The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Strange Weather

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
:unsure: WTF????  I just looked at our local weather radar and it says there is a HUGE line of thunderstorms headed my way.  These have been troublemakers, some creating tornadoes.  Now when it is green on the radar, it is only minor but I saw a line of dark red storms heading this way on the radar.  On the good-to-bad scale, that is at the bad end.  We might have large hail and even tornadoes.  Crap, crap, crap!  I'm going to be in for a rough night here.  It is already thundering and there is lightning like crazy outside.  Hell, i'd better get off the computer now! :o  :o  :huh:  :blink:  :wow  :bang  :( What a rotten start to spring and srping break!  Well, I'd better log off now.  THere ws just a LOUD boom outside. :o

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Yeah, you had some pretty nasty stuff come your way....tad late to say "stay safe" since its already gone.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
Ooog.  And Montana has been in a drought for nine years now.  And you're getting battered by severe thunderstorms.  :blink:  :blink:

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
:bang Crap! :mad   I was supposed to go camping tonight but we are having more crappy weather.  We are under a tornado watch and there is heavy rain and bolts of lightning everywhere!  This is dangerous.  We are going to go up to camp tomorrow instead because the forcast says this mess will be gone by morning.  But for now, I'm going to be in for a rough night. :mad  :angry: :o  :unsure:  :blink:  :huh:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
All this talk about tornadoes is making me feel lucky, getting snow in April :p
It's been a very nice week so far, temperatures ranging from 12 to 20 degrees C(19 C = ~70 F).  It was about 20 today...and they're calling for below-freezing temperatures and some snow on the weekend :blink:

Can't the weather make up its mind around here? :lol

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Montana has very unstable weather.  Last week it snowed an inch, and now the snow is gone and the temp. shot up to the upper 70s.  :blink:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Montana has very unstable weather. Last week it snowed an inch, and now the snow is gone and the temp. shot up to the upper 70s.
:lol I feel your pain :yes

Yup, it's gettin' cloudy out there, and the wind is picking up pretty good.  It may be a little bit ugly tonight.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I remember two months ago, the wind picked up to 87 Miles and Hour in Livingston!  That day, two big rigs and an RV blew over on interstate 90!  But now that it's April the wind has died down, but the weather still changes as fast as mood swings.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oy..that's some crazy wind :blink:

and they're calling for below-freezing temperatures and some snow on the weekend
Sure enough. I woke up today and it's about -4 and snowing.  It felt like summer yesterday!

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
:o  :blink:  :unsure: More crappy weather!  We were practicing for the school play until 4:00 today.  It has been cloudy all day but it suddenly got black outside.  Man!  The sun is usually still up at that time but it was dark as night.  Now, we have a flood warning, severe thunderstorm warning, and a tornado watch in our area!  It is red on the radar.  More crap is on the way.  There is a massive line of storms headed our way that streaches all the way to Texas!  We are going to have a rough night.  Luckily, I live far from any rivers and streams so there is little chance of getting flooded.  However, the drains outside are flooded.  Lightning is everywhere.  A bolt struck a tree in the woods just behind our house!  :o   Anyway, I'm going to go swimming and climb on the roof, jump around and shout "I am a human lightning rod!  Strike me! :P: Just kiddine! :P:  
What?! :blink: Florida is having drought problems and fires while we are getting soaked here in Alabama!  Just one state away! :blink:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
^ I'm surprised your computer wasn't fried, and you're online besides in severe weather.  Very good way to kill your computer...unplug it and just wait out the storm.  We'll be here tomorrow, and the day after, etc. etc.

Yes, weather certainly is strange...drought in one area, saturation in another....all depends on the winds.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My computer wasn't pluged i when I was logged on.  I unpluged it after I got home and was running it from its battery.  Now it seems the worst is past us for the moment.  Anyway, we are expecting more storms tonight.  I was at play practice so I couldn't very well unplug it when the storm began.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That's odd.  :o Over here it's sunny and warm.  Come up to Montana!  It's nice up here!  :P: We could go to the Museum of the Rockies in Bozeman!  No!  Wait!  The Lewis and Clark Caverns!  No wait!  Better yet!  YELLOWSTONE PARK!  THERE'S A LOT OF BUFFALO UP THERE!  :DD  :DD  :DD

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://s8.invisionfree.com/AvP2000
its been raining down here like crazy thunderstorms are getting out of control!

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
There has been a huge tornado outbreak. The south is really grtting hit herd tonight.  It seems the red stuff on the radar is past now.  Still some thunder though.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh, god.   :blink:   Really, you should come up to Montana.  There's a water park a few miles away from my town called "Big Timber Waterslide".  And it's mostly dry up here, so we hardly get any severe thunder storms.  There are Tornadoes in the flat, eastern part of MT.  But we get only one or two F1s a year. XD

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
No tornadoes here....too hilly for them.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What a mess!  I wasn't able to talk about this yesterday because the internet was down but we had a pretty nasty tornado come through yesterday.  It came within half a mile of my house.  There was an uprooted tree that got carried down to the end of the street and some of the houses got roof damage.  Then the tornado knocked out power to most of this side of town.  somehow we didn't lose power at my house.  Then the tornado leveled Fun Zone which is a daycare center and after school hangout.  Luckily, there were only minor injuries which is amazing because the entire building was reduced to twisted rubble.  Most of the schools including mine were closed down and all the students sent home because they said more storms were comming.  Most of the roads used to access my neighborhood were closed at first though due to downed powerlines and trees.  THere is also this yellow insulation stuff everywhere.  I don't know where it came from but I;m guessing the construction site nearby.  TV was out and the internet was down all of yesterday.  Tornados also hit other parts of the state but amazingly, no lives were lost.  I heard some moron blaming it all on global warming but actually, this is the fall tornado season in this part of the country.  Its normal for this time of year.  Global warming doesn't cause every single storm that comes along you know.  As a matter of fact, that was the only tornado we have had so far.  Anyway, our house didn't get damaged but we have a mess to clean up.  I guess we got lucky this time.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The best alternative is up here in Montana.  Lots of mountains, and lots of bison.   :p

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I saw the Fun Zone on the way home from school.  The building is almost completely flattened except for one corner.  That was a concrete building with steel beams and it has been reduced to twisted rubble.  And the apartements across the street have had their whole top floors ripped off.  The postoffice has also taken damage so all of our mail is being sent to Birmingham and Mobile.