The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Blanking the Slate

Serris · 921 · 87605

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
"Don't care about your experience," Marcus said roughly. "Don't care about your deal. You try to contact someone on the outside again without our permission again, and I kill her, you and your two fuck buddies. Understood?"

He turned as the Purifier reported who had been on the other side of the call. "Nigel Bailey..." He searched up the name on his own cell phone. Her manager? So she wasn't contacting the police... Marcus frowned. Should he arrange to have him killed? He had no idea what Flora might have told him... No, right now it'd be too much of a distraction. It's better to keep watch for anything unusual first. We'll be changing location soon anyhow. Marcus looked up at the clock. "5 minutes before we move out!" he barked.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Rose was about to reply indignantly to Marcus' threat, But Marita cut her off " Go Get ready Rose. we have more pressing matters to deal with right now. Go get Flora and get her ready. Remember we're posing as tramps for this stakeout." marita said. i'll buy you a new phone later. Go,girl"
 Rose walked to the next room, where she found Flora curled up into the fetal position and crying openly. " come on Flora, we need to go" she said stepping forward then noticing her smashed  phone lying on the ground..Rose picked up the phone, then flipped it over
 the underside which contained the SIM card, looked intact.. the phone screenface and the siding had taken the brunt of the damage, as pieces iof the siding and screen were missing. rose slid off the battery cover, pulled out the battery,  and found the sim's card behind it was.. somehow, intact. she pulled that out  as well and put both of them  into her pocket then tossed the phone into the garbage. she then turned to Flora " Flora? We gotta go. its stakeout time.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Anne got out of the shower and strode into the room. She had a red cocktail dress on and her mane and tail were amazingly shiny.

Soren's jaw dropped. "Holy shit!"

Aaron nodded approvingly. "You look hot like that!"

"Quite a step up from the 'Seryet Bum' look you always have. Hell, I can't tell you're overclocking right now."

Anne pinned her ears back but she chuckled at the jab. "Amazing what you can get at a thrift store."

She then cracked her knuckles. "Right, let's get moving."

Soren stuck the compnoculars into the pocket of his windbreaker. Aaron checked his pistol and reholstered it. He slid a holster with a pistol in it to Soren, who tucked it into his windbreaker.

"Everyone else, will be issued their weapons when we drop you off." The German Shepherd then strode over to the front door and began unlocking it.

(OOC - Overclocking - under the influence of performance enhancing drugs.)

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Flora glared at the unsympathetic Great Dane as she left the room. If I survive this, I hope I never have to see your dopey slobbermouthed face again, she snarled silently, getting to her feet.

She couldn't let them get to her. They could punch her, molest her, beat her down physically and emotionally, but if she caved they'd only do it more. Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll die before I break and not during, she thought grimly to herself as she returned to the main room, returning a suspicious glance in her direction from the Purifier who interrogated her.

Emilena exited the bathroom ready to go. "It looks like we might be slightly behind schedule already, so is there any chance we could speed things up?" she asked. "We miss this chance, word of Black's death will have spread too far and we don't get another."

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
A short while later, Marcus rolled the SUV to a stop on a dimly lit sidewalk. Up ahead, he could see the entrance to the strip club. Dobson's Alley was almost indistinguishable from the other old industrial-style buildings that formed the Oilworks District. The only thing that made it stand out were the occasional patrons heading in through a heavy-looking metal sliding door into a passageway that glowed pink, and the garish neon letters that spelled out the club's name. Someone had stolen the 'b' so it now read 'Do son's alley'. Marcus could see various rough-looking individuals, both male and female, hanging around. Occasionally, a car would stop alongside one and after a few words were exchanged they would get in, the vehicle driving off into the evening. Marcus' jaw tightened. He could feel the filth seeping into his pores. The Purifier sitting in the passenger seat next to him seemed equally uncomfortable.

In the back seat, Axel stared at his phone's screen, trying to memorise the face staring back at him. Raymond Metheun... With a name and place of work finding him hadn't been too much trouble. He was a human, but with his pinched in face and small beady eyes, Metheun looked even more rat-like than Axel. "So we can't let him see us, right?" he asked, snapping the phone shut and slipping it back into his pocket, hoping he'd be able to pick out the guy's face in a crowd.

"Yeah. Just want to see where he goes," Marcus confirmed, keeping his eyes on the strip club's entrance. "Don't act suspicious and he shouldn't notice."

Axel nodded and looked over at Anne, sitting next to him. "Alright... let's get this over with." Reluctantly, he started to open his door.

Marcus tapped a button on his cell and raised it to his ear. "Aaron, we're ready. You in position yet?"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Rose came out, dressed up to look like  a Showgirl who had seen better days. The makeup under her eyes, imitated bags to show either lack of sleep or drug use, or some combo of the two. She walked  down the street apoparently paying little attention to  to the other seedy persons hanging around the club "How much you want for a quick shag ' Coughed a  tough-looking Irish setter with bloodshot eyes, whoi had been hanging around near the enterance and made her was up towards Rose " Pay you 100 creds for it" Another coughing fit seized her and blood gurgled over lips and down her chin " sorry " Da,mn Ice patches never come without side effects."
 ("ICE" Is slang for a certain kind of drug treatment patch, which has a number of side effects, including bloody mucus and spittum.)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Anne fluttered her eyelashes at the burly Percheron stallion bouncer. He wrinkled his muzzle at her attempt at flirting.

"Save it for the ones inside, sweet cheeks," he said as he let the duo inside the club.

The interior of Dobson's Alley hinted at its former industrial past. Exposed pipes and structural members lined the walls and ceilings. Armored industrial lights similar to what illuminated construction sites dangled from cables.

The tables and chairs looked someone had cobbled them together from detritus from a demolition site.

On a stage that looked like a torn up piece of sidewalk, Sea Otter dressed in a sailor's uniform and a tall Human wearing a sealskin trench coat were busy operating the DJ station. A dark, heady electronic track warbled out from the speakers surrounding the stage.

Anne sniffed the air. The scent of alcohol and greasy bar food mingled with the scent of cologne.

---------------

"Roger that." Aaron's voice came through Marcus's cell phone. If Marcus had looked up into the clear night sky, he would have seen the burly German Shepherd on the opposite side of the street, carefully hidden behind an LED sign that advertised "exotic dancers".

---------------

Soren was on the roof of D'Arco, a grimy industrial building that had been renovated as a brothel. He was crouched behind one of the large air conditioning units. His SMG dangled from a shoulder sling.

He spied Rose talking to a Irish Setter bitch who was clearly intoxicated. Previously, he had seen Anne and Axel enter Dobson's Alley.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Things are looking okay," Emilena murmured to Soren. She was prone on the roof, using a pair of meter-long micronoculars* to spy on the proceedings while her whole person was hidden behind the lip of the roof. "Where's Flora and Rose? Thought they were supposed to be scoping the alleyway itself."

Further down the street, Flora was standing in the wrong part of the street. "Don't come near me," she growled at Rose, arms folded. She had no interest in walking into an alleyway with a sexual predator.

(*Similar to binoculars, but the business end tapers into a thin articulated telescopic lens, allowing the absolute minimum profile exposed to the area being observed)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sorry, Love, but i've already got a hook up for tonight' Rose said ' as a frsh coughing fit forced the setter to her knees as she coughed up blood onto gthe ground. Rose backed awayway slowly then headed over towards Flora " Remember, We're on a stakeout. and I'm supposede to be watching over you anyway, thats what Bailey is paying us for.. the ground.. She  walked a little further then saw a couple tough looking guys approach out of the darkness. Both her mastiffs, with prominwnt scowls on thier faces ' hmm.. lookee here. a couple a fine ladies..' said the smaller one '' you girls interested in a good time/ He leered at Flora.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Axel winced as the pounding music hammered against his eardrums. The gay club was fuller than he would have thought from the outside and the sickly pink overhead lighting, combined with the occasional strobe effect, make it hard to pick out any specific faces in the crowd.

He squinted for a few moments then gave up, shaking his head irritably. "This is impossible. How the hell are we supposed to find anyone? Look at this!" He had to lean in close to Anne for her to hear him above the music. To the side, Axel caught sight of the bar and felt a familiar pang at the back of  his throat. Fuck it, while we're here... He nudged Anne. "Getting a drink. Want something?" he asked, sidestepping an asian woman and stopping at the counter.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Soren saw two thugs approaching Flora. The directional microphone in his compnoculars let him hear what was being said from the two thugs. Seeing as they were garden variety sexual predators, he continued looking around. He discreetly radioed Rose. "Rose! What the fuck are you doing!? You're supposed to be on watch! Get Flora and go back to your post!"

-----------------

Aaron looked around with his own compnoculars. He watched as Marcus stood on the street corner and an intoxicated man stumbled past him. He looked around. No sign of their target.

-----------------

Anne blew some air through her nostrils. "Just get me a Screaming Orgasm," she said offhandedly as she looked around for their target. Not only was the smoky atmosphere and obnoxious lighting making it hard to make out faces, the gyrations of the patrons on the dance floor made it hard to single a person out.

Not to mention, her horn was giving her a mild headache from the DJ station's electronic interference. Even worse was she could hear assorted lewd thoughts from the unsecured electronic communications implants that it seemed a surprisingly large amount of patrons had.

She considered shutting her implant off but she knew that if Axel was in trouble, he wouldn't be able to signal her using his phone.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm going over to get her Soren! keep your wig on! Girl hasnt exactly been friendly to me lately, you know.' ROse Replied.. as she headed over the thugs ' sorry bOys, but my.. sister and I Are just here to dance, not cavort." Listen Sweet Stuff, We're here to have a good time too.. We came to score some off a chick, and your.. eh heh. sister.. will do just fine..
_ OH CRAP" Rose's widened' run Flora! She shouted. Go In the Club! She barked.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Flora said nothing, merely waited for Rose to tell them off. The older woman had said repeatedly that she'd take care of things, so presumably she'd be able to handle this.

Then Rose completely freaked out, startling both Flora and the men accosting them. Taking the cue, Flora bolted for the club, drawing as much attention to herself as possible from the other pedestrians in the area.

Emilena drew her silenced sidearm. "Crap, there's no way I'd land a shot from up here..." she muttered after weighing her options. "Not to mebtion we're supposed to be goddamn stealthy. Those jokers are going to blow our cover out of the water..."

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Marcus swore under his breath as Rose's sudden outburst visibly drew the eyes of several bystanders. "Fuck... Echo, don't shoot. It'd just attract more attention," he hissed, his stomach knotting.

-------------------------------------------------

Axel leaned on the bar counter, the itch at the back of his throat becoming more insistent now that a drink was so close at hand. "One vodka lemonade..." He trailed off as the bartender, a bored looking alsatian held up a hand. Hang on. The bartender finished wiping off a glass then moved closer to Axel. "Yeah?"

"Double tequila," the rat said, raising his voice. "And, ah, a Screaming Orgasm." The bartender nodded, turning around and reaching for one of the bottles fixed on the wall behind him.

"I bet you've given a few of them..." The scratchy voice came from directly next to Axel.

"Huh?" Axel turned his head, fixing his eyes on the patron stting next to him.

"I said, you're probably no stranger to giving a screaming orgasm or two, hmn?"

"Ah... I think you..." Axel's voice caught in his throat as the man speaking turned to face him. Eyes pinched close together, scrunched up face... Fucking hell... it's Metheun... The man's small eyes were fixed on him intently. Axel felt a chill run along his spine.

Metheun's eye's fixed on something over Axel's shoulder, as someone burst into the club with a clatter. Axel just about heard the noise over the club's music, but he was too preoccupied with trying to alert Anne. The rat tried to catch her eye discretely, without alerting Metheun, but with the strobe lighting he couldn't tell if he was successful. "I..."

"Sorry, one moment." Metheun held up a finger, bringing up his cell phone and speaking into it for a few seconds. After he'd finished speaking a few quiet words, he hung up and turned his attention back to Axel. "So. I haven't seen you here before. New in town?"

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"The fuck!?" Soren said a little too loudly as he saw the whole scene. By now, a bunch of bystanders were watching the whole debacle unfold. He rubbed his forehead with a hand. He sorely regretted bringing Flora along. First, there was her eating ramen at Black's house (from what Emilena had told him) and now this.

Of course, Rose wasn't helping matters either.

---------------------

Aaron watched the whole debacle. He smiled. Perhaps there was a way to salvage this. "Marcus," he radioed. "Perhaps attention is what we want. If those two cause a shitshow, everyone will be paying attention to them. And then we can grab the target."

It was something he learned from his years as a construction worker in the roughest parts of Lanthae. A fight or a gory accident always attracted attention. Hell, it was a common scam he had participated in once: fake an accident or a fight on the construction  site and someone pretending to be a bystander would lift information from whatever unsecured electronic device was around them.

---------------------

Unfortunately, for Axel, Anne was busy scanning the dance floor for the target. The hammering industrial rock made it hard for her to concentrate and the dancing lights and lasers blurred everyone's faces.

"Axel," she said. "Where are you?" she asked. Two factors nagged her: one, Axel might be in danger. Two: she wanted her cocktail.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Rose noticed a number of people were coming out of the club to see what the commotion was..  She saw the two  guys who had botheed her turn and run back down the alley, Then she felt a strong grip on the back on her neck. She turned her head and a huge boxer, clearly one of the clubs bouncers, glared at her '  you! stop your screaming! we dont want the cops nosing around here any more than they already do. Now, get inside! he said turning and cafrrying rose into the club.' The bouncer  threw Rose down none to gently into an open booth, the loud music making a constant barrage on Roses ears " stay there until wecalm the street down after your little outburst.>"
 Marita called  Soren's Phone " Hey Soren> i'm hooked into the strib clubs security cameras. Our target is inside, currently  sitting near the bar. Sorry about rose, the bouncer just dragged her inside, likely thinks shes drunk or stoned. OR both. It could all be an act on the old girls part too, she did do amateur theaters in college. So I see three options for us nicking him out of there- Indecent Proposal. Tuck and Curl. And Dine and Dash. Which one sounds best to you?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Flora looked around, now completely alone in the middle of a crowd of drunk strangers. Luckily, this was an environment she was far more comfortable with, and she quickly settled into the role of a disinterested socialite, one too self-absorbed to bother talking to.

Emilena sighed. "Well, I don't hear screams, so maybe things simmered down. I just hope Axel and the pony are getting their job done."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Soren pondered the information. He had already been alerted to the codes.

"Indecent Proposal" referred to seducing Methuen.

"Tuck and Curl" referred to getting Methuen drunk or intoxicated and then "escorting" him home.

"Dine and Dash" referred to causing a spectacle and then grabbing Metheun and running for it.

Soren held a hand to his chin. Anne and Axel couldn't seduce anything to save their lives. Granted, it was the most effective way but he had to hope that Metheun was freeware and came here for a quick fuck in addition to meeting his contact. And that didn't seem like the case.

That ruled out "Indecent Proposal".

"Tuck and Curl" sounded like a decent option given Anne's ridiculous alcohol and drug tolerance. But there was a very good chance that Metheun was savvy enough to not be drugged and then taken for a ride.

He watched the bouncers outside Dobson's Alley try to disperse the large crowd that had gathered outside the gay bar. He adjusted his compnoculars and noticed the two shady characters who had went after Rose and Flora fighting with each other. Through his directional microphone, he noticed the fight had begun over who got to screw whom. He chuckled.

He held the phone to his mouth. "Gotcha. Dine and dash sounds like the best choice. I mean, those two thugs are already fighting each other over who gets to fuck Flora and Rose."

He then decided to relay the info to Axel and Anne. He tapped out a quick message on his smartphone: Look near the bar. The meaning was implied.

------------------

Anne was too busy looking for the target to notice her phone ring. That and the music drowned it out.

It was then she got bumped by a lean Vulpine. The Vulpine's arms shimmered softly with blue lights that seemed to dance in time to the music. She took a drag from her electronic cigarette and batted her eyelashes at the mare.

"So hot stuff," she said in a silky-smooth contralto. "You look like a fine young filly. Would you be interested in tonight's circuit jerk in D'Arco?"

"Sorry, I got plans for tonight." She walked back to the bar, trying to find Axel.

(OOC - "freeware" - a promiscuous man or woman.)
(OOC - "circuit jerk" - an orgy with Augment participants.)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Rose is altready inside, the bouncer already tossed her ion there... Someone needs to get Flora inside pronto, Otherwise Bailey wil quite literally have my head for allowing her to get boned by some alley thug" Marita sighed ' i should have volunteered for this mission instead of Rose, but well Whats done is done. We wont be wining any " Stealth awards' for this, but the point is to get the job done.. WE Need that info he;s got and time is off the essence. We Need to know what Black was up to.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Flora was still socializing when a nondescript man bumped into her, excused himself and retreated from the bar counter. At the time, Flora was more concerned with spilling the beer that a gentleman had bought for her.

But seconds later, Flora's eyes were opened. She realized that Rose and Marita were actually the ones protecting her, and she was being foolish by resisting them.

She ran back to Rose and exclaimed "I'm sorry for how I behaved! I should have trusted you all along! I...I think I love you, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you and Marita!" Flinging her arms around the Great Dane, she felt happy tears spill down her face.

It was a surprising turn of events, but stranger things have happened.