The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I Need Help

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm having a problem, and I hope at least Landbeforetimelover can help.  I have tried to register on the MSN link he has provided so I can start using MSN, as well as Firefox, but my computer still won't allow me to register due to the cookie blocker.  There has to be an easy fix to this, and I'm probably not getting it right :slap.  I figured I'd post this in case another member comes across the same problem for reference.  Anyhoo, I have Windows XP Home Edition, if that information helps.  

P.S.  Sorry if I've angered anyone about this.  I just can't quite get this kind of thing figured out yet :bang.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I dont think you'll anger anyone with this :p But I forgot where to change that xD so I can't help you either :p

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Is the cookie blocker set in your browser?  I'm no expert but I recall you can set  it so it will accept no cookies or certain other criteria based on what level of security your browser is set to.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Current browser type?  Version number?  We need more information.  Just disable the cookie blocker in the preferences in Internet Explorer.  It's a cinch.  If you're using IE6 just go to the tools menu and then click "internet options".  After that click on the "privacy" tab and then move the indicator down all the way to "accept all cookies.  Then click "OK".  If you're using IE7 or IE8 then you'll have to get to the preferences another way.  Internet Explorer is the worst browser on the planet and I don't use it so I don't have the most experience in it.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I would guess the browser isn't accepting cookies.  Usually "Tools" then "Options" should lead you in most browsers to a place where you can enable cookies.  They do more good than harm, so don't worry about accepting them.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks y'all for being a great help :yes.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
SOunds like the problem is all fixed.   :D