The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers: Disruptive Selection

Serris · 5385 · 232429

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Sharon clumsily taped a battery to her new shotgun. "Okay," she said to no one in particular, just to keep her mind focused, "'this should last for at least three shots."

She suddenly sensed something was behind her and ducked under a robot's fist. Sliding under the desk and coming up the other side, she saw a blade retract from the robot's wrist as it crushed the table.

She cocked her rifle, eyes narrowed. "Reformatted self-contained electrical firearm, test one."

She pulled the trigger, but the weapon merely sparked. She instantly saw what she had done wrong. "Oh shi--"

Suddenly an engine fell from the sky and crushed the robot and desk right in front of her. Breathing a sigh of relief, she darted back behind it and got to work on fixing the problem.

-----------------

Shelton saw that his teammates were outnumbered by towering behemoths. He needed to give them an edge.

Scanning schematics, he noticed that an emergency sprinkler system was installed in the entire base, including Soundwave's lair.

He scribbled a quick note, wadded it inside a cd case, and sent it frisbeeing through the window into Soundwave's lair. It slid under Bailey's door and hit him in the foot.

"Crota, Bailey, I've got an important job for you. Landon can come too, if he wants. I need you to get to the water purification chamber. I'll tell you what to do once you get out of the radio deadlock field."

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
"Fine!" Dr. Bailey shouted over the gunfire. "Soundwave's not interested in me for some reason."

Suddenly, he felt something strike his foot. He picked it up and found it to be a CD case with a note from Shelton. He read with a frown on his face.

"We need to get moving! Shelton's got a job for us!" he said as she showed Dr. Landon and Spc. Crota the note.

A bullet that pinged off the doorframe highlighted how urgent this job was.

-------------

Gustave shrugged off the headbutt. He ducked the punch and lunged at Soundwave, trying to tackle him to the ground.

-------------

Sweat poured down Alfred's face despite the fact that the room was air conditioned. His armored vest had been struck multiple times by gunfire and he was sure that he had been struck or at least grazed by a bullet. His muscles ached from the sheer amount of brawling he had done with these automatons.

He grabbed one of the smaller engine blocks and threw it at some of the robots, mowing them down.

"How many of these things are there?" he panted out. All around him were the robots he had destroyed.

One of the robots snuck behind him and knocked him down. He rolled away from the robot's metallic fist, which actually cracked the concrete floor. He dodged the next blow and slammed his fist into what would be the robot's crotch. The blow was so powerful it actually dented the robot's armored chassis.

The robot was unfazed by an attack that would have probably left an organic being unconscious from sheer pain. Alfred swore as he realized that organic weak points didn't apply to robots.

As the robot tried to move, its legs locked up and seized. Alfred grinned as he got up. The blow had probably damaged the joints. The Bison seized the robot, which outweighed him by almost a hundred pounds, hoisted it over his head and hurled it at Soundwave, who happened to have his back to him.

Another robot, much lighter in weight as this was flying type bot, landed behind him. Alfred spun around and slammed his fist into the robot, completely destroying its optics. He picked up the now blind robot, tore off its arm and drove his booted feet into what he assumed was the processing unit, rendering it useless.

"Come on," he muttered, tapping the improvised club against his hand as the robots continued advancing.

-------------

Dr. Zanasiu's shotgun clicked empty and he had Zachary and the Mongoose Cobalt soldier cover him while he reloaded."How how do we stop the flow of these things? We've probably shot apart dozens!" he exclaimed as he fished in his pocket for some shotgun shells.

"Dozens?" Sgt. Masters said as he slid a new magazine into his rifle. "Alfred's probably personally ripped apart a few dozen by himself."

The Mongoose blazed away with his rifle, ducking behind the wall as the arc cannon from a robot sent a bolt of lightning towards them that narrowly missed his head. A short burst from his rifle rendered the robot nonfunctional.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
aisha managed to kill the sniper with a well placed headshot. as he toppled sahe scurried over the  the stationary gun. she pushed the body out of the way and took up position.
 Alright then ' Landon said after gazing at the note then giving crota a painkilling shot. ' lets get dowen to the treatment area. Let me guess we're going to blow it up?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Soundwave took on the full force of Gustave as he tried to tackle him to the ground, but instead, he stood his ground, grabbing onto Gustave's knuckles and holding him in place before kneeing him in the stomach, relasing his knuckles and striking him across the face.

In turn however, Soundwave did send off a signal to get the Hydra activated, but found that his creation was unresponsive, which did show a hint of concern for Soundwave, but instead of worrying about it, he remained concerned in taking on Gustave for now, the main threat in the room that needed to be delt with.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Spc. Crota shrugged. "Knowing Shelton, he's probably got a different idea."

He then slithered up to Dr. Bailey. "Yo doc! We're moving out!"

Dr. Bailey nodded and crawled out the door to avoid attracting Soundwave's attention.

Spc. Crota handed the note to Dr. Landon.

----------------

Gustave simply shrugged off the blows, thanks to his steel skin and bones.

He then trapped Soundwave's arm as he came in for a punch and used his free hand to repeatedly punch Soundwave in the face. At the same time, he also lashed Soundwave's legs and side with his tail, which was now studded with metal knobs.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Lead the way guys.. Landon said sticking the note in his pocket and following the others out of the roonm.. the halls were quiet save for the sounds of battle behind them ' doesn;'t seem to be any gunfire.. so i;'m guessing Aisha took care of the sniper " Landon said as they headed down a flight of stairs..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Again, Soundwave just seemed to be shrugging off the attacks as if they were nothing, in turn, thanks to his own Diamontanium Rhino suit, which was designed to withstand large amounts of damage.

He in turn though, grabbed onto Gustave's throat and slowly but surely, started to life him up into the air before lugging him up just a little higher.....and letting go before bring his hands together and in turn, bringing them down onto Gustave's chest.

He just stood there as he then seemed to await to see what Gustave's next move would be, even though there was one small factor he had not been considering so far....that there was just a tiny crack that appeared upon his face.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The blow was so powerful that Gustave was essentially spiked into the concrete floor, cracking it. Gustave groaned as he lifted himself from the crater. He took several breaths. A sizable dent appeared in his steel skin; it would later be repaired by the nanites surging through his blood.

"Not bad," Gustave said, smiling and revealing his steel teeth.

He then grabbed a steel I-beam that fallen from the rafters and started beating on Soundwave with it.

---------------

Zachary kicked a robot that had gotten too close to him and shot it. The kick was so strong, it left the imprint of his hoof on the robot's armor.

Neville racked his shotgun as he watched. "You know Zach, I sometimes forget that you're a lot stronger than you look."

"I'm a Clydesdale! Strength is in my genes; I just haven't found a use for it in Pelvanida."  

---------------

The hallway was pretty much deserted save for the dim emergency lighting.

Spc. Crota closed his eyes and scanned with his infrared vision

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Soundwave continued to take on the battering from the I-beam before he grabbed onto the end of it and held it back as he just looked at Gustave before he bought up a foot and slammed it down into the ground, alowing for a crack to shoot along the ground towards Gustave's foot.  His own goal was to off-set Gustave's own footing.

As soon as he did that, his chest piece started to move and opened up to reveal some sort of arc reactor of his own and started to power it up as he stared Gustave down "You have been able to hold out this long, which is impressive for the kind of power you have obtained, but we shall still see if you are able to take on a full blast of my arc reactor"

He then fired the blast of the arc reactor right at Gustave before his chest piece closed up again and waited for the smoke to clear to see if Gustave was still alive or not.

"You know what this all reminds me of? One of those 3D movies....it's like all right in your face and unlike those ones, you can actually touch these ones" Nixx spoke up as she destroyed another robot "Well that, and it's not expensive like any of those 3D movies either, this time, it's all free"

The spider legs retracted into her back as she sliced off the arm of one of the bulky robots, its arc cannon landing on the ground as she looked at it, tapping it for a moment before she simply kicked it.

The cannon fired, destroying another bulky robot before Nixx was seen hopping around on one foot, hands on her other foot in pain "Note to self, do not kick metal stuff....it hurts" she spoke before seeming to just shake it off and went back to walking around on two feet again.

(ooc: Up to you if Gustave survives it or not.  It just basically more or less works the same way as Iron Man's chest blast thing works, powers up and fires it for a blast sort of thing)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Neku spun through another group of robots, then, as he was recovering, another pair fired at him with large, heavy-caliber machine guns.  Neku was in no state to dodge or block the shots, and shut his eyes, expecting, waiting for the bullets, but nothing happened.  Standing behind him, holding a large glass shield, Cale chuckled a little.  
"Giving up already, Neku?  I'm disappointed.  Thought you were tougher than that."
He said with a languid smirk, tossing the shield through the robots and then turning to Soundwave.  
"Looks like we may be up to bat next, brother..."
He smirked...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Once Bailey's team was out of the deadlock, emergency lights illuminated a certain hallway, like before.

"There's a supply closet thirty meters from your current position!" the female announcement voice informed cheerfully. "Grab some oxygen canisters and continue to the water distribution room!"

--------------------

The problem took a lot longer to fix than Sharon had expected, but finally she had a working gun, at least she was pretty sure.

She spotted a robot approaching Alfred. Rolling out of cover and right in front of it, she got on one knee and took point-blank aim at it. "Reformatted self-contained electrical firearm, test two!"

An impossibly weak shotgun blast pinged off the robot's chest like BBs. She'd forgotten to adjust the pressure relative to her ability to squeeze the trigger. "Oh, f--"

Alfred suddenly leapt over her and decapitated it with a powerful swing of his club. "You okay?" he asked.

She grumbled an uncommitted thank you and darted back under her workdesk.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Gustave had stumbled from the crack but that allowed him to dodge the full brunt of the arc reactor blast. Nevertheless, he was still scorched from it.

He then realized that his leg was stuck in a crack. With a roar, he smashed the concrete to rubble with his fists and stood up, cracking his neck and knuckles. He then glared at Soundwave and beckoned towards him.

-------------------

Dr. Bailey nodded and sprinted down the hallway. He then found the aforementioned closet.

A quick kick to the door from the scientist broke the incredibly flimsy lock. Inside were oxygen canisters of all sizes, ranging from those for Human sized anthros, to giant tanks for heavy anthros and tiny tanks for snakes. A set of radios with chargers was also present.

He grabbed three radios and tossed one each to Dr. Landon and Dr. Bailey.

"Shelton, this is Crota, we're at the closet you told us about. But what the hell are we gonna do with the oxygen canisters?"

Dr. Bailey kept an eye out for threats. Luckily, the hallway seemed to be completely deserted.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
when the canisters are normally used to supply air when then there is too little existying in the surrounding environment. like climbing a very high mountain for instance " Landon said.. "we may need to hold on to these,, just in case..' he put his radio into his pocket for safekeeping..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Of course I can hear you, Crota!" the intercom said pleasently. "It's not like I'm using this rediculously roundabout method to talk to you because you just left a radio deadlock zone!"

"Was that sarcasm?" asked Crota. "The happy intercom voice makes it hard to tell."

But the voice wasn't done. "Now, when you're done talking into a glorified paperweight, follow my emergency lights down the specified hallways until you reach the room with the big tanks of water! If you need anything else, like road signs or training wheels, just signal the security camera and I'll see what I can do!"

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Soundwave sepped back, but not because he was afraid of Gustave, but so that he could use his machine to recharge himself again.  Stepping back into it as wires hooked up to him once again before moving forward once more "It is impressive that you have been able to survive for this long, however, you shall soon fall, leaving myself victorious and none of your friends having the power to stop myself"

And with that, Soundwave started to move more quickly, pulling back a fist as he rushed at Gustave before swinging it the moment he was able to get close enough to hit him with it.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Gustave blocked the first punch and retaliated with vicious right hook to Soundwave's side. "Someone destroy that machine!" he shouted over the din of battle.

-------------------

Alfred stopped to wipe some sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand. "Sharon" - he winced as a bullet wound in his arm began to burn. "Can you cobble up a gun or something for me? I prefer the big arc cannons that the 'bots use?"  

"I thought you did construction?" Sharon asked as she adjusted the switch on the shotgun.

"I did. I drove heavy equipment, poured concrete, pounded stakes, carried iron and steel, broke up concrete and rock, etc."

"So just manual labor?"

"Hey!"

"Sorry," Sharon said. She pressed the button on her modified shotgun. A blast from it destroyed another robot. She handed it to Alfred.  

Alfred nodded in thanks and sighted down the gun. He pressed the button and the gun roared, destroying another robot.

-------------------

The Mongoose Cobalt soldier and Zachary immediately complied, dumping as many rounds of ammunition as they could into Soundwave's machine.

Neville and Dr. Zanasiu shot as many robots as possible. Luckily, whoever had programmed them did a very poor job on their targeting computers. But those shots that did make it through were stopped by the armor everyone wore.

Neville ducked to reloaded his shotgun as an arc cannon blast scorched the spines on his head.

-------------------

(Approaching Water Distribution Room)

Dr. Bailey slipped one of the tanks and its harness on his back. Luckily, it all came with a regulator and a full face mask - modified so it could accomodate his snout.

Spc, Crota slipped on the tiny tank he had - it was only about as long and as thick as Dr. Landon's forearm but thanks to his lower oxygen demand, it still provided enough oxygen for him to use. His only had a mouthpiece as a full face mask could not fit him.

The trio then continued down the lit pathway until they reached a heavy white painted steel door that had "Water Distribution Room - Authorized Personnel Only" stenciled on it in red lettering.

Dr. Bailey pulled the handle. "It's locked."

Spc. Crota then gave the middle finger to the camera. "Hey, camera gal, door's locked. Unlock it for us!"

"Dude, that's Shelton behind the camera! Be nice to him!" Dr. Bailey said.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Neku flipped over the group as Cale lunged, stabbing several daggers into the joint sections of Soundwave's suit before the two met at the machine and began to overload it with massive waves of electricity....

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Soundwave took on the punch to his face before he bought his arm down onto Gustave's arm.  He then swung a fist at Gustave's face once again, unaware that his facial armour was slowly starting to crack even more.

His chest piece opened up once again as he started to power up for another blast, ready this time, to actually have Gustave killed in the process as his arc reactor continued to power up still, aiming for Gustave fully before he was stabbed at the same time.  Granted, the damage didn't really do much, but it was still enough to cause him to turn and fire, missing Gustave completely.

The electrity surged through his suit as he did so, though unbeknowest to Cale anyway, it was actually powering up his suit even more....

(ooc: Yes, got that idea from The Avengers movie XD)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Jesus, how many jarheads does it take to break down a damn door!" the intercom announced. It immediately followed this up with, "Uh, Shelton, I think it picked that up! Oh, crap, you're right, uh, hold on a minute guys!"

The door whirred, and the lock clicked open.

"Sorry about that! Don't take what I said the wrong way, I don't consider you guys jarheads! Just Crota!"

Crota rubbed his forehead. "This is giving me a headache. Let's get this over with."

He led the way into the Water Distribution Room.

------------------

Back in the control room, Shelton chucked his microphone at the wall. "I'm really glad I spent five minutes setting that stupid thing up," he sighed exasperatedly at Roux and Hawkeye. He switched back to the typing relay he'd used before.

'Now, take the oxygens back off before you pass out and hook them up to the water tanks. I can do the rest from here.'

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Spc. Crota  stepped into the room. Several large tanks filled with purified and treated water were lined up in rows along the walls. The roar of thousands of gallons of water circulating through pipes made it almost impossible to hear anything. "What does he want us to do now?" he shouted.

Dr. Bailey looked around and found a closed valve. "Hook up our oxygen tanks to the water tanks and get out; Shelton will take it from there."

Spc. Crota flicked his tongue in and out. "Why?"

"I'm guessing that the oxygen will hopefully contaminate the water."

Spc. Crota took off his tank. "Well, let's get going!" Drawing his combat knife, he pried off the cover and opened the valve. Almost immediately, cold water gushed from the pipe.

"Shut off the valve before that!" Dr. Bailey shouted.

Spc. Crota shut off the valve located behind the one he had just opened. He then took his oxygen tank, pulled off the mouthpiece and shoved the hose into the valve, carefully using the large valve to pinch the hose in place. He then opened the valve on the oxygen cylinder. "Okay, Shelton, I've got mine in place," he said.

---------------------

Gustave picked up a large piece of scrap metal and threw it at Soundwave. "If you're so tough, fight me with your bare hands!"

---------------------

Alfred had helpfully provided Sharon with a destroyed arc cannon robot.

Sweat drenched Sharon's fur as she began to saw off the robot's arm cannon. A bullet plinked off the robot she was working on, narrowly missing her head.