The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Should 9 have been the end?

Guest · 7 · 1015

Bruton the Iguanodon

AS bad as 9 was at times (need i mention "Imaginary Friend"?) it also had some truly beautiful moments and some interesting paralels to movie 1. It actually the best LBT film we'd gotten in  years, which, if you think about it, is kind of sad. I'd even rate it above 5, making it my 5th favorite film in the series, the first four being in the top 4. The ending was the most beautiful. As I watch the characters going home, retunrning to the great valley, and reuniting with their parents, I feel this was...at the time it was made...meant to be the end. Even the last lines, about the kids knowing this adventure was over but there would be more to come, can  give any long time fan the realization that, although this is over, there are lots more movies waiting for us to be watched. That, and 9...makred the end of an era for me. It was the last LBT film I really watched, although we did rent 10 I didn't watch too much of it. 9 would have been a beautiful ending to LBT, contrasting to the god awful 13. The fact that it's also the last movie to use Horner's score is also a sign that it was...well, maybe not the end of lLBT entirely, but the end of something. But this is just me. What do you think?

P.S. Oh, and they introduced Littlefoot's father waaaayyyy too late, so I don't care if 10 goes! Or 11! And most definitely i wouldn't mind 13 going. The only one i'd sort of miss would be 12but i could forgive that.

Bruton the Iguanodon

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I don't really see why movie 9 deserves to be the last LBT sequel. To me, there was really nothing special enough about it that made me think "This would be an awesome conclusion!" It was no different than the past movies. Sure the plot is different, but the formula, at least for me, was pretty much the same. There was no "conclusion" feeling anywhere in the movie.

If I had to choose a sequel to be the end, it would be LBT 5 because that was the last LBT sequel I saw before I started to lose some interest in LBT.

To be honest, I truly think that LBT would have done a lot better financially if they had stopped the sequels at 4 or 5 and then did a television series right afterwards, using the plots of the other LBT sequels as TV plots instead, maybe even some 2 parters if need be.

The LBT craze was at its peak in the mid 90s, so this would have been a great time to do a TV series.

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
I think that LBT writers had this in mind of the last sequel, but soon changed it to something else...something like movie 13.  I don't know what gave them the motive to do LBT 13 as the last or to do it at all, but movie 9 still had elements ready for a new sequel.  I mean in your context, LBT 5 should have been the last since the kids reunite after their valley was destroyed.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Well, I still feel strongly this way about LBT 9. For some reason some people seem to think 10 would work better, and that's OK, but 9 was the end of LBT canon for me. 10-13 and the tv series are the nothing more then the horrid nightmare they were.

Peace out.

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Mar 27 2012 on  09:50 AM
Well, I still feel strongly this way about LBT 9. For some reason some people seem to think 10 would work better, and that's OK, but 9 was the end of LBT canon for me. 10-13 and the tv series are the nothing more then the horrid nightmare they were.

Peace out.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Horrid nightmare?

Um...no. No they weren't nightmares, Bruton. They are canon and they did happen and nothing you say or do will change that. If you don't like them fine. But you will get absolutely nothing from denying that they are canon. The best thing for you to do is just accept that they are part of LBT, accept that LBT9 is not the end, but that doesn't mean you have to like LBT 10-13 or the TV series.

I like Ben 10. I don't like Ben 10 Alien Force or Ultimate Alien. I like Cyberchase seasons 1-5. I don't like Cyberchase's seasons after that. But do I deny their existence? Do I try to see them nothing more than "nightmares" suffered by the main characters? Do I continue to complain about them as if those shows were something sacred?

No, I don't, because I know complaining about them will not solve anything. You will get no benefit from continuing to deny that LBT10-13+TV series are canon. LBT did not end with 9, no matter what you say. You can say that LBT9 was the last LBT movie that you liked. But you cannot say that it was the end of LBT, because it was not.