with the exception of the Grandma, Grandpa, Bron, Pat and Sue---the important ones---all longnecks are drawn really cheaply. Here are 2 screenshots to prove it:

Notice how Bron stands out in the crowd!

Someone even pointed out that at one point an iguanodon can be seen. An iguanodon. That's how much thought they put into drawing the longnecks in 10!

Oh, and guess what I had to type up for the last pic I uploaded? Yellow-belly! I'm serious!!

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Feb 11 2012 on  12:24 AM
OK, I noticed that starting with 7 the animation quality dropped startlingly...the colors were brighter, the tone was brighter, and it all felt more kiddish. OK, so the colors had felt a little too bright ever since 5, but it was with 7 that the the problems really started to stand out. Starting with 7, all background dinosaurs suddenly were allowed to be every color of the rainbow---take the green one-horn for instance. Definitely don't recall seeing him as an extra before 7.

But it's the longnecks in 10 who suffer the worst, with the exception of the Grandma, Grandpa, Bron, Pat and Sue---the important ones---all longnecks are drawn really cheaply. Here are 2 screenshots to prove it:

Notice how Bron stands out in the crowd!

Someone even pointed out that at one point an iguanodon can be seen. An iguanodon. That's how much thought they put into drawing the longnecks in 10!

Oh, and guess what I had to type up for the last pic I uploaded? Yellow-belly! I'm serious!!
The color is a matter of taste more than a problem. Besides, in LBT 1-4, a lot of the adults and stuff had REALLY bright colors, like a blinding yellow orange and stuff.

And what if those longnecks really look like that :p? We can't tell anyway since they're dead lol.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
The only reason Bron stands out is that you recognize him already as an important character. We already met him before this flashback. If you had never watched the movie and had seen this screenshot, I can guarantee you that Bron would not be anymore standoutish than the other longnecks.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Hm... I don't quite agree to that Kacie.
Bron does stand out quite distinctly and I am sure he would also for someone who has not seen the movie. Not only does he tower high above all the other longnecks who miraculously all seem to be only half or two thirds his size, but his color pattern also differs from that of all other longnecks while any other longneck with an individual color pattern seems to be at least partly covered by some of the many cloned looking longnecks all of whom are having their eyes fixed on Bron. So yes, I do think that they really didn't individualize the other longnecks while they took many visible steps to make Bron stand out.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
The longneck with the armor plates on its back is more standoutish to me than Bron is. The only thing I see distinguishable about Bron is that he has a very light color strip on his top lip, something I don't see with any other longneck.

Bruton the Iguanodon

We can't tell anyway since they're dead lol.

What? Bron's herd is dead?  :blink:

Oh, sorry, you mean real life longnecks. Yeah, for all we know dinosaurs came in every color of the rainbow.  :)  That's one of the good things about them being extinct---we can imagine their skin to look any color we want.  ;)