The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ducky123's fanart :)

Ducky123 · 472 · 59272

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Being on a Flyer trip currently :p

sketch:

coloured:

Here comes scary Petrie :lol The scene is from "You're one of us now" in LBT 2 if I'm not mistaken :) Hope ya like it! ^^
Inactive, probably forever.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Good drawing!  :yes

I have to laugh, however, as I imagine Petrie saying "Rise me minions!" while making that pose.  :lol Petrie needs to take some more lessons from Pterano.  Even when he tries looking scary, he ends up looking cute instead.  :yes

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ha ha! Me evil flyer!

I like this smile.gif
Thanks! I guess I got his expression right huh? :p Oh, and that caption is a classic ^^

Good drawing! in-yes.gif

I have to laugh, however, as I imagine Petrie saying "Rise me minions!" while making that pose. dino_laugh.gif Petrie needs to take some more lessons from Pterano. Even when he tries looking scary, he ends up looking cute instead. in-yes.gif
Thanks! Good caption too, hehe :lol He really should though... isn't be much more likeable when he's cute? We don't want a Petrie like in your fanfiction, hehe (though he hasn't changed that much, admittedly :angel)

Glad you two like it :smile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Took a brake last week since I didn't draw anything...

sketch

coloured:

Aww, they're so cute, aren't they? :p First time I drew Chomper and I'm quite happy with him (same goes for Ducky). One of the few drawings I'm actually happy with :p

A few drawings to come will have a flaw that I couldn't have predicted until I saw the aftermath... Let's just say that outlining with a B pencil is a bad idea since it smudges while colouring  <_< Planned to do some remakes soon (and I still gotta work on that storyboard, help!)

Anyway, hope ya like it :D

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Argh very cute:) Though may I ask why you coloured Chomper purple instead of blue like he is in the 2nd film? Just wondering....

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I, personally, have never been bothered by his colour change (heck, I didn't even notice when I was young :p). I always considered him purple (the blue colour in LBT 2 has a bit of purple in it in my opinion) hence I coloured him purple. Besides, I think that pencil has a nice tone of purple (though it's a rather poor pencil in comparison to Ducky's green one...). If I decide to redo this (or if I find another adorable scene with Chomper in it that I can draw), then I might try blue on him. The shot I was using for this one had actually Spike in the bg and Petrie on the right but I decided to leave them out :p

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Another very nice drawing.  :yes As for leaving Spike and Petrie out, that was probably a good call as you wanted to direct attention to Ducky and Chomper.  As we all know Spike (being the big eater that he is) can take up a lot of scenery.  :p

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Haha, very true! :lol Spike sure takes a lot of space...

I'm glad that you like it, yep, yep, yep! :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Uhh, this comes in rather late (it's Tuesday 1am in the morning  <_< ) but better a late update than no update at all, right?

sketch:

coloured:

The image looks a little blurry because I zoomed in. I had two characters on that sheet of paper but I scanned them together. Anyway, you might notice something that, sadly, happened in quite some of my latest drawings... This is the first one using the B pencil for outlining... and whenever I touched the outlines during colouring (which is unavoidable) the black of the pencil was smeared :( You can see this when you take a look at Ducky's belly.
Anyway, this is Ducky in a rather well known scene. Figure out where it belongs to? :p

Hope ya like it; I'm not that happy about but it's all right :)

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
I'm pretty sure it's from the 11th film were Ducky, Spike and Petrie getting all moody with Littlefoot. Then cry like soppy little pansy's about it later. -_-
I only just saw the 11th film for the first time a few weeks ago. And boy did it suck!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That's exactly the scene this is based off :D While I do enjoy watching LBT 11, it's one of the poorer movies of the franchise indeed... I wouldn't say it sucks though :p

Now guess what (or rather...who?) the next picture will show  :idea

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Ducky123,Jul 8 2014 on  11:19 PM
That's exactly the scene this is based off :D While I do enjoy watching LBT 11, it's one of the poorer movies of the franchise indeed... I wouldn't say it sucks though :p

Now guess what (or rather...who?) the next picture will show  :idea
Yeah I'll admit it wasn't as bad as the 13th or 6th (my personally least favourite) but there was a lot of stuff that bugged me. I mean it had a good opatunity to implie what happened to Cera's real mum, but didn't, and I though Littlefoot was very poorly acted.

Well I'm not really sure who I'll do next... Petrie or Spike from the same scene?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It'll be one of them but I won't reveal who it is :p I haven't drawn the character that's NOT going to be posted next Sunday (hopefully it'll be Sunday...)
13 and 6 are the two movies I like least as well though I'd say I like 13 more than 6... I really don't know why :D
You made a good point. They could've had Cera asking her dad at least.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Ducky123,Jul 9 2014 on  04:23 PM
It'll be one of them but I won't reveal who it is :p I haven't drawn the character that's NOT going to be posted next Sunday (hopefully it'll be Sunday...)
13 and 6 are the two movies I like least as well though I'd say I like 13 more than 6... I really don't know why :D
You made a good point. They could've had Cera asking her dad at least.
Well I await it with great interest. Yeah the squeals had some good opportunity's for some good stuff but complety ignored them. E.G. the 10th film would have been a really good point to bring back Ali. But no, they went and made the little sod Shorty. -_-

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I don't know if you know but I'm writing a story (Shorty's Dark Past) that sorta takes on the 10th movie. Ali will be there and I portrait Bron in a different way... oh, and Shorty of course :p Feel free to check it out :yes

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Petrie or Spike? I went with Petrie as his expression in this scene is priceless! :DD

sketch:

coloured:

Petrie looks so badass here :smile Again, I'm not completely happy with him but it's good enough to show it  :angel Hope ya like it!

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Heh, I love that scene as well.  :lol You can practically imagine Petrie saying "He did it!" when he makes that expression.  

The drawing looks quite good, although there is some smearing by Petrie's left eye (which is the one to the right on the picture) and the medial portion of his mouth.  But besides those smears (left by the B pencil, I would imagine) it looks like a fine drawing.  :yes

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
The look on his face :lol.

"It weren't me it were him!"

Gute Zeichnung mein Freund.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks guys! :)

Heh, I love that scene as well. dino_laugh.gif You can practically imagine Petrie saying "He did it!" when he makes that expression.
Yeah :smile
The drawing looks quite good, although there is some smearing by Petrie's left eye (which is the one to the right on the picture) and the medial portion of his mouth. But besides those smears (left by the B pencil, I would imagine) it looks like a fine drawing. in-yes.gif
I'm happy that you like it despite these annoying bugs :angel

The look on his face dino_laugh.gif.

"It weren't me it were him!"
Yeah :D Looks like I caught his expression quite well, huh?
Gute Zeichnung mein Freund.
Lol, what is it with people talking in my native language lately? :DD This is like the third time in a week that somebody did... Well, it's cool that people know a little German (or take the effort of putting it into Google Translate at least :p). I'm glad you like my drawing. Danke! ;)