The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Questions? Go ahead and ask me

Sky · 185 · 17832

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
If you end up changing the wingtails' design (by the way I've seen the update in your art thread and will post feedback on it soon ;)), what will it mean for Dawn of a Wingtail? Will you edit the pages you've already done, re-draw them, etc.?

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
I probably redraw everything. Now that I have a new computer, which is also my drawing tablet now, I have to work differently than before and the old pages would look completely different from the newer ones. Although, the first page (title page) will stay the same. :)

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
How has your perception of your own wingtails changed since I started writing Far Away Home?

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
A lot! I thought they would be just another dinosaur type to go with, but after reading FAH, my views of wingtails have changed pretty much since then.  :wow

For example that their main/favourite food is fish wouldn't have come in my mind. I thought letting them eat green food would be enough. Or that they are somewhat more advanced in mind, a far more different society than regular dinosaurs or that they are experts in creating glass objects.

I probably won't see them as the wingtails I previously had in mind ever again but I guess they made a good development and have more depth now than before. :)
I'm a bit sad though that I couldn't pull off such things in the beginning myself.  :cry Feels like I'm not the creator of them anymore since you make a much better job developing them than me...  :unsure:

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What are you so sad about that you felt like you had to express it through Sky and Star crying?

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The next few weeks will be a pain. I have to study like an idiot for three exams I'm really bad at. I even skip dinner and stay much longer awake just to have more time to study and only less of the things I try to understand are actually going in my head. :neutral
I've probably taken the wrong school as most of the subjects are less or not in my interest at all and it plagues me a lot! Ad it's true that I'm too old for school anyways (I'm about 4 years older than most of my classmates). >_<

I also have a feeling that my classmates try to avoid and treat me less favourably... :unsure: I try to be part of a discussion, they ignore me. I ask for help, they deny me. Seriously, my anger is stored and increases day by day since March.  :anger

And what if I don't pass my exams? Then I probably have to cancel 4 years of school and I don't think that I even get a job with that kind of life career...

Im little green glyder :J

• Chomper
    • View Profile
What is your favorite method of painting and what tools you're using for this? :DD

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I don't actually have a question (though I had been wondering the same thing Caustizer asked about); I just wanted to give you my deepest sympathies for what you're going through :( and offer you the very best of luck. (Perhaps you could explain your problems to your instructors and they could help you?) And I'm sure everyone on the forum will agree that if it would help for you to leave the GOF temporarily in order to have more time to study (getting enough food and sleep while preparing for such crucial exams is far more important), then by all means please do it.

Again, best of luck to you with everything, Sky. :)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
@ Im little green glyder :J

I'd say digital. I mostly use Paint Tool Sai to sketch, lineart and color (and somtimes backgrounds). Then I use Photoshop to polish the picture and add a few effects. :)

@ Pangaea
Well, I could at least visit the GOF for about five minutes, just to check what's new. I might get important messages by the time.  
But thank you for your concern~  :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Hi Sky,
I got one question about photoshop. At the moment I am working on a land before time picture in which I might make a bit more use of the options provided by using different layers. However, while doing this I also noticed what seems to be a rather pointless obstacle to me. Whenever more than one layer is selected it seems to be impossible to use brush or pencil tools. No I got an own layer for a tree with its branches and stuff and would like to add a few leaves to it. However, I can only add leaves either onto the trunk and branches of the tree or onto the background leaving the tree itself uterly "untouched" by them. I know how to merge layers so I could merge the tree with the background to "solve" the issue, but actually I'd rather keep the tree a separate layer if that was possible.
So do you know if there is any possibility to use brush or pencil tools while more than one layer is selected? Your help would be greatly appreciated :yes

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Malte

What version of Photoshop do you use? I'm using Photoshop 7.0 and it seems that I'm unable to select multiple layers (newer version might have that feature).

However, I can only add leaves either onto the trunk and branches of the tree
You might have the 'transparent pixels lock' enabled. It allows you to paint on an object on the layer you have currently selected without painting 'outside' from that object.

or you have a layer 'grouped' to that object:

It's similar to the transparent pixels lock, except you're painting outside the object too, which is not visible until you 'ungroup' that layer.

or onto the background leaving the tree itself uterly "untouched" by them

Hmm, that's new to me. :unsure: Do you paint on the "Background" layer or a layer that is just 'below' the tree layer?

Because the layers above are always 'untouched' from the layers below them. That's the only thing I can think of.

A few screenshots of your workspace might help me to understand better (if those problems aren't solved yet with these solutions). :)

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
If you could travel anywhere in the world where would be the one place that you would desire to go to?  (and why?)

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Saft
There are many places I'd like to travel. :^.^: But since you're asking for ONE place, I'd travel to Rio de Janeiro! :D After seeing the animated movie 'Rio', I got really interested into it and I would really like to participate in one of the greatest carnivals in the world.  :wow

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, my upcoming LBT contest is only days away.

Do you plan on entering it again this year?  After all, I'm sure a lot of people would want to try their luck against the champ. :D

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
If Sky and Star have a daughter, what would her name be?  What would her tail vane and coat colour be?

I was thinking of calling her Crystal, and having a diamond tail similar to her father, but I'm interested to hear what you think.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
A daughter... wait, what!? A daughter? Are you reading my mind or something?  :blink:  :o

[size0](I should really work on DoaW as fast as possible :oops)
Well, I thought to call her Dawn. Her color is somewhere purple/blue and her tail vane would be... ah, it's quite difficult to describe so here is a pic:

The smaller part is semi transparent. ;)

So, are you actually planning a second child for Sky and Star? I guess getting lessons from Glide makes Cloud a strong big brother.  :lol  :angel

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sky,Jun 27 2011 on  03:21 PM
A daughter... wait, what!? A daughter? Are you reading my mind or something?  :blink:  :o

[size0](I should really work on DoaW as fast as possible :oops)
Well, I thought to call her Dawn. Her color is somewhere purple/blue and her tail vane would be... ah, it's quite difficult to describe so here is a pic:

The smaller part is semi transparent. ;)

So, are you actually planning a second child for Sky and Star? I guess getting lessons from Glide makes Cloud a strong big brother.  :lol  :angel
We will see.  I like Dawn as her name, and think I may keep it if I decide to go that route in both the cannon and non-cannon stories.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah, forgot to answer pokeplayer984's question:
Probably not. I promised not to enter the next contest to give others a chance. :) Also, I'll be leaving soon somewhere so I won't even get the opportunity to enter.  :confused
Sorry to disappoint you.  :oops

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
What is your favorite song from a Japanese Animated Movie?

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Petrie85
I don't watch that many japanese animated movies. Although, I liked "Fanfare" by Mr.Children from One Piece: Strong World :yes