The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Inheritance Series RP

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
So, I was just perusing potential ideas, and decided that I wanted to start an Inheritance Saga RP.  It'd be set after the books, and would deal in the founding, training, and general creation of a new order of Dragon Riders.  Anyone interested?

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Do we have to stick strictly to dragon riders?  I used to RP on the Inheritance rpg on Saphiraforums.com and it offered a lot more diversity than what was shown in the books.  You could rp as pretty much any mythical creature.  True it deviated from established canon but it made the world a lot more interesting and made for some truly epic RPs.  I thought the diversity it allowed made the rp more fun and interesting.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'd say that since this will be set after the novels, we can expand the universe with other (semi-common) fantasy creatures!

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just to clarify, by semi-common, I mean creatures that appear in more than one work of fiction.  So Gryphons, Wyverns, etc are okay, but Jabberwockies aren't.  
Does that make sense?  I hope it does.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ooh goodie!  I've got a villain character and a good guy character in mind already.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Awesome~!  Try to see if we can get anyone else interested!

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It would certainly be nice if I could think of anyone else who might be interested.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I guess we could start with just two people and maybe other people will join later.  I've done plenty of Rps with just 2 people.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sounds like we'll have a third maybe, so I'll go ahead and start posting basic stuff~!

Premise:  It has been years since Eragon and Saphira left Alagaesia behind, and the duo have now begun to rebuild the long-forgotten Dragon Riders.  Sending couriers out to all lands beyond the ocean, several promising young Riders have begun coming to the Isle that he and Saphira found in order to begin training them...

Character Profiles

Name:
Species:
Height:
Build:

Personality/Traits:

Magical Aptitude (Note any specialties):

Weapons:
Fighting Style:

Flaws/Weaknesses:

Mount Name:
Age (Approximate):
Size (Large/Middle/Etc):
Build:

Personality/Traits:

Abilities of Note:

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I think for my characters, I'm gonna post the profiles once the RP thread is created.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Okay!  I'll throw mine up here, and then we can maybe get the ball rolling!

Name: Muramasa-no-Moritsune (Note: Follows the old Japanese style of naming, so Moritsune is his first name)

Species: Human/Dragon Rider

Height: 6'1"

Build: Slender, but well-muscled

Personality/Traits: Moritsune is a calm, focused warrior, unflappable in even the worst of situations during a battle.  Outside of battle, though, he is somewhat withdrawn and taciturn, often withdrawing from contact with others as a result of poor interpersonal skills.  Despite having lived his life as a weapon used by others, he seeks to someday find companionship with others.

Magical Aptitude (Note any specialties):  Precise mastery of telekinetic magic, able to perform it with no visible strain and with no need for an incantation.  Otherwise unremarkable, save for the ability to create and wield magic-forged replicas of weapons.  

Weapons:
Wyrda eld Jierda (Fate Breaker)-  Moritsune's Rider sword, resembling a long katana blade mounted onto a European rapier hilt.  As all Rider swords, unbreakable and always sharp.  Unlike many, however, when the sword is sheathed and its name spoken, it enables Moritsune to unleash a variety of magical attacks.

Eld Moi (Changer)- An odd weapon of Moritsune's, it normally takes the form of a relatively plain, unadorned staff set with a bright red ruby atop it.  However, when its name is said, followed by the word for 'sword', it shifts into a ruby-pommeled, guardless straight sword.  When its name is spoken, followed by the word for branch, it returns to its staff form.

Kveykva Reona (Lightning Reaper)- A long, lance-like greatsword.  Unremarkable, save for that it bears properties similar to the Rider's swords, and also weighs far less than it's size would indicate...

Fighting Style(s):  Moritsune is an experienced warrior, trained since childhood in a variety of fighting styles, a fact that is made all too clear when he is seen fighting.  His most familiar and comfortable style is a derivative of Iaijutsu, relying on rapid drawing and sheathing of his sword to cut through enemies.  He rarely uses the weapon to block any form of attack, instead either using the scabbard or, more commonly, simply evades the attack thanks to his extensive training in Ninjutsu.  When he draws his greatsword, however, his entire combat style changes, and he instead fights with a relentless offensive style, often using the force of his entire body to generate massively powerful strikes.

Flaws/Weaknesses:  Damage sustained during training a long time ago left Moritsune with a severely weakened left arm, which he compensates for via a magically-imbued gauntlet from his homeland.  

Mount Name:  Dynames

Age (Approximate): 19

Species: Dragon

Size (Large/Middle/Etc): Middle, roughly the same as Saphira or any female Dragon

Build: Slender, wiry, with pronounced wings.  Possesses a second sub pair the lay flat against the larger wings until she is in flight.  Long, crystal-esque spikes on tip of her tail and running along the sides of it halfway.  

Personality/Traits:  Dynames is flighty, self-assured, and flirtatious to a fault.  Unlike Eragon and Saphira who bonded early, she came to Moritsune as a young adult, and as such has a great deal more autonomy than most bound dragons.  

Abilities of Note:  Dynames is an incredible flyer, easily able to outmanuver near any foe in the air.  Her breath weapon, instead of fire, shoots out what seems to be a storm of minuscule crystalline shards, causing colossal damage to organic and unarmored foes.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sorry that this is taking so long.  I've been very busy lately and I'm still working on my character profiles.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Gonna bump this one up again, just in case anyone's interested!

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Count me in.

Name: Bion Dorieus
Species:Human(Dragon Rider)
Height:5.7
Build: lean

Personality/Traits: Bion is certainly reserved and calm and at times friendly, but under that shell lies a very sorrowful and pitiable boy. He regrets choices made in the past and sins of his father and knows the burden he must carry.

He tends to be shy and a huge bookworm, but hardly vulnerable. Loyalty means nothing to him, but trust and acceptance mean everything. He does also have a crush on his dragon, Parias.

He tries to maintain a facade that he can handle himself and that others only get in the way, only time will tell how long such a facade will last.

Magical Aptitude (Note any specialties): He can handle offensive and defensive spells rather well. But needs assistance from Parias for healing or alteration spells.

Weapons:
Agorazo(Redemption): A Longsword that is light as a feather and as deadly as a Hawk's talons but is useless without the will to wield it. It will sometimes emit a ghostly aura when struck and its hilt has an Emerald in the pommel.

Aetos(Eagle): A rapid fire Crossbow that is easy to use but difficult to master. It fires at a speed that can penetrate most armor, including a dragon's scales.

Fighting Style:

Bion has an adaptive and very strategic style, its more Defensive than Offensive. His style of swordplay is based of a fencing style, allowing for fast and brutal strikes on his adversary. His Marksmanship is heavily based on leading the target and striking from unexpected angles.

Flaws/Weaknesses: Bion can be a bit brash.In addition, his past guilt and inner turmoil enables him to be open to mental and psychological attacks.

Mount Name: Parias
Age (Approximate):20
Species: Dragon
Size (Large/Middle/Etc): Large
Build: Toned

Personality/Traits: He is reserved and indifferent, he prefers solitude. Parias is a tad arrogant and stubborn. But it hides a softer part of him which yearns to be accepted and actually a bit frightened. After spending many years alone, he encountered Bion and bonded with the boy because they were not so different.

Abilities of Note: Fire Breath, Frost Breath and the ability to summon storms.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Alright, well, now for my other character~

Name: Takeshi

Species: Human

Height: 5'9"

Build: Frail to the point of near emaciation

Personality/Traits: Takeshi is studious, devoted to his books and tomes to a point approaching obsession, often neglecting basic needs in order to focus further on his reading.  When he interacts with other humans, he tends to maintain a coldly distant personality, often attempting to cut interaction short in order to return to reading.

Magical Aptitude (Note any specialties): Perhaps moreso than any other student, Takeshi is a magical prodigy, capable of calling upon even advanced spells with little to no incantation.  Most terrifying of all is his unique spell dubbed "Bolide", which summons a series of fiery meteors to bombard an area around himself.

Weapons:
Asmoday- A  "Spellblade" created as a rider's sword, the blade itself is a long, thin double-edged blade, attached to an ornately engraved handle, with a pommel in the shape of a four-headed hydra, two heads curling in each direction, with a gleaming black stone set in the center of the four.  

Fighting Style:
Takeshi has little talent for physical combat, instead relying almost entirely on telekinetic manipulation of his blade to defend himself.  Where he shines is in the field of offensive magic, using the sword as a conduit for his immense magical power.

Flaws/Weaknesses:
In a melee situation, Takeshi is extremely frail, often going down hard in a matter of one or two hits.  Compounding his problem, the energy draw from his spellcasting is immense, leaving him fatigued if he casts more than a few in rapid succession

Mount Name: Kaien
Age (Approximate): 15
Species: Wyvern
Size (Large/Middle/Etc): Middle
Build: Large, leathery wings that make up forelegs, with a thin, lightweight build.  Long, rudder-tipped tail

Personality/Traits:  Almost the total opposite of his partner, Kaien is a sociable, outgoing sort.  Confident in his friend and partner despite his oddities, Kaien frequently attempts to draw him out into the world.  

Abilities of Note:  Breathes a massive storm of lightning in place of fire

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm jumping in
 name Murriniti
 age 23
Gender female
 Species- Human Dragon Rider
 Height 5'6
Build,  strong arms from working on her fathers farm, medium build
 Magical abilities, has strong offensive capabilities, often using fire and ice in tandem to devastating affect.
 Weapon: sioulblade; a magically enhanced sword that glows different colors based on the situation- pink, is normal, green, friends are near- orange- enemies are near, white- other riders and  dragons are near, red fighting other dragons or riders.
 Personality- outgoing and kind to others, murriniti has developed a very very strong bond with her mount. Sulsi, who she was bound to at an early age. sulsi has a very strong will, and can be stubborn at times, so compromise is often invoked.
 Fighting style: Murriniti is a vicious attacker in a fight, often going for a quick knockout when possible. if her blade doesnt get you Sulsi will.
 Weaknesses: can be overpowered by stronger, more experienced dragons ad riders

Name Sulsi
Species Dragon
 gender female
 Size: large
 Build; Large chested with large wings, has a long tail and ver sharp claws
Personality: Very strong willed Sulsi is not a dragon you want to tick off.the bond between her and murriniti is very strong , sulsi will do anything to protect her rider. despite her bondage, sulsi more or less calls the shots in the pairing.
 Magical abilities can create magical clouds that allow her to escape from larger dragons, offensively has five attack, fire, stone, lightning, cold- a mixture of ice and wind, and darkness- makes it very difficult for enemy dragons or riders to see.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: