The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Why didn't Grandma and Grandpa Longneck help

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok, they were SO nearby.  I mean, you could actually see them nearby in the Great Earthshake.  If their daughter heard Sharptooth and they were with her, where the heck did they go?  

Did Sharptooth have an accomplice to distract them?  Where did they go?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
It's possible that they were unaware. I have doubts they heard the fight to begin with. Littlefoot's mother likely woke up, realized her son was missing, and went out to look for him. Littlefoot did in fact wander away quite far. In his own words, he said "why did I have to stray so far from home?" Or something along those lines.

The grandparents are seen in the earthquake yes, but that didn't mean they could do anything to help. Chances are, they were asleep while their daughter left, and when they woke up to find her, it was too late and the earthquake happened. They couldn't make it over in time and thus were separated. There was no way they could cross that canyon.

I have doubts that they were distracted by anything. I think the most logical conclusion is that Littlefoot went too far, his mom followed, not waking her parents, her parents wake up and find that she is gone, by the time they get anywhere near where their missing family members had one, the earthquake started and split the land, separating them.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
If only she had woken them, but, then again, that would have spurred my LBT disaster timeline where the other members of the Gang of Five would have died, etc.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I've heard people here talk about this before...I know, it's strange. It's almost like the grandparents were kept out of the picture as much as possible. I don't see why they couldn't have just had Momma Longneck say they lived there and were going to meet them.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon (again),Jan 30 2015 on  01:25 AM
I don't see why they couldn't have just had Momma Longneck say they lived there and were going to meet them.
Could you explain this? I'm confused. Did you mean "She could have told the grandparents where she was going"?

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes.  Or gotten their help.  (I mean, if they had come, they coulda OWNED Sharptooth.)  

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jan 30 2015 on  02:07 PM
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon (again),Jan 30 2015 on  01:25 AM
I don't see why they couldn't have just had Momma Longneck say they lived there and were going to meet them.
Could you explain this? I'm confused. Did you mean "She could have told the grandparents where she was going"?
OK, I should have been clearer...I meant the writers could have simply kept the grandparents as living in the valley the whole time, and have Momma Longneck tell Littlefoot he would meet them there.

"Yes.  Or gotten their help.  (I mean, if they had come, they coulda OWNED Sharptooth.)"

Funny you say that. That "two from the past" fanfic I read a lifetime ago had them, Bron, Ali's mother and Doc all fighting him, and it took all five of them to bring him down. Oh, and only Doc and Ali's mom got away uninjured.

Yeah, it was a pretty cool fanfic. :smile