The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ducky123's fanart :)

Ducky123 · 472 · 60605

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Ducky123,Jul 14 2014 on  02:37 PM

QUOTE]
Lol, what is it with people talking in my native language lately? :DD This is like the third time in a week that somebody did... Well, it's cool that people know a little German (or take the effort of putting it into Google Translate at least :p). I'm glad you like my drawing. Danke! ;)
!"[/QUOTE]
Yeah :D Looks like I caught his expression quite well, huh?

Yeah you did.

QUOTE]
Lol, what is it with people talking in my native language lately?

Well I just though as your from Germany you might like it if someone complemented your stuff in German... Yeah I used Google Translate.
I know a few German words but I can spell them to save my life.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah okay :D I DO like it, haha (and I must stress that Google Translate has done a good job here... it often messes up a 4-word sentence even :rolleyes )
Inactive, probably forever.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I shall continue drawing weird pictures :lol

sketch:

coloured:

Before you start wondering... the drawing ended up being a little bigger than I anticipated and it was my third attempt at this  :angel I'll draw it again one day...
Also, a cookie to everyone who figures out a little mistake I made :p
The colouring took me three hours I believe but I think I did a fairly good job a it (not counting the occasional smearing again  :anger ). Only does anybody know a better way of colouring the throats of the characters? The black doesn't look good imo but it's the only colour I have that I could use  :confused

Hope ya like it despite its obvious bugs :smile

PS: Another cookie to the one figuring out the scene this is taken from :D

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That looks very nice, Ducky!  :yes Your shading is nearly perfect, in my opinion, with the only problem being the unavoidable smearing.  But the smearing doesn't seem too bad in this drawing.

As for the little mistake that you made, is the mistake that Cera's jaw is not well defined?  It seems that her mouth immediately meets her chest area in this drawing, as opposed to her jaw having a more defined structure.  If so, it is a minor error, in my opinion.  It took me a few moments to find it and I only noticed it because you specifically mentioned that there was a small error in the drawing.  :p

Overall, a very good drawing.  :)

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Err I can see right down your gobs! XD
I think it's from the 9th film during the imaginary friend song.
Do I get a cookie!? :smile
Good drawing anyway.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
An *imaginary* cookie to both of you :DD

It is indeed Cera's jaw that I haven't drawn correctly and the reference is indeed a scene from the song "Imaginary Friends" ;)

That looks very nice, Ducky! in-yes.gif Your shading is nearly perfect, in my opinion, with the only problem being the unavoidable smearing. But the smearing doesn't seem too bad in this drawing.
I'm happy that you think so :smile The smearing is only visible on Cera if I'm not mistaken (maybe because she was the last character I coloured? Might have got lazy towards the end and not as careful as I should have been  :oops ) In terms of colouring, I had three problems to solve (not counting the question how to colour their thraots :p):
1. Littlefoot: Littlefoot was tricky because his colour range throughout the movies is quite noticeable. For brown is the only colour in my set that works on him, I figured I should use that (and I must say I'm happy with the result).
2. Spike 1: I was wondering how to make his body and his eyes, plates and spine look different from the rest of his body. The main problem was the coloured pencil I used for his body (it keeps braking  :bang ) When I was colouring another pic recently, I got really frustrated about that :p At least, it's almost too short to use now so I need to look for a better green pencil (one that doesn't have the same tone of green as the one I'm usually using on Ducky)
3. Spike 2: I don't have a pencil suiting the colour of Spike's belly at the moment so I had to improvise by mixing yellow and orange :smile

Err I can see right down your gobs! XD
I think it's from the 9th film during the imaginary friend song.
Do I get a cookie!? Dino_grins.gif
Good drawing anyway.
Yeah, that made me pick the screenshot. It looked so creepy and I guess my artwork conveys that as well :p Glad you like it!

I love Jelly Otter

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Despite how amazing can be pics done with a software, I'm more into traditional art as thats what I was doing myself back then. Awesome work so far!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Same here. Traditional art is much cooler than digital art. I'm not saying I don't like digital art though :p
I'm glad you like my artwork! :smile

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
*I prefer traditional LBT art, too.*  

I love Petrie's happy "wings up high" pose, with his wings raised high with a *very* happy look on his face. It's as if Petrie is looking right at me and iss *very* happy to see me. :D It made me grin so big and nearly blush. I love the character collage drawing, Ducky.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks and glad you like it, Jared! :lol

I meant to upload a new one yesterday but I found out I need to scan my recent artwork first  :oops So expect the next update some time this week :yes

I love Jelly Otter

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Some nice scenes of Ducky from 11th film - maybe you can try one of them?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Good ones! :lol I'll add them to my "to do-list" (aka my list of references :p). I've recently been requested to draw cute Littlefoot and Cera and to draw Ozzy and Strut. Might as well consider more suggestions/requests as I'm having quite some time I can dedicate to my drawing hobby for the next month  :exactly

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, as promised here's the next picture. It might be familiar to some of you :lol

sketch:

coloured:

Art by me, I have the permission to use the Idea of RockingScorpion

I don't know what kind of scanner my mum used but it doesn't allow as great quality as the scans I'm used to. Anyway, I really like how it turned out :) Hope you like it!

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Very nice.  :) I thought that it looked familiar.  There doesn't appear to be any noticeable smears in this drawing and the coloration is quite well done.  Have you switched the pencils that you used?

In any case, a very good drawing.  :yes

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Cute, niedlich, mignon, carino, KawaƓ!

This has to be one of your best drawings of Ducky yet. :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks guys! :lol:

Very nice. smile.gif I thought that it looked familiar. There doesn't appear to be any noticeable smears in this drawing and the coloration is quite well done. Have you switched the pencils that you used?
Yep, I have also started using that dreaded pencil AFTER the colouring is finished :yes I used other pencils for the primary outlining you see in the sketch. Though I didn't use the smeary pencil here but I've already applied it on some other picture I believe :)

In any case, a very good drawing. in-yes.gif
I'm happy you like it :)

This has to be one of your best drawings of Ducky yet. smile.gif
Thanks a bunch! :D Well, part of the credit should go to RockingScorpion for coming up with the pose in the first place ;)

Agreed, very cute! biggrin.gif
Thank you, yep, yep, yep! :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Next one guys! :D

sketch:

coloured:

This one was a little tricky but I think I got everything right, just about :p

Hope ya like it! :angel

PS: You're going to love the next drawing :smile

PPS: I've finally managed to draw something without a reference and it's even a LBT artwork :DD Since I have made several pictures prior to that one, it'll take some weeks until I'll upload it however. But I will ^^

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
I must say this has to be your best drawing of Cera I've seen so far. Like I said on the caption this fourm looks like she's bowing down before Chomper. I've gotta admit though Spikes colours is too dark.....

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Very nice! :)  You have captured the outlines of Cera and Spike nearly perfectly.  The only issue that I can see is that Spike is colored a bit too dark.

I look forward to seeing what you have next.  :yes I am especially looking forward to your first drawing without a reference.