The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Land Before Time Olympics?

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile
swimming contest or something like games on cartoon network  website for games.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I was thinking that there would be races, strength contests, and maybe swimming.  Any suggestions are open!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Some stuff maybe with accuracy with hitting things with a stone you hit with your tail, 4 footers could participate in that.   Throwing for those with hands, maybe a separate event or the same?  Aerio and maybe aquatic acrobatics maybe.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Those are good ideas, Kor!  I'll add those to the list.  Right now we've got..
Running
Swimming
Strength events
Acrobatics (Air/Water/Land)
Throwing
Tail hitting
Wrestling/Combat games
Treestar Eating
Triathalon/Obstacle Course

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not sure if wrestling would fit.  Maybe only 2 footers.  

Reminds me of a scene from a series no one here's ever heard of, Dinosaucers.  There was a scene where Allo and Genghis Rex  do some tail wrestling using, of course, only their tails.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmm, what about a treestar eating contest, or something similiar?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Heh! That would suit for spike :p lol *thinks of something*

hmm.. olympic.. hide & search?:p I know, not good.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
How about stamina?
Think something like triathlon (swimming, athletics and cykling).
Don't know where they would get bikes from.  :lol
Pentathlon.
Or simply an obstacle course?
Just ideas, don't know if they fit.

I might bring the bluish runner into this.   :^.^:
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
A triathalon may fit but substitute jogging a certain distance instead of cycling.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Is this Olympics going to be some sort of tradition, or is this going to be the first time. Say a whole bunch of different herds show up in the valley and they decide to commemerate everything with the Olympics? Perhaps part of the reason for the games is that the migrating herds think the Great Valley dinos are going soft?

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
This idea...is sheer brilliance!!!!

Although I gotta ask...how would the flyers (aside from Longtail) compete in the swimming portion of these games? What would Littlefoot and Cera, and Spike do while the others are Log Running? Just watch I suppose...oh well :^.^: I'm sure everyone would have fun!

Are these Olympic games open to all valley residents or just the children? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions...I'm just really excited about this...I know it's going to be an amazing RP. :yes

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I would think that if should be separated into adult and hatchling events. Perhaps the adults decide to hold the events and then the youngster decide to have their own so that they don't get left out.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
@ Drake:  That sounds like a good plan, and we could make it a once in a very-long-time event.  Like, maybe seven cold times between or so.

@ GVG:  There would likely be some events near the same time, so they would either be watching or competing in their events.  And everyone would compete in what they could.    So Dante wouldn't enter in the sky acrobatics, and Longtail wouldn't maybe join in swimming races except against other non-swimmers.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
One would have to be careful they don't enter too many events. Don't want to tire yourself out before you reach whatever event you might really be looking forward to.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It may also last over a long time so everyone has a chance to rest and such before the next event they want to enter.   Part of the divisions may be due to age, size, maybe type in some cases.  

Flyers and non swimmers who know how to swim may be a separate division then the swimmers one.  

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Another thing to add would be the land before time version of games like soccer aka "toss the seed" and I believe they were also seen bowling in the seventh movie. Sports like that could be included in the Olympics.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There are likely many sports that if some thought is done can be made into an lbt version.   :yes

Some others may be like a, I think Scottish one where you toss a log.  I think you hold it upright then throw it, hard to explain.  There may also be various strength contests like they do in the world's strong man contests they do.  Maybe a separate category for 2 footers & 4 footers or maybe not.

Found some youtube vids on the Scottish log tossing, it's called a Caber toss seems to be.   I think it could be a strength completion, along with other events, like bolder lifting, bolder pushing, log pulling, ect.  Maybe different strength sporting events.

Badish video quality on how to toss a Caber:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0z_0jqqZdw

Caber Tossing in sporting events:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDf2Xl6zxHg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DYtz7Mon3c&feature=related

Though the main difference is the poles would not be smooth like they are done in this world.  They'd likely still have their bark on, & would be larger for certain size dinos, like Ducky's parents, then smaller ones, which would be a different category, like Ruby's parents or adult rainbowfaces.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My characters are in. Vylor and Argaya will do some of the sports. They could do running/obstacle course.

As an idea, maybe something that resembles beach volleyball. Two-person teams for maybe either a jurassic beach volleyball or a relay run would be good.