Beyond the Mysterious Beyond > Silver Screen

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

(1/1307) > >>

AvestheForumFox:
So before you go "But Fox, why My Little Pony? its so giiiirly!" please watch these two music videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o3TTuGrYuQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJhWrqI6Qvk

Now that your minds have been blown, let me explain...
For those who have been living under a rock (much like myself up until a few nights ago) this brand new cartoon primiered months ago and due to its brilliant style in art and storytelling it has spawned a massive fanbase of all ages and genders.

Even the likes of 4chan celebrates this show as something spectacular (just use googleimage and look up the show for a huge gallery of memes and funny pictures created for teh lulz and of course 'pony love')

When I first heard about it, I thought the forum thread that I was reading was some kind of sick troll thread, but alas, I was wrong! And thusly I was gradually converted into what is called a broney (bro+pony=brony)

The first video above was my first introduction to the cartoon and after I had seen it I felt the need to see more of it.. I was.. hooked... Of all things, I never expected to become a fan of such a thing as My Little Pony (dont worry, Istill prefer to keep my dignity and not buy the toys :p )... but alas, I fell for the trap, and now I feel obligated to spread the word.

Almost every forum I visit on a normal basis has a thread about it (except this one) so indeed, enjoy what you see here!

Animeboye:
Wow...who could've guessed My Little Pony could actually be...epic? Dare I say it? That first video was actually pretty cool! I think I'll watch the second video later(I keep getting an error message).

LBTDiclonius:
...wow.

My one word for that is...epic. Who would've thought that My Little Pony could be so...enjoyable. After I saw this I wanted to see what the episodes were like and I've watched the first one and so far it's great.

AvestheForumFox:
If you need more convincing:

Dr. Whooves has the answers.

DarkHououmon:
I'm familiar with this show. The show's creator, Lauren Faust, is responsible for The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends. I've seen some episodes and I do like this show. Lauren Faust created a MLP that is still intended for girls, but it isn't watered down like some girl shows tend to be (such as the CGI MLP released years back). Instead, she offers a girls' show that still has conflict, adventure, peril, etc.

One of my favorite characters is Rarity. She is obsessed with fashion and is a designer herself. But she isn't an airhead or self-centered. She is actually quite generous and does care about her friends. In the second episode, she cuts off her own tail and puts it on a sea serpent (whose mustache was hacked off) so he would feel better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version