The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT 9 weeeee

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Hmm... I haven't read your story... but I guess it depends on how the film writer wants to show Chomper, maybe if they do a lbt where Littlefoot, Chomper and the rest grow up.. I guess they had to deal with the situation in another way, since Chimper as a full grown carnivore will probably stop looking at Littlefoot as a friend but more as a meal, it's hard to say who's the good guy and the bad in a predator prey relation, but it all comes down to the aim of the Land Before Time series that is children, and they don't normally think so much about this.. maybe if they do a more teenage targeted lbt, I know some people wouldn't like it, but it would bring other types of groups to get interested in the lbt movies...
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I really don't think they would really have to let the kids grow up (an idea which I oppose unlike many others) to make a story about this. Obviously (LBT 5 quote) Chomper is old enough to eat longneck meat, so the problem we are talking about is nothing that might happen in a remote, distant future, but could happen "right now". If Chomper is in the company with of his herbivore friends for a while he doesn't even have to develop any kind of desire to eat any of them (if Chomper is half as sensitive I suspect him to be he'd rather starve than even thinking of that) but just has to go for some kind of meal to caus conflict. I mean would his friends "tolerate" his meals?
I think they were beating the bush to a certain degree so far, and I do agree that it is a very tough topic for LBT. Still I wonder if it is a matter that couldn't be dealt with.

Bruton the Iguanodon

LBT 9 was really beautiful! I consider it definitely the best of the recent sequels. The music (especially "No one has to be alone") was very beautiful too, and there were scenes that actually made me almost cry!
Did you realize that there were several scenes very similar to scenes in LBT 1? I doubt this was mere coincidence.

You're completely right on that note! Sure, the animation wasn't great at times and most of the songs (particularly "Imaginary Friend") stunk, but it did have a lot of good moments, and yes, there were some similarities to movie 1...which makes me think LBT 9 may have originally been meant to be the series finale---I mean, the end of it all!

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah the animation I never liked. It was blinding at times and the movie sucked a lot but it was still good. The songs where okay not great.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Personally I found the animation in LBT 9 not too bad at all. There is this photorealistic water and skys, but somehow I found they did a much better job in blending it in with the whole picture than they did in other movies. We did not have the overly artificial looking CGIs which we had for example in the opening of LBT 7, we did not have any of that stupid looking effects of the most recent LBT movies where the floor under the feed of the running characters is just moving through under them with them seemingly detached from it (we had that among other in LBT 10 and 13), and in this movie Charles Grosvenor did not come up with any of the exaggerated color changes in case of danger (everything turning red) which I always disliked about his movies.
Altogether LBT 9 would get good marks for animation from my end.
But that's a matter of opinion of course.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Like Mars Girl said I hated the mixture of CGI and regular animated mixed. It was nice at times but awful as well.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Did you realize that there were several scenes very similar to scenes in LBT 1? I doubt this was mere coincidence

Because of this, I think...LBT 9 was originally intended to be the end. Of it all! I'm serious! Well, it is to me---it was the last one to use James Horner's old score, the last one that was truly beautiful, and the last one I saw during the days I was interested in it as a kid! There may have been a 10-13 and a cheap tv series, but in my opinion, LBT really ended with "Journey to Big Water".  ;)

Things I really liked about 9:

Mo!!!!!!!

The similarities to 1

Returning to Big Water

"No one has to be alone"

The scene in the lake with the Liioplreudon. Felt like something out of a different film entirely, and shows these films could be darker

The whole ending.  ;)