The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Journey of the Brave (LBT 14)

Mumbling · 763 · 116844

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Awesome! I'm seeing elements of LBT 4 (the cave-in, littlefoot separated from the gang with a wise, comedic older character), and LBT 5 (the stinkweed).

Topsy and Grandpa Longneck's voices, and all of the adults for that matter... yeesh. I guess they're alright, but the old voices were just such a huge part of their characters. That one hurts, it's going to take some getting used to.

The animation is... weird. The sequels have never had top-notch animation, and the majority of them were outsourced to studios in asia, but this is something different. It's kind of jumpy almost. I'll be interested to see what studio is credited for it.

The last thing that stood out to me is the background choice in the clip with all of the adults talking. The colors definitely aren't typical of a night time palette, and while I'm all for color experimentation, it's exceedingly bright, almost to the point of visual confusion. The only thing that I think could account for this is that it might be dusk, and the sun hasn't completely set yet. Will have to watch the full scene I guess.

Also, there's a little bit of snow showing there! I wonder if that's part of the plot, or if it's just a subtle way of reminding us that seasons do exist in the Great Valley :D
It's neat to see Ruby and Chomper included in some way, too :yes

All in all the clips have been good enough to keep me interested- it looks like it might just bring back that old LBT charm if they pull it off right :smile

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
A few things.

While the new voices for Grandpa Longeck and Topsy sound nothing like Kenneth Mars and John Ingle it really isn't that bad. Also Chomper's new voice Issac Brown sounds a lot like Max Burkholder so at least Chomper sounds like Chomper. One last thing. I'm speculating that Tress Macniele is still voicing Ducky's Mother and Petrie's Mother

Oh yeah and Hot and Stinky really isn't that bad. It's actually quite catchy  :)
Life Is Good

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
These clips are brilliant! :)littlefoot I did not expect the Song Hot and Stinky to be as catchy as it was, love Cera's reaction though.

I did notice one thing though. One of the clips, featuring the adults showed Chomper and Ruby but design was like that of the TV series with three claws and body boobs. I don't know weather they changed or weather it was an error but I suppose we will soon see.

All in all I look forward to seeing the new movie come out, I thankfully think that there is no doubt that it is not as goofy as movie 13 but I would speculate to what I've seen is up there with the good sequels.
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow, was not expecting them to be putting out so many clips like this before the movie comes out! I just thought we'd get a second trailer or something. I didn't realize how close we are to release either. It's only about a week and a half away, guys!

SPOILER ALERT

So, looks like the movie won't go into how Chomper and Ruby got accepted into the Valley? All of the residents seems to know them already (Or at least they're not stomping them into bloody red spots on the ground! :lol) Wonder if this movie is gonna go into any of that backstory or not.

END SPOILER ALERT

did notice one thing though. One of the clips, featuring the adults showed Chomper and Ruby but design was like that of the TV series with three claws and body boobs. I don't know weather they changed or weather it was an error but I suppose we will soon see.

Hmm, not sure. Seeing the kinds of animation mistakes they've made in the sequels before, I guess it could be an animation mistake. I don't know, maybe two separate artists drew those two scenes, and one of them wasn't given/told the right character designs to use?
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
EDIT: I have blacked out pretty much everything related to the plot (even minor things) since the film isn't out yet and some people don't want to hear anything plot-related just yet. ;)

I guess this is the one good thing about waking up so early in the mornings. :lol

I'm going to put my thoughts on each of the clips, since I have time to spare. So here goes!

The Cave-In
Well, I woke up at some stupid time this morning and thought I'd check Facebook on my phone... and this wasn't the thing I was expecting to see! If I had to see any clip to give me a good first impression, it would be this one. I had a feeling that it would beLittlefoot who got separated from the gang for my own reasons (which I won't get into right now). Etta seems like a great new character for the franchise and I really like her so far.

Find The Way
Can I just say, I really love the art direction here? I'm really digging the background art in this clip. So, by the looks of it, Wild Arms isn't with the gang for the trip, but he's given them directions on where to go and how to get to the Fire Mountain.

To Guide Us
Honestly, I still don't know what to think here. It's the first time we hear both Topsy's and Grandpa Longneck's new voices, and... wow. I really don't know what to think of them. Topsy sounds okay, and I think I'll adjust to his voice more quickly. Grandpa, on the other hand, just sounds way too different. His voice is deeper and it sounds kinda strange. XD To be honest, I knew anyway that Grandpa's voice change would be the one I would take the hardest, since he's one of my favourite characters and hearing the voice change after so long would be difficult.

Anyway, I agree with what DarkWolf said about the brightness in this clip. It's really weird that they're claiming it's night-time but it's clearly too bright for that... I'm really hoping that this brightness is because it's dusk and not night-time, because I really don't see that why, after the typical night colours for the other films and TV series worked, this one would be any different.

Onto what actually happens in this one, it looks like both Wild Arms AND Chomper and Ruby will be along with the adults for the trip... or at least Grandpa and Topsy. Another thing to point out is that Chomper and Ruby are already in the valley, which again begs the question of whether this takes place before the TV series or after. Either way, there needs to be an explanation as to why Chomper and Ruby are there.

Out of the five clips, I'd say this is the most interesting, if only because of the new voices.

Stinkweed
So, we get to hear a second song from the film! I have to admit, I was wondering why the gang were wearing leaves in the trailer, and I have to say, I really like the idea behind it. The song itself is pretty fun (like Aria said in her interview, it's one of those fun character-y songs) and catchy, and I kinda like it. At least it's not about certain bodily functions as some of us were fearing. :lol Cera's really not getting into this at all, though. :p

One Piece
Looks like the gang just got out of being in a danger of some sorts, and have just found the Fire Mountain. :celebrate Not much else happens besides Littlefoot and Cera having an epic glaring contest, but I guess they can't give too much away.

Overall, it looks pretty good. The animation does look a little bit jerky in places, but I really wasn't expecting perfect animation anyway. What I can say is that it looks better than certain parts of LBT 11 and LBT 13. Whether we like 'em or not, Topsy's and Grandpa's new voices are here to stay now, so I guess we'll just have to get used to it. I wonder if there'll be any more new clips before the film is released, but either way, I'm happy with what I've seen so far.  :yes

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
ooohhh

ok, not going to watch these clips or read anything about them to not spoil anything.
:[

So close... Can't wait.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Ok I have watched those clips and fair warning I may go into a bit of a rant...
And this will be VERY opinionated and honest.  

First I agree with DarkWolf91 the scene with Littlefoot trapped behind rocks is very similar to LBT 4. (A much better sequel and my favourite one)
I have to be honest I'm not sure about Etta's dopey Texas accent. I have a feeling I'm gonna find it quite annoying.

Topsy and Grandpa long necks new VAs... Now Topsy's new voices sound fairly similar to John Engle, but is a bit too deep here and there.
But Grandpa long neck's new voice  sound NOTHING like Kenneth Mars at all, and sound too young to me. More middle age then elderly..
I kinda figured from the start that they'd sound nothing like their old voices, just like 90% of characters that were recast in the TV show..

I also noticed this is just a minor nit pick, but Cera's eye lids are the wrong colour. There normally light yellow like the rings around her eyes. But in those clips there orange.

Then hearing the Hot and Stinky song...
Ok... As soon as I heard the title of that song I knew I was gonna hate it and I guessed 100% right. To be fear it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It thankfully had no toilet humour or fart jokes. But still the title sounds like a song you'd hear in Sesame Street or the Rugrats. Hell it sounded like a Sesame street song. Hot and stinky. More like hot and shitty ! Sorry for the bad language bit I'm annoyed here.
I'm Very tempted to do a Bambo scene of that were he says after the song.. " You know what stinks worse then this weed?....THAT SONG!"
So yeah I think I will skip that song when I watch the movie.

Finally. Ok I know I've said this before loads of times and it kinda a taboo here and I'm out voted. But after seeing the clips I have to get it out of my system.
I'm not happy that they still hired Ducky and Cera's VAs. As I've said I'm not too keen on how they voiced Ducky and Cera, and after seeing the clips they sound just as forced to sound child like and unconvincing, there for spoiling my enjoyment of the film..
I really wished they recast them and have kid actors voice like in the old days.
I don't get why they hire kid actors for Littlefoot and Chomper, but not Cera and Ducky... As I say got nothing against Aria and Anndi, their great actresses and good looking women. But I say their too old now,(If I had been in charge I'd have recast them years ago.) and we need fresh meat.
I mean we've already had 2 recasts for main characters for the movie .

Ok sorry for been soo negative and I know some of you won't like what I said.. But I had to get it out, makes me feel better. I'm still hoping the film will be decent and will give it a watch.. I am hoping it will be available on Google play.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Oh right... Sorry, I got a little carried away this morning and completely forgot about the spoilers! To be fair, the clips don't really give much away in terms of the plot, but I'll put anything that can be considered a minor spoiler in black when I get a chance later. Sorry about that.

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

SuperGameWarrior101

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: somerandomfangirl,Jan 22 2016 on  05:17 AM
Oh right... Sorry, I got a little carried away this morning and completely forgot about the spoilers! To be fair, the clips don't really give much away in terms of the plot, but I'll put anything that can be considered a minor spoiler in black when I get a chance later. Sorry about that.
At least leave the links to the videos open for us to view.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I've considered not watching the clips, but I ended up watching them anyway :p

They don't give much of the plot, at least not more than what we already know. I do like the references to LBT IV (the best sequel by far, and my favourite one).

There are still a lot of unanswered questions that only the movie will be able to answer them. And that's what you want from a trailer/clip. Just enough to get you excited, but not too much of the plot.

As for Hot and Stinky, it's not as bad as I thought it would be. It's childish, but it's a fun song, sometimes we forget this is a franchise meant for small children. Not all songs can be as deep as Always There or as meaningful as It Takes all Sorts.

The animation looks well done, I do love the backgrounds. That nighttime scene was way too bright, but it is beautiful in a stylistic sense.

What I would like to see in the movie:

An explanation for why Chomper and Ruby got accepted into the great valley

A well balanced villain with a good backstory that just isn't some random sharptooth
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, looks like the first spoilers appear around here so I'm out of this thread until I get to see the movie  ;)
Inactive, probably forever.

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
I hope that Tress MacNeille is still the voice for Petrie and Ducky's mothers. Won't know that for sure until I start watching the movie after I purchase it.

I listened to a portion of Hot and Stinky; I think it's a pretty good song.

I was so used to Kenneth Mars as Grandpa Longneck and John Ingle as Topsy. I grew up with the franchise; and it's going to be an adjustment hearing my two favorite adult characters with different voices.

I like that Chomper is making his third movie appearance and Ruby is in her first movie appearance. I think Chomper's new voice actor sounds kinda like his voice actor from the TV series; I barely noticed a difference with Chomper's voice.

:)littlefoot

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Everything plot-related has now been blacked out. Sorry it took so long, but I can't really edit long posts on my smartphone easily. Next time I'll be more careful (and won't post things at 6am :lol ) when it comes to spoilers, both major and minor.

I think those who don't want any spoilers should probably keep away from this topic for now... I have a feeling that there might be more clips uploaded before JoTB comes out. Then when the film comes out we should make a spoiler-free topic for those who want to share their thoughts on the film but don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet. ;)

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hot and stinky suddenly makes sense in context. It wasn't that bad of a song, actually.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
We should set a rule that anyone who wants to talk about spoilers should post at the start of their comments "SPOILER ALERT" or something like that.

As for the voice actors, they really don't sound that different to me. Topsy's the one that I've noticed the most changes, the others are alright. I grew up with TLBT in my native tongue, so it's natural that I'm not as attached to the original VA as most people here, still, the show must go on, and I'm sure the ones will do a good job.

Etta's accent is a bit annoying though. And I see they're still using those "...at least I don't think so" jokes.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
OK...um, wow.

So in the first clip, I gotta say, I find Etta annoying. First of all, all I hear is Reba, I don't hear a character. Secondly, why is she all one color? It almost makes her looked naked or something. I don't like it.

The Hot and Stinky song is as horrid as I thought it would be. I know I'm going to be skipping over it when I watch the film. It almost gave me second thoughts about buying it.

The clip of Spike finding a way down is pretty boring. So is the one of them crossing the chasm, although I do want to see more of this Wild Arms character.

The great valley clip...my god, what did they do to Grandpa Longneck's voice? I'm sorry, it's just sad to hear anyone other than Kenneth Mars voicing him, even if it can't be helped. As for Topsy...yeah, also pretty unfortunate. The one good thing about him was John Ingle's performance, which was always great. Also, is it just me or does Grandma Longneck sound different? At least the ending was nice. Welcome to the films, Ruby, and welcome back to them, Chomper!  :smile

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Jan 22 2016 on  06:30 PM

The Hot and Stinky song is as horrid as I thought it would be. I know I'm going to be skipping over it when I watch the film. It almost gave me second thoughts about buying it.

Glad I'm not the only one who hates hot and stinky ( or hot and sh**ty as I like to call if.) And will skip it when watching the film..