The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Archive Finished!

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
As far as I can tell, the new LBT Archive is basically finished.  The character pages have been re-designed and everything is now up.  

www.lbtserver.2myip.net/lbtarchive

I didn't add any new character pages and I only got new images for a few characters, but to be honest I don't have the time for that right now.  I'll do those updates later.  But for now, the website functions.  Please let me know if you encounter any broken links or anything else that doesn't work right.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Cool....it finally joined the 21st century. :)  Only one small issue...all the character pages...the text is black (but I can highlight it so I know its still there).

I'm not sure I need an answer, but am curious all the same...if you had a new LBT site (the Funsite) and you could put on whatever you wanted, why redo the Archive when you could've just updated your own?  Needed something to do?  Wanted to do it as a tribute?  Coding practice?  I'm grateful for the site update, but you didn't have to go through all that trouble. ;)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Only one small issue...all the character pages...the text is black (but I can highlight it so I know its still there).

CRAP!  It's an issue with Opera's rendering engine.  I gotta fix that.  It shows up blue like it's supposed to in Firefox and Google Chrome.......

I'm not sure I need an answer, but am curious all the same...if you had a new LBT site (the Funsite) and you could put on whatever you wanted, why redo the Archive when you could've just updated your own?

Well to mix things up of course.  If everything is under the same interface, what fun is that?  I link to the LBT Archive on my main LBT site and everyone that goes to my LBT site goes to the LBT archive too.  Besides...I don't like having to rely on Freewebs for everything.  If my main LBT website just went down, I wouldn't have to worry about a thing.  I'd have to re-write some stuff, but everything is basically hosted on my server.

Needed something to do?

Heck no, that is NOT it.  I don't have time for it to be honest.  I've already got TONS to do.  I'm trying to start up another business and I have so much to learn.  After all it's summer time.  Summer is the only time I am able to learn.  School just kills my brain cells and turns me into a zombie.  If I hadn't been made to go to school my whole life and wasted all that time, I would be soooooooooooooooo much smarter and more advanced with computers. :bang

But anyways, I gotta go fix that piece of crap.  Geeze.  Individually editing dozens of pages with archaic HTML elements.  This is gonna be fun.....

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I noticed your Character List is missing quite a few LBT Characters.  Then again, I'm sure you're working on them.  Besides, it'd be nice to see what you think of Guido and several others that have yet to be listed.

I patiently await the missing reviews as I'm sure you have quite a bit to say about them. :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
it'd be nice to see what you think of Guido and several others that have yet to be listed.

Well my opinion of the characters will (hopefully) not show through as I'm writing the character pages.  After all, the purpose of the pages is to reveal relevant facts about certain characters, not to express the opinions of the webmaster.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If you wish to click a characters link the text that shows up below it is 'tool tip'. I don't know if you can but I guess you could try to change that tool tip into the characters name?

Screenshot to clear up what I mean:

The actual image is not so dark. Paint did that when I saved it as a JPG.

Oh, and I also noticed you used my screenshot of tria :D :p

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The blue text is fixed and now works with Opera.

If you wish to click a characters link the text that shows up below it is 'tool tip'. I don't know if you can but I guess you could try to change that tool tip into the characters name?

Crap.  It's so hard to get rid of all that archaic HTML.  There's no need for alternate text in an image link.  I think I'll just take it out.

Oh, and I also noticed you used my screenshot of tria

Your snapshot?  Not that I'm aware of.  I took that years ago with VLC when I first got the code to the LBT Archive from Petrie.  Which reminds me, I really need to fix that.  *Sigh* it still needs so much work on the character pages......

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm how strange... I thought I made that snapshot for I used it on the dutch lbt page (and everything on their is taken by us). Seeing it was the first hit on google(when looking for 'tria land before time' in images), I thought you used my image. Nevermind then! :)

Maybe I randomly used your image because I was lazy... But in that case I can't remember.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Looks like it's starting to work beautifully!  Nicely done on reviving this site!

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I thought I made that snapshot for I used it on the dutch lbt page (and everything on their is taken by us). Seeing it was the first hit on google(when looking for 'tria land before time' in images), I thought you used my image. Nevermind then!

Nope.  I've actually never been to your Dutch website.  There wouldn't really be a point seeing as I don't understand even 1 word in Dutch.  Not even yes no or hello. :p

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
True, but since it's the first hit on google image you might've just used that... Oh well! :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
True, but since it's the first hit on google image you might've just used that... Oh well!

Naw.  I don't search Google for LBT stuff.  When I want LBT stuff, I want it in high resolution and the best quality I can get.  Normally you can't get that from a Google Image search.