The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Blanking the Slate

Serris · 921 · 84981

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No, Bianca said, i've been given orders to make sure you feel  at home." anything she wants, she gets, except phone calls" those were the bosses exact words.  As for the waeaboo kid,whats-His-name? I have no idea where he might be. if I had to guess, I'd say running errands for the boss or his top guys. you're a lot of fun too, Flora, you're aces at this game, I don't think I beat you in score in any of the main levels or co - op battles. Miss Gangsta, indeed ' She chuckled. Is this the only game you have? if we have others we could play them" She stretched from her position on the sofa.
_
Marita nodded to Emilena. ' I'm ready to go. I have the shutdown program ready to install, we just need Soren to get here with a junk able computer that we can use and then ' burn'
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
(Bar)

Anne finished off her beer and swiped her credit chit on the reader. "It's something I can't go into details about. You know how it is with these info broker types." She got up and stretched, her joints cracking as she did so. "Regardless, I got her info handy just in case." Of course, she wisely left out the part that she did occasionally get involved with Marion's escapades.

"Anyways, we should find the others," she began to walk out of the bar and into the clear streets of Seryet City. Or at least as clear as possible given that a light drizzle was starting to fall.

----------------------------

(Seryet City Streets)

Meanwhile Soren was browsing through the racks of an Aurem Electronics store. The store itself smelled like cigarette smoke and burnt electronics. Inside the store were racks and bins filled with everything from laptops to cell phones of questionable origin. A large Nile Crocodile dressed in beat up jeans and a denim biker vest entered the store. He didn't seem to notice as he pushed aside a weedy looking and filthy Gecko who was had plastic bag full of discarded USB sticks.

"Ah Gustave," the clerk said as she laid eyes on the burly crocodilian. It was pretty clear that this man was a regular customer. "Got some fresh loot?"

The Nile Croc merely grunted and placed a laptop on the countertop. He opened it and gently pressed the power button with a clawed finger. It soon booted up flawlessly.

Soren looked at the computer as he browsed the racks. It was clearly a high-end one...probably stolen. Instead, he settled on a laptop with some...suspicious stains on the keyboard. As he gently closed it and stood in line to pay for it, he tried hard not to think what actions may have transpired over said keyboard.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Of course, hush-hush, better off not knowing. Thanks for the drink" Marie said ' Would be nice if the others  could call us.. then again given the Purifiers paranoia, calling would not be a good idea- it would be traced- and well those guys arent the nicest anyway." Marie said. Any idea where they might be. The battery on my phone is pretty much dead, I did to find some place that sells charge cablkes so I can recharge it."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Before long, Emilena had finished checking out, and returned to the room. "Is everything in order?" she asked, noticing the bedside clock read 11:57. "In three minutes, they're gonna be charging us extra for leaving the room after checkout."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm all set." Marita said. "Let's scram, she said, tucking her computer under her arm. So where are we headed first?' She asked Emilena. 'Then again, any place is better than here."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"The Durwent District, as soon as Soren's back with the car," Emilena replied. "We don't exactly have time for sightseeing."

She glanced out the window at the street, just in case Soren was on his way back. When she didn't see him, she decided she probably had time for...something. An idea she’d had downstairs, and not a good one. "I'm gonna take a quick shower. Knock on the door if Soren gets back before I'm out."

Once she had the privacy of a locked door, Emilena removed her clothes and observed the freshly-healed cuts and scars across her body. There were even more than before. What the hell was Lily up to? They seemed to mostly be restricted to her arms and upper body, which was thankfully covered up by her long-sleeved khaki shirt. This fabric isn't thick enough to fully mask an open wound on my arm... Emilena pondered where best on her body to test her theory. ...hopefully Lily keeps an eye on her legs too.

Slipping a disposable hotel razor out of her jeans pocket, Emilena snapped the plastic tip and pried the blade out. Taking a deep breath and biting her tongue, she sat on the shower floor and carved four deep straight cuts in her thigh. Two simple letters.

H I

Staggering to her feet, she turned the shower on maximum coldness to try and quickly stem the bleeding.

“Ummm, there were a few others, but they weren’t really my type.” Flora switched to the offline menu. “It’s just the stuff that comes for free with the PlayStation. Scarlet Glove is the time-in to that shitty movie last year, Fortland is a farming game, and...” she blinked when she saw the last name on the list. “Huh, I guess World of Dance might be playable for you. I had trouble with the motion sensors not tracking fuchsia skin...”
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 05:21:44 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"world of Dance" sound like fun " Bianca said ' what Is "Scarlet Glove" About? it might be fun to play if only for laughs at the bd story, graphics and weapons.  You want a REALLY bad game ' Guns Vs Planes ' Its about a bank robber trying to get away with a big bank heist, and he's being chased by cops in planes and helicopters. your job.. shoot down the planes.' Bianca laughed.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Marita was typing in ' treatment for Achylsalts" into her computer and  a smile broke out on her face ' as some results popped up  ' Well guys, we just may have gotten lucky!. Theres treatment for what the creep Buller gave us" She said. " Polyethlene Glycol and Naltrexone are drugs used to purge the body of drugs, poisons, and bile buildup. Used mainly for bad drug overdoses, opiods and the like. There is a catch, however. You can only get those drugs from a hospital, they dont sell them over the counter." She finished, before  looking at the others. '

So ee'll need to "Help' ourselves to some , enough to treat the four of us that Buller drugged, as well as having some in reserve, in case they try to poison any more of us. We'll need to find a hospital that has it, and  find a way to get a hold of some.. Some disguises might be in order. " She finished . Marie made a face ' so basically, we go to the nearest hospital and  what? Bluff ourselves into  some PlyGlycol stuff?

" Polyethelene Glycol, Marie. Well, actually there's a spray version, called Evzio. Its quicker than an injection. " Marita said. " however we get it, we need to get it within the next 43 hours, or the  compounds will turn toxic.  And then we're royally screwed. "  She looked around at the large  table at which they were all seated , at a back alley coffee shop that served coffee that was somehow both watery and clumpy " So, Anyone have any ideas on where to start looking?"
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 01:33:31 AM by Nick22 »
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Picking up his plastic coffee cup, Axel took a tentative sip, grimacing as the lukewarm liquid coated his throat with grounds. "Well, we can't exactly risk heading back to Peace Hospital." He considered, then pushed his coffee across the table with a grimace. "43 hours... so we'll need to act fast. And we need somewhere close." As Axel settled back in the booth, the Purifier's knife he'd pocketed from the hospital dug uncomfortably into his spine, a painful reminder of the additional pressures they were under.

He drummed his fingers thoughtfully on the table's surface. "You know... there is a smaller hospital near where I live. Doctors there barely give a shit about patients and the security's not worth crap so getting our hands on this polyethylene glyco-whatever shouldn't be too hard. Place called Darwin's Hope." Axel shrugged and looked around at the others. "I knew a guy who used to score, ah... supplies there. Could be worth a shot."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"If these hospitals have the same policies as Lanthae General, we'd be fools not to hit them," Emilena agreed. "I stabbed a doctor to death with a scalpel twice and they still gave me lifesaving surgery."

"...Seriously, what's wrong with you?"

Emilena ignored her teammate's comment. "The real question is what happens after that. Much as I'd like to just disappear off the grid, Soren and I pulled every trick in the book and Buller found us in less than a month." She sighed. "Things have changed a lot since Rhaegson gave us those initial offers, we have no proof they're even still on the table. If we manage to find what the Purifiers are looking for, we might not want to hand it over willy-nilly, and we might want a backup plan for when our usefulness finally runs out."

--------------------------------------

Flora nodded, even though that wasn't much of a reply to Bianca's question. She was beginning to realize that Bianca seemed to be trusting her, and she might be able to glean more info on her situation, but she had to approach such a topic of conversation carefully. "Speaking of the boss, he said he was gonna meet with me after all this is over, but I haven't seen him since that first night." She yawned. "That was like a month ago, I don't think the Purifiers are coming. When's the last time you heard back from Coxon? Or do you report to somebody else?"

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Soren stumbled into the coffee shop. The stink of auto-cig smoke and stale coffee briefly sent him coughing. A few rough looking individuals looked at him but then went back to their drinks. He looked around for his companions and spotted them in the back of the coffeehouse next to a fake plant that looked like someone had stubbed out cigarettes on its leaves.

"Right," he said, lowering his voice to a whisper. "I got our burner computer." He placed it on the table and opened it up, revealing the stained keyboard. He rubbed the back of his neck. "Uh, pay no attention to the stains," he added.

The Human then looked around the group. "So what's on the agenda today?" he asked.

Anne rubbed her horn. "Trying to get out the shit that Buller put in our bodies." She swirled her cup of coffee, the viscous, gritty liquid clinging to the side of the cup like used motor oil. She was used to ingesting some vile substances but even this was too much for her. Had she not been an Equine and lacking a gag reflex, the first sip would have caused her to puke up her lunch. "Goddamn it," she muttered. "This is the nastiest coffee I've had in a while."

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I last heard from Coxon a few days ago' Bianca said ' He told me that my job was to make sure no one harmed you or did anything to you, and if I failed at that , he;d pry out my fingers one by one with a rusty wrench. " she made a face. ' nothing like the threat of  being viciously maimed to keep you focused on the job right? As for the Purifiers, from what very little I've heard of them, They don;t give up easily. So a month isnt long enough for you to be safe, heck a year probably isnt long enough. IF they came after you once, you're probably still on the " Intend to grab" list, but, just spitballing here, they might have other targets in mind before settling scores with you. As For who i answer to, well, I'm basically below everyone, I  have to do as I'm told.  Get them coffee, get them  the tv remote, get them breakfast, that sort of stuff. Pretty much everyone  answers to Coxon, so I'd say Coxon is my ultimate boss, besides the big boss of course.  Why all the questions? Just thinking about stuff to talk about? " Bianca said " Alright, I've told you what I'm here for, lets hear about you. ' Bianca said "Or well, we can keep playing video games. We have world of Dance and the terrible tie-in movie you mentioned. We could play Scarlet Glove if only to laugh at the bad design bad levels and bad voice acting.  So, you have a choice- talk about yourself or go back to video games. "
-
Sorry about the coffee everyone, but this place  isnt exactly 5 star. or even 1 star, for that matter.' Marita said. She turned to the computer Soren had provided, many of the keys had been rubbed down to the point where you could barely see the letters , W, B S X and Z were the only letters that were completely visible.all the others were partially to  completely rubbed off. " well it's not the worst computer I've ever used Soren' She said trying to clean off as many of the stains as she could with  a napkin. " But it will have to do. I wont ask what you had to do to get it. What matters is you got it.  Our first  task will be finding out as much as we can about Darwins Hope , and hitting it Hard. Axel,  see if your friend would be willing to help. If he can get enough Polyethelene glycol  to cure us,  he can hawk whatever extra he gets his hands on. His business, not ours. What matters is getting clean. IF you can get ahold of him, tell him you have a issue that needs his expertise and that theres a time limit on on it. Day and a half to be precise."
-
 Marie spoke up. " Well, we still havent found Rose or Flora,  and  we need to get both of them back . Marita and I  have a LOT of money riding on it, enough to set us all up for the rest of our lives.  We'd be willing to split the creds with you guys, and make sure all of you get roofs over your heads.  Assuming of course  the deals we had with the Purifiers still stands, and after Bullers little science experiment, I have serious doubts about that. It would be safer to assume the deals are no longer valid, and go from there. Which means basically we;ll be looking over our shoulders for the rest of our days until we either die or the Purifiers finally  kill us. Cheery thought that.  Times like this, I wish I was back  at the Black Sheep. Sure there was drugs,  the pay was lousy, and the lights often went out  but the worst could happen to you there  was being pulled on stage and french kissed by a drugged-out  female llama. Here, well we could get brutally executed. " Marie said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Flora turned a slightly lighter shade of fuchsia. "Um, me? I'm...a terrorist," she said lamely, trying to come up with any answer other than 'millionaire pop star on the run' and picking, in hindsight, the worst possible one. "I... really hated the government, and wanted to burn it down. And take it over for the Purifiers." That's what they were fighting for, right? "Before that I just lived in the projects, nothing special. Not much to talk about, really."

She wasn't sure why she was lying to the only nice person she'd met in this whole ordeal; to be honest she just didn't want to lose the closest thing she'd found to a friend. Bianca was the first person Flora had encountered who seemed to lack either the will or even ability to ruthlessly dispatch her without another thought.  "To be honest, I'm a bit video-gamed out. Could we go somewhere? Maybe see a movie at the mall, girl's night out." I mean, it's worth a shot...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
A Terrorist? Literally,  a terrorist?' Bianca sighed " Great, the only person here who doesn't boss me around, blows up buildings for kicks. Bianca,  Why did you not answer the Ad that said " Extras for Sunset Speed? " Bianca wiped her brow with her paw. 'I'd need to get permission for you to leave here, Even to run to the nearest French fry place. We're talking from Corxon himself here. If we left without permission and got caught, well, um. me getting "fired" would be the least they'd do to me. Try, Bullet to the back of the head, execution style." Bianca shuddered. Tell you what, you tell me  what you want to eat, and I'll go on a run for it. burgers, Fries, Shakes, Maybe Ice cream if I can get back quick enough so its not completely melted." Bianca said " So what would you like? ' She offered.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A chuckle came from the darkest corner of the diner. "You? make it past hospital security? Please... don't make me laugh." 

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Anne nodded. "I'll see if I can get a hold of Marion," she added.

When the chuckle came from the corner of the diner, her ears immediately pricked up as adrenaline surged through her body. The Shetland Pony exploded to her feet and her nostrils flared as her ears flattened. She looked around in preparation for an attack.

Soren fought the urge to pull out his gun. He'd wait to see what would happen next as he figured whipping out his pistol might cause problems. Even in a shithole like this, gunfighting was not an acceptable activity. Even so, he kept his hand near his pistol.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Out from the shadows came a human wearing a trench coat. "I couldn't help but overhear your conversation." He looked like he'd had heavy augmentation. "Did you even stop to think that security at the hospital would've been increased because of what happened at Lanthae?" The human took a seat across from the group. "I'm also hunting for those responsible for Lanthae's destruction, but I could help you get the antidote you need... for a price."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Emilena wished beyond anything that she had a gun. "Who let the gearhead in? Almaya, is this your doing?" she growled.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
On hearing the chuckle and approaching footsteps, Axel sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose. "Goddammit. What is it about us that assholes find so irresistible?" The rat folded his arms and stared as the guy sat down, his eyes flickering red as he scanned the human's upgrades.

He gulped.

Jesus, this guy isn't messing around...

Axel surreptitiously whispered out of the corner of his mouth to Emilena. "I don't like this. He's packing some serious gear in him..."

Clearing his throat, he raised his voice to address the stranger. "Hey, um... guy? I don't know what you think you heard, but me and my friends here are just chilling, enjoying this, er, amazing coffee. We don't know what you're talking about. So how about you get back to, like, stalking chicks or whatever it is you do, and we can get back to our thing, alright?" Axel jerked his thumb to indicate Anne's bulk, his metallic hand reflecting blue from the neon light above the counter. "My friend here might look like a delicate flower, but she packs one motherfucker of a punch," he warned.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
 Marita turned to look  the newcomer ' Three things. Its rude to eavesdrop on people, for one. two, NEVER underestimate what people are capable of. Look at General Custer. Underestimated Crazy Horse, got slaughtered as a result. And Three, don't be an asshole. We dont know you from Adam, nor do you know us  .  " She  took a look at him, noticing the heavy Augmentation . ' as for security at hospitals , you'd have to be an utter moron not to think its been tightened up significantly. We KNOW its been tightened. Significantly. " She sighed.

"Now, normally, first meetings warrant introductions. Name, occupation, things of that nature. We'll start with that.  That, and  precisely how you are able to get your hands on Polyethlene Glycol?  its usually only available at hospitals, at least the good quality  drugs are . There's street stuff but its so diluted and frankly mixed with so much other stuff that its effectiveness is basically zilch.  '  Marita said. " Lets start with your name first.  What is it, and what did you do in Lanthae? "
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: