The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

An interesting fic I found online...

Guest · 13 · 2407

Bruton the Iguanodon

Here's a really intriguing fanfic I found online, and I figure, it's so short anyone could read it in a few minutes, that pretty much everyone will and we can discuss it.

http://m.fanfiction.net/s/1138722/1/

It's very well written, and best of all, shows an "offscreen" moment during one of the films, which has hardly ever been done before.

But...there's something I don't like about it and that's that it destroys a picture I had in my head.

I'd thought that durig the song "Always There"...it was the first time Littlefoot had really thought about his mom since movie 1.

But hey, it's a fanfic. It never happened in the film and is only someone's perspective. It doesn't have  to have happened if I don't want it to.  I just need to remember that. ;)

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
"Always There" is the first time we see Littlefoot make reference back to his mother. That doesn't mean he stopped thinking about after the first movie. I would be very surprised if his mother was not on his mind every day after her death.

I will say it's interesting that the second voice he heard was what he thought to be his father. The only thing about this though is that Bron isn't dead at this point, but Bron thought Littlefoot was dead when he couldn't find him all that time. I don't really know how Bron contacting Littlefoot through the stars would actually work, but then again I'm nitpicking.

It is a very thoughtful look into what causes Littlefoot to lead the others away from the herd.

Bruton the Iguanodon

God, does it have to be real? Cause I don't want it to be. I had that picture perfect image in my head of "Always There" being the first time he'd really thought about her...god, this has to be real, does't it?! :cry

I liked how 5 just shows us with Littlefoot suddenly coming up with the idea to leave the herds. I don't like how someone is trying to mess with the story and ruin the vision of it I had. It's the first half of 5 and it's my favorite, and now I can't get it out of my head and it's a part of the movie practically. But I don't want it to be.

I don't want it to be!

I don't want it to be!  :anger  :cry

Personally, I think it would be more interesting to see Mr. Threehorn's reaction in this situation. We'd see him maybe feeling a little guity about what he said, but then considering it's all for the best...I mean, don't you think it would be more interesting to see inside the mind of...the, well, "antagonist" of this situation? Don't you think Littlefoot is a bit too cliche? I may have to do this myself.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Listen kid, someone is just giving their creative take on the story. No need to be upset about it. If you want to believe it your way, have it your way. It's easy.

Bruton the Iguanodon

But I don't like it this way. I love the idea of "Always there" being the first time he really thinks about her death, I really love how we suddenly just hear from Petrie that Littlefoot's come up with a plan, implying it could have been a sudden bright idea, and I hate how whoever wrote this fanfic thinks of neither of these things and apparently hates Mr. Threehorn. I really love Mr. Threehorn and I think he was just really grumpy here. Doesn't whoever wrote this understand him?!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If you don't like it, you don't like it. You don't have to force your opinion down everyone's throat. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and vision, and perhaps you should pay more attention to that when creating your topics.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean nobody else does, nor does it give you authority over what can and can't be written in fanfics. If this person wanted to write this, they had every right to. You don't have to like it.

What I find ironic is that in your first post, you admit it was just a fanfic and seem to imply that you don't have to get upset over it because of that. But you then, in your next few posts, start complaining about the story, going against what you said at the end of your first post.

Everyone had a different opinion on fanfics and we will not all like the same stories. None of our opinions on what makes a good story should govern what other people may want to write, so long as it isn't derogatory or bashing.

So if you don't like this story, then just stop reading it and find something else to do, like another fanfic to read or something.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Jan 22 2012 on  01:45 PM
God, does it have to be real? Cause I don't want it to be. I had that picture perfect image in my head of "Always There" being the first time he'd really thought about her...god, this has to be real, does't it?! :cry

I liked how 5 just shows us with Littlefoot suddenly coming up with the idea to leave the herds. I don't like how someone is trying to mess with the story and ruin the vision of it I had. It's the first half of 5 and it's my favorite, and now I can't get it out of my head and it's a part of the movie practically. But I don't want it to be.

I don't want it to be!

Personally, I think it would be more interesting to see Mr. Threehorn's reaction in this situation. We'd see him maybe feeling a little guity about what he said, but then considering it's all for the best...I mean, don't you think it would be more interesting to see inside the mind of...the, well, "antagonist" of this situation? Don't you think Littlefoot is a bit too cliche? I may have to do this myself.
There's a beautiful thing about fiction. You can take it and make it whatever you want it to be. You can give it your own personal meanings and you can have your own personal theories about it.

In short, you could take it and close out the original creator's reality and substitute your own. Just don't go around shoving it in other people's faces saying that its the most ultimate cannon for the story (which its not). This is called fannon. And it exists for all popular series out there. Even for LBT.

If you dont like a certain ideology for a certain story, then you dont have to accept it. Make your own ideology and go with it. And dont judge other people for their ideology, because that's just a bit, well, selfish. :p

I hope that made sense.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Jan 22 2012 on  01:45 PM

I don't want it to be!

I'm don't understand why you are getting upset over this. There is a reason why this is called fanfic, because it's fiction. It doesn't exist in the universe of the subject material unless Universal were to contact this writer and tell him/her that what they wrote would become in cannon with the story. So no, this does not have to be and will not be real.

If you don't like it, that's fine. I understand what you were invisioning during the scene and that's great you were thinking about it like that. Having said that, getting upset over it isn't the way to express your opinion about it. The author is the author, and he/she decides what goes in their fanfic, not you.

Now about your other thought, it would be interesting to see Mr. Threehorn's reaction to the whole situation. My only thought is that we already see a glimpse of his reaction: he immediately blames Littlefoot with no rhyme or reason. More than likely, he is too proud to even think that he was possible the cause of Cera running off, so he turned to the first scapegoat he could find. Now of course there is always the possibility that Threehorn feels guilty about blaming Littlefoot and then starts to realize the mistake in his actions. That could certainly be an interesting one shot fanfic. The only thing is you would have to keep Threehorn in line with how his character acts in movie V.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm sure I've read this one before. I'm pretty sure this fanfic was written before LBT10 came out, so the author had no idea whether or not Littlefoot's dad was still alive. That just goes to show that you need to be more aware about when you're reading an older fanfic, because some facts may have been unknown at the time of publication.

By the way, Bruton, I think you need to learn to keep you mouth shut more often. <_<  If you don't like this fanfic, then fine, you don't have to tell us more than once. I could say a lot of bad things to you right now, but I know better than to do that, so I'll keep those thoughts in my head, where they won't harm anyone.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Bruton the Iguanodon

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Pardon my bluntness here. I'm not trying to offend anybody, but this needs to be said.

IT'S NOT TRUE! It's fiction! It doesn't exist in the cannon of the LBT universe! Nothing about it makes it true! It's one author's idea of what could have happened that would cause Littlefoot to come up with the plan. That's it. Nothing more. You don't like it. That's fine. You want to keep envisioning it the way you have been all this time. That's perfectly fine. What's not fine is complaining about something that doesn't exist. It is pointless and only goes to annoy people. If you don't like, don't read it and stop thinking about it. If this is something that truly causes you anguish then I can't help you.

guidolover

• Chomper
    • View Profile
ITS NOT TRUE !  :)

look , just dont read it and have a picture of what you wanted it to be  :) .
Its not like everyone believes it , Ive read some stuff I hated and it did make me feel a little anoyed but I just tried to think of my view and forgot about it . So dont get upset , ok  :wave

bye bye  :D