The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Long time No Speak!

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Hi all! This is Ptyra!

It's been several years since I've been around (mostly sense the big InvisionFree switch...) and was starting to feel nostalgic for old forum days!

The last time I peeked in, I was starting to attend a tech school for an AAS in Visual Communications in Design, which I got in 2017. Now I'm finally getting my Bachelor of Fine Arts (Graphic Design) and am Even More Finally living on my own! I'm probably graduating by this time next year, but we'll see how my class schedule goes....

Not entirely sure how active I'll be, especially since I'm knee-deep in OK KO and even helping to set up a forum for that. Which is probably part of why I got wistful feelings about the Good Old Times. Especially with this place still thriving!

Anyway, glad to see those of you who are still here!

(almost totally forgot my iconic orange coloring...)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 08:22:03 PM by Ptyra »

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey, long time no see indeed, welcome back! :D Your text color  is indeed memorable.

Good to hear your life is ok.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah, I missed the orange color ;) Good to see you again, Ptyra. Best of luck with finishing your studies!

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
hi pytra . glad to hear from you. welcome back.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Thanks, all!

Besides that school, my family and I spent about seven years knee-deep in fostering kittens and cats (can't for now! Just a few more years lol)  and my family's spread to the four winds kinda. Parents sold the childhood home in 2020 (where we were born and raised) and so I crashed with my mom's for a year, while I started my BFA, then my parents for the summer of 2021, and now I'm finally on my own! 

If anyone's interested, I can share the start of the professional portfolio!

I'm really leaning into the idea of working on a graphic design team for a company or non profit