The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Windows 7

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Yeah, so pretty much the question is who's gonna be upgrading when MS releases it?  I certainly will.  For those of you who haven't seen it already, here's the topic on my experiences with Windows 7:

http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...wtopic=4848&hl=

Tyrannosaur

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
i will most definitely upgrade to Windows 7.

i dont know why, but for some reason ive really wanted 7 for a long time. i hate Vista with every bone in my body.

messing around with the beta atm. its good for a beta. some problems, but thats to be expected. the full versioon is gonna be amazing though.

is there an expected release date for 7 yet?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
is there an expected release date for 7 yet?

I'm not exactly sure.  I've been more concerned with how good it actually works then when it's coming out.  I'd wait another 5 years so long as MS doesn't release another Vista stink bomb. :p

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nope. Parents definitly dont want that. They'll probably wait like 5 years just like they did with XP when it came out :p

TheNumberOneShmuck

• Spike
    • View Profile
I'll definitely upgrade, although I'll probably wait for Service Pack 1 before I go for it.

Actually, I hope to accumulate sufficient points between now and launch to get it from Live Search Club, and save a little money.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'll of course go pirate it before I actually go and purchase it this time.  Made that mistake with Vista.  Worst $300 I've ever spent. :anger

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Jan 17 2009 on  01:06 AM
Nope. Parents definitly dont want that. They'll probably wait like 5 years just like they did with XP when it came out :p
Hey, nothing wrong with waiting 5 years... xD I waited 6! xD :lol And, no, don't think I'll upgrade, probably dual-boot, on account of DirectX 11, but backwards compatibility is still enough to shy me away from making it my primary OS. :p Heck, the way things are looking, I'll probably be triple-booting or quadruple booting by the time that I get my new PC built, sometime next year! xD
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If I do get it I'd wait for the sp1 version before I get it.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
News flash people...Windows 7 is just Vista that's been completed. :rolleyes: It's what Vista was supposed to be.  If you're running Vista, you've got an incomplete version of Windows 7.  Not upgrading would just be stupid if you're running Vista as your main OS. :p By the time Windows 7 actually hits the shelves, it'll be the most advanced and stable Operating System in the world.  SP1 will just be a bunch of anti-piracy additions so MS can protect its precious money. :rolleyes:

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Sure thing I'll upgrade.
Though, I haven't experienced any bigger twist with Vista.  :rolleyes:
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I'll likely stay with XP until the laptop dies.  There's no warranty on this so any major component failure will more than likely be the end of it.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'll likely stay with XP until the laptop dies. There's no warranty on this so any major component failure will more than likely be the end of it.

Aw c'mon Petrie.  You telling me you're not up for a little lookin' at the service manual and replacing the Motherboard?  It's fun! :lol

But seriously, with the online service manuals offered by computer manufacturers, it's really easy to replace parts, even in laptops.....that is if it's not gonna cost $400 for a new motherboard or something stupid like that.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If my motherboard ever dies I'll either A: Get a brand new computer all together or B: Hunt for the cheapest, but will actually work for several years motherboard around that is compatible with all that I have.

As for upgrading to Windows 7, I have a good feeling I'll actually do that.  I'll probably wait a bit if anything.  Maybe as late as SP1, but that's it.

To tell the truth, the beta is looking pretty neat. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It does sound like a good os from what folks are saying, though there may well be some bugs still when it comes out.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Are you kidding me? Upgrade to Windows? From a Mac? That is known as "down-grading," which shouldn't be done with operating systems.

TheNumberOneShmuck

• Spike
    • View Profile
Actually, going from Mac to Window is sidegrading.

Unless your new PC has Vista. Then it's downgrading.

Sableye

• Spike
    • View Profile
I may decide to install Windows 7 on a separate partition when it is finally released. I'm not sure if I'll completely switch to Windows 7 from XP yet, but I'll definitely test it out. It looks convincing, and it does have a few nice features to it.