The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Night in the mysterious beyond

Guest · 7 · 1234

Bruton the Iguanodon

From movie 5, it's Mr. Threehorn's reaction to his own decision.

"So that settles it. We're splitting up. From now on it's each herd to itself."

It had been a long, hard day in the blazing heat of the mysterious beyond; the cool breezes the night brought did little to change the mood of the dinosaurs from the great valley, traveling to find a new, lush, green place after their valley had been eaten by locusts.

It didn't bring any change to Mr. Threehorn's mind about the decision he had made that the herds should split up. Most of the adults had agreed to his decision, to his satisfaction, but he couldn't help noticing throughout the rest of the day that how unhappy Cera was.

It's that longneck's problem, Mr. Threehorn thought.  He lay with his daughter ext to him, together with the rest of the threehorns, as each herd was sleeping with only their own kind.  It's all that damn longneck's fault, he thought again. He keeps convincing her to go on adventures and...he's nothing but trouble.

Close by lay Tasha, his former wife. With her were his three other daughters. When she'd left him to go live in another part of the valley, she had gotten them. He had gotten Cera.

She wasn't a great wife anyways, he thought bitterly. It was true---most of their time they had spent fighting. It had mainly resulted when he'd accidentally let it slip that he'd been with another---more attractive---female threehorn named Tria years before they met.

Mr. Threehorn looked down at his daughter. She sighed. "Daddy, why?" she said unhappily.

Mr. Threehorn looked into her eyes. His youngest daughter, only one he really had any more, was the bravest, most stubborn threehorn he knew. And yet here she looked so sad and helpless. What could he say?

"Sweetheart, it's all for the best," he said gently. "I'm only doing this because I care about you. We'll find food and water soon. If we listened to the old longneck..." he tried his best here to keep the hatred out of his voice, "...we'll die."

"How do you know that, Daddy?" Cera said.

Mr. Threehorn sighed. He didn't.

"Littlefoot's not weirdo you think he is," Cera continued.

"You fought with him earlier today!" Mr. Threehorn retorted.

"Only because..." Cera began. "Only cause he was...saying bad things about you."

Mr. Threehorn smiled a genuine smile. That was his daughter, going out to defend him. He had been through some rough times with her, but in the end everything worked out for the best. This would as well, he tried to tell himself.

"Thank you, Cera", he said. "I promise things will get better." He kissed her, and she gently sank into sleep.

Mr. Threehorn sighed. He had at first had little doubt that his decision to spit up the herds was right. He had grown fairly used to living among other herbovores in the valley, but it was so much easier to stick with your own kind.

And then he remembered how Littlefoot's grandfather had saved his life not lo g ago. What if he was i some sort of peril only a longneck could save him from?

He sighed, figuring that on ce he and his fellow threehorns set off, he would k ow for sure. With that in his mind, he drifted to sleep.

In the morning, he found that Cera was gone.

Anyways, how do you like it?

Bruton the Iguanodon

Acutally...I was thinking of ending it there. But if you want me to go on I could.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's your story. You can do with it as you please.

But yes, I would like you to go on. It's interesting to see Mr.Threehorn's perspective on the events of the fifth movie. I feel it is incomplete the way it is now. Cera's disappearing looks more like a cliffhanger than a real ending.

Bruton the Iguanodon

"CEEEEERRAAAA!"

He roared her name over and over, to no avail. She was truly gone.

"Please, everyone", Grandpa Longneck was saying to Ducky's parents and Petrie's mother. "As you can see, they've clearly left tracks to show where they went. My best guess is that they did not like the idea of the herds seperating, and have contiued the search without us, perhaps leading us to food, so we won't have to split up."

Mr. Threehorn hated to think that his daughter would follow through with an idea like that, but knew in his heart it was true. To his relief, he the old longneck was right about the footprints. Four sets of tracks lead away from where the herds had been sleeping, and one was clearly Cera's. Ducky and Spike's parents looked relieved. Petrie's mother, too, seemed quite relived; even though there were no traces of her son's footprints, he was sure to be with his friends.

Without another the adults began to follow the footprints. Mr. Threehorn made a mental note in his head though to get away from these longneckes, swimmers, spiketails and flyers once he found Cera.

The day was long and hard, but eventually a cool breeze began to blow towards the adults.

It was then that smell of water reached Mr. Threehorn's nostrils. Perhaps Cera and the rest had managed to find food after all. The idea set Mr. Threehorn at peace. He had said what he had said out of the pure harshness of the circumstances, and if there was a new green place ahead of this hill they were crossing, it really wouldn't matter having to live with others. He didn't love the idea, but he could live with it.

They reached the top. There wasn't a green land ahead of them.

It was a body of water that spread out as far as the eye could see. Mr. Threehorn had heard tales of this place, called the ocean, from old Mr. Thicknose, who claimed to have been here. But he had never actually believed that annoying old one. It just seemed too unbelieveable. And yet here it was.

They walked down the shore in amazement. The dirt here was unlike any Mr. Threehorn had ever seen---it was pleasently soft to his feet, and unusually loose.

As they reached the edge of the water, Grandpa Longneck leaned forward, looking at the footprints that lead along the shore. This was where they stopped. Suddenly, the mood of the entire party turned hopeless.

"Oh, poor, poor Littlefoot," said Grandpa.

Mr. Threehorn felt his anger coming back again. "This is all your faut, longneck!" he spat at Littlefoot's Grandpa. "My daughter is gone, and I blame that boy of yours!"

"Littlefoot?" Grandpa gaped. "Why?"

Mr. Threehorn noticed Grandpa suddenly looked unusually snappy, and as much as he disliked them, he feared the wrath of longnecks. "Uh...well..." he stuttered. "...I have to blame somebody, don't I?"