The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Things you like that everyone hates

Ptyra · 58 · 5262

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
It's exactly what it says on the tin.

So...to start with me.

IlikeGungansinStarWars. There I said it.
Now, I was...six years old when Phantom Menace was released, so, of course, I liked Jar Jar. Heck, I made "spaceships" in the garage with giant cardboard boxes and chalk and pretended to go meet him XD . I see the annoyingness now but...holy cow, when I was eleven I had the most atrocious Mary Sue thrown at him. Urrgh, and was she ever D: ! Someone get me the brain bleach!
But even that means a lot to me, really. The six/eleven year old in me just won't let him go. When I was in fifth grade, my boyfriend (before he was my boyfriend) gave me HIS Jar Jar plushy because he knew he was my favorite character, for cryin' out loud...and I still have it =3 .
I think I like Captain Tarpals better now that I'm older...that mustache is amazing...He makes me wonder what would have happened if he was in Jar Jar's place. Maybe exiled for helping "outsiders" or something like that...he might have added a smidge more dignity, but I'm not sure. Or just Captain Tarpals.

My favorite part of that whole movie was when the Gungan Army was coming out of the fog. That was pretty epic, IMO. That really caught the true awesomeness for me.
"Primatives? B*tch, please."

Now, they still need work, and I think that had Jar Jar been more on Tarpals' level, he might not have made the whole group look so awful XD .
They could have been the pre-Wookie bad@$$ warriors. In fact, a 1,500-years-later fanplot that my brother and I have features the "action girl" as a Gungan named Artak. But more on her somewhere else.

So, enough about that...what about you?

And please do not fit the cone of shame on me. I am wearing it as a crown and with pride.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Everyone hated that movie. Even a lot of movie critics hated that movie. I thought it was okay not great.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Brendan Fraser. I think the guy is a great actor, but good luck getting anyone else in the known universe to say anything remotely good about him.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I like Robin Williams. He is a very funny comedian and a good actor.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I loved everything about the game "Doom 3" and found it to be frightening. I still play it every once in a while.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Godzilla movies.

I freaking love Godzilla films. The old Showa films, the middle Heisei films, the Millennium films, everything but the godawful American remake (It was very satisfying to see THAT version of Godzila killed in ten seconds flat by the real Godzilla in Final Wars).
And yet I have never met someone who also likes them like I do. I don't gush over them or anything, I know they have their little quirky things to make fun of. But is it so hard to sit through it and be quiet about it?! You got giant monsters blowin stuff up; don't enjoy it? don't watch it.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Allicloud,Aug 31 2011 on  03:21 AM
Godzilla movies.

I freaking love Godzilla films. The old Showa films, the middle Heisei films, the Millennium films, everything but the godawful American remake (It was very satisfying to see THAT version of Godzila killed in ten seconds flat by the real Godzilla in Final Wars).
And yet I have never met someone who also likes them like I do. I don't gush over them or anything, I know they have their little quirky things to make fun of. But is it so hard to sit through it and be quiet about it?! You got giant monsters blowin stuff up; don't enjoy it? don't watch it.
I have all the movies (including the widely panned American remake) on DVD or VHS. I've watched Godzilla since I was 5. And as a kid, I liked the American remake, mostly because I thought he was a dinosaur and dinosaurs were awesome at that time in my life. I still do like the movie. Which is something I like that everyone hates.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I hated the 1998 Godzilla Movie. That was a horrible movie. But I heard they making a brand new one. I hope it way better the the 1998 version. I still like the classic 50's and 60's Godzilla movies and shows tho. Those where good.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^ Please stop calling movies you simply don't like "horrible" and "terrible." You called Blade Hunter terrible just out of no taste for it.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I like the american version of Godzilla, Gino/Zilla. I regard his design and look to be better than the japanese Godzilla. Gino/Zilla looked much more agile by comparison to the tail-dragging Godzilla, and I like his more dinosaurian appearance.

While I don't hate the japanese version of Godzilla, I do like the american version a lot more. I do enjoy the cartoon that came out, Godzilla The Series.

It was very satisfying to see THAT version of Godzila killed in ten seconds flat by the real Godzilla in Final Wars

I despised that part. It was unnecessary. Besides, they should have went with Zilla Jr, who is a much more capable fighter than the parent in the movie (for instance, he doesn't run away from fights, plus he has the fire breath). While I never expected Zilla to win, I felt he should have had a longer fight scene with Godzilla.

Far as I'm concerned, the fight in Final Wars was a real disappointment and was nothing more than a hate scene, bashing on Zilla, rather than a true fight. I mean, the other fights generally lasted a lot longer, so it was completely unfair to have Zilla vs Godzilla last just a couple seconds.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Alpha & Omega, Secret of NIMH 2 and The Fox and the Hound 2.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I like cod liver oil. I also prefer the american version of Godzilla to its Japanese counterparts.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Don't know you any more Daddy. Nah I'm kidding. It's okay if you liked those sequels but I hated them.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Aug 31 2011 on  02:32 PM
I like the american version of Godzilla, Gino/Zilla. I regard his design and look to be better than the japanese Godzilla. Gino/Zilla looked much more agile by comparison to the tail-dragging Godzilla, and I like his more dinosaurian appearance.

While I don't hate the japanese version of Godzilla, I do like the american version a lot more. I do enjoy the cartoon that came out, Godzilla The Series.

It was very satisfying to see THAT version of Godzila killed in ten seconds flat by the real Godzilla in Final Wars

I despised that part. It was unnecessary. Besides, they should have went with Zilla Jr, who is a much more capable fighter than the parent in the movie (for instance, he doesn't run away from fights, plus he has the fire breath). While I never expected Zilla to win, I felt he should have had a longer fight scene with Godzilla.

Far as I'm concerned, the fight in Final Wars was a real disappointment and was nothing more than a hate scene, bashing on Zilla, rather than a true fight. I mean, the other fights generally lasted a lot longer, so it was completely unfair to have Zilla vs Godzilla last just a couple seconds.
That was Zilla Jr. in Final Wars. That scene was Toho's reaction to the American remake. To be honest, they should have extended that fight scene. Zilla Jr. was perfectly capable of putting up a good fight against Godzilla.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That was a different Zilla Jr I believe. Zilla Jr in the animated series was more powerful, plus it is believable that more offspring did survive from the movie. So I think it's more likely that it was a different Zilla Jr, not the same one from the tv series.

If it were the same one from the tv series, it would have stood up against Godzilla much longer, as Zilla Jr is a seasoned fighter and took on many different monsters, from the land, air, and sea. It wouldn't have been so easily toppled over in the first few seconds of a fight.

That's why I feel it's more likely to be a different Zilla Jr, one that has much less experience fighting, and may not have fought against another monster. That would explain why it would lose so fast to Godzilla, inexperience and all.

I still think the fight should have been longer, though. The fight still felt too much like a bashing scene rather than a fight scene. The whole thing was pointless, really.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Sep 2 2011 on  08:42 AM
That was a different Zilla Jr I believe. Zilla Jr in the animated series was more powerful, plus it is believable that more offspring did survive from the movie. So I think it's more likely that it was a different Zilla Jr, not the same one from the tv series.
Toho took into the fact that the American remake was supposed to have a sequel where Nick would find the only surviving Zilla offspring, nurse it, and release it (doesn't sound like a good sequel) where it would then end up in Australia. Which is the reason for Zilla Jr.'s appearance in Australia in Final Wars. It was stated that Zilla seen in Final Wars was from both the movie and TV series. Which confuses me further. One would assume it was Zilla Jr. seeing as he was the only surviving offspring and his parent died in the movie.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Almost forgot to add this part in my last post, I don't care if Zilla Jr was killed by Godzilla in Final Wars. I expected that to happen. There was no doubt that it would have happened. What angered me was how short the fight was. It was wasteful, and it's just not worth watching because of how short it is. A better length of time would have been at least a minute, as it would still have been short enough to show Godzilla's the stronger monster, but also long enough to show that Zilla Jr still has some fight in it.

On DA somewhere, someone is doing a Kaiju Monster series, and did some designs of the monsters. I like their interpretation of Zilla Jr's death much more. In their story, Zilla Jr dies saving Godzilla from a blast from another monster. I forget who was doing the series, though, unfortunately. I don't remember all the details, but I do recall Zilla Jr is killed, but through sacrificial methods, not through hate.

Personally, I like it more when Zilla and Godzilla get along (at least enough to not fight) than to see them duke it out.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
This will sound bizarre.
I like Blood Pudding. It's a swedish dish so I doubt many of you have tried it.
It's made of pig blood. (Lots of iron.)
I find it tasty (especially with bacon or fried potato), but I know many does not.
When Patrick (Nimrod) was visiting me for the first time, I offered him some.
He did not accept that offer. :P:
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.