The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My Thoughts on Metroid Fusion

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, I recently beat Metroid Fusion for the very first time.  So, what do I think of it?

I will admit, it was a really good game.  It's solidly made.  Also, I felt a real fear of the SA-X.  I mean, I understand that the thing was programmed to only appear at certain times in the game, but the very mindset they put you in, where you have something powerful hunting you, that it could kill you if it finds you, was pretty scary the first time around.  I loved this concept and I enjoyed the story quite a bit.

However, I will say this...

F*** Nightmare!  Seriously, this boss gave me a lot of trouble.  Even though I figured out that he tries to follow you so he can cause massive damage with his body ramming into you, he was very difficult.  I consider myself lucky defeating him.  I must have tried 3 dozen times before finally beating him.  He's THE reason I'm not going to play this game again.

Sorry!  I know it's a good game.  However, he's just a guy I don't want to face again.

At least, not this version of him.  Here's hoping a future remake of this game will make him easier to beat.

So yeah, great game, but there's just one boss I'm not going back to it for.

See ya later! :wave

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
So that's where the Nightmare 1% comment came from in the other topic :lol

I agree with the concept of the SA-X. I remember being quite terrified going through the game. Unfortunately I felt like the final battle with it was pretty underwhelming, especially when you learn to cheese it. Fire Charge beam -> full hop spin flip behind it ->turn around charge beam. Repeat until dead.

While I enjoyed the story as well, the strict linearity it imposes can be frustrating. I tend to enjoy the more open nature of Super Metroid and Zero Mission myself.

Practically everyone has a large amount of difficulty with Nightmare there first go around. He becomes much easier when you figure out how to get him into a circular pattern when he's trying to ram you. After enough practice you can even start firing charged plasma beams at his face as he moves around (which is almost necessary to shorten the time for 1% encounter). The main problem when he starts to charge you is whether he starts out clockwise or counter clockwise. Sometimes he decides to switch it up and usually always results in a death on 1%.

If you haven't played Other M yet the game does have some neat connect-the-dots from Super to Fusion. It's one of the weaker Metroid games but I still enjoyed playing it.

The thing I like best with this game is that it added the shinespark puzzles. They put them into Zero Mission as well and I hope they decide to put them in future games after the Speed Booster's exclusion from Samus Returns.