The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Metroid (all)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Talk all about the Metroid franchise here. I am happy to say that Metroid and Super Metroid will be released on the VC on Aug 13 and 20 respectively and Metroid Prime 3 on the 27. Looks like i'm gonna be busy before school. :DD
The source of this information can be found here at ign.com.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
I don't understand why this topic hasn't recieved a single reply yet...  :blink:   Anyways.  I LOVE Metroid.  ^^  I have the original Metroid for my NES and Super Metroid for my SNES.  I also have the first Metroid Prime (just started playing) and Metroid Prime Hunters and I so can't wait for Metroid Prime 3 to come out in a couple weeks!

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Super Metroid is da bomb. That game owns the SNES. I've spent hours on that game playing through it, trying to get all of the items, just messing around, trying to do stange stuff like sequence-break, exploit all of the glitches, etc.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm, well, according to an issue of Gameinformer, Metroid Prime 3 will come out August 21.

GamePro has recently showed off the exclusive cover of Metroid Prime 3.  On it, Samus and her corrupted side are facing away from each other over a planet similar to what you would see if you looked at Earth from space.  My description may be a bit iffy, but it looked quite beautiful.

One thing Retro talked about with GamePro was how much trouble they had making the controls just right.  The art designing was easy compared to the control function.  So, one thing they've decided to do is have you adjust the controls as you wish as you progress through the game and have you choose which button does what.  It is a function that is sorely missed and very much welcome.  They don't have to worry about getting the controls right because we'll get to decide on that. :^.^:

This game is looking more and more promising and I hope it doesn't disappoint us. :)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm, well, according to an issue of Gameinformer, Metroid Prime 3 will come out August 21.
The Metoid Prime 3 Preview that you can download on the Wii says its coming out Aug 28, so i believe that. I have played, beaten and loved every metroid game, excluding Metroid Prime Pinball and my favorite is of coarse Super Metroid, but that might change when Metroid Prime 3 comes out.

I've spent hours on that game playing through it, trying to get all of the items
I've gotten 100% under 3 hours before but every time i try again i always end up missing a missile pack and getting 99%. I can't even count how many hours i've spent playing that game.

Metroid Prime Hunters is a really fun game as well though i don't play online much after i got to Elite Hunter (3 Stars) because of the cheaters who use action replay to become invinsible and then blast you with the omega cannon. It just sucks the fun out of the game, and also lowers your score.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
How can one decide a favorite between Super Metroid and Metroid Prime? A great classic that aged gracefully over time one on hand, and on the other, a game with not only classic Metroid characteristics, but also sweet graphics, 3D modeling, and FPS shootouts with space pirates.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I just downloaded Super Metroid on my Wii this morning and i love it. It reminds me of the old days when i played it on the SNES. I still have to get used to the controls again though, I'm so used playing the game on a keyboard because i've played it on an emulator for over five years. I did surprise myself though that i was able to preform the mockball my first try and get the Super Missiles early.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hahaha, yeah, the mockball is a classic. It made the Spore Spawn battle last about 5 seconds. :lol

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I just finished Super Metroid and got 99% in 2:10. I can't seem to remeber where the last missile pack is, argh.
Hahaha, yeah, the mockball is a classic. It made the Spore Spawn battle last about 5 seconds.
I can literally beat Kraid in Zero Mission in 3 seconds. :lol

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I had to go to a Super Metroid fan site to get that blasted last missile expansion.

Actually, Metroid Zero Mission is mauling me about now. I'm doing a 100% hard mode run. I've gotten all the way to Mecha Ridley, but I can never beat him, and the rare time I do, I can never get to the escape ship.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Actually, Metroid Zero Mission is mauling me about now. I'm doing a 100% hard mode run. I've gotten all the way to Mecha Ridley, but I can never beat him, and the rare time I do, I can never get to the escape ship.
I'm stuck on the same part except that i only have 15% to get the 8th and final ending, though its really tough. I can only take about 2-4 hits from mecha ridley and i don't have the screw attack to destroy the missiles. Not to mention i only have 4 missiles, 2 super missiles and 1 1/2 energy tanks. I've beaten mecha ridley a couple of times, only to be killed by those darn space pirates at the end.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
lol I just found the last missile pack. It was the one where you had to backtrack to Kraids lair with power bombs. I can't believe i forgot about that one. Every time i first enter Kraids lair i remember that i have to come back to get the missiles but it always ends up slipping my mind. Good thing i copied my file at Ridley so i could include it into my last-minute items i get. So my final time was 2:08 with 100%. And to think i was about ready to give up and look through the old nintendo power magazine to see where it was.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Flathead770,Aug 21 2007 on  12:40 AM
lol I just found the last missile pack. It was the one where you had to backtrack to Kraids lair with power bombs. I can't believe i forgot about that one. Every time i first enter Kraids lair i remember that i have to come back to get the missiles but it always ends up slipping my mind. Good thing i copied my file at Ridley so i could include it into my last-minute items i get. So my final time was 2:08 with 100%. And to think i was about ready to give up and look through the old nintendo power magazine to see where it was.
I've heard about those who have done a 100% speed run in just 1:30.  Think you can pull it off? ;)

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I read in Nintendo Power itself that someone completed the game in under 40 minutes (I think it might have been 0:39 or so). They had to have used glitches to have pulled that off.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've heard about those who have done a 100% speed run in just 1:30. Think you can pull it off?
Possibly. But i've been getting around 2:10 with 99% for the last couple of tries, including on an emulator, which is easier fo me to play. I could use start using save states, but i don't consider that fair.

I read in Nintendo Power itself that someone completed the game in under 40 minutes (I think it might have been 0:39 or so). They had to have used glitches to have pulled that off.
Theres a video on you youtube of a guy getting 100% in 55min. Using all the good old glitches like the murder beam and such. I'm fairly sure its a tool-assisted run though. I don't think i will be pulling off 40min on a any% speed run any day soon on Super Metroid. I did however beat Zero Mission on easy in 38min 25sec though. ~40min on mormal, and haven't done a hard speed run yet.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
While were on the topic of Super Metroid, i found some hacks of the game and were wondering if any one wanted to give them a shot. I only know of 2 good hacks of the game.
The first, is called Super Metroid Impossible. As the name suggests, its suppesed to be really hard, or near impossible. The skills needed are as followed (copied from the site):
- Very fast Wall-Jumping skills
- Mid-Air Morph Bomb Jumping and Diagonal Bomb Jumping
- Bomb Jumping with Mid-Air Demorph + Shooting + continuing BJ
- Very flat Mockball or Speed Mockball
- Short Charge (speed booster)
- Very fast reflexes in all different situations
I just beat phantoon on this game and i can say that your going to get no where without savestates. I'll post some pics of me playing in a bit.

The next game is called Super Metroid Redesign and is a complete remake of the game. The physics of the game has been changed and there are 2 new itmes. Every area is also about twice as large. The game is also a bit harder then Super Metroid. For some reason this game does not work on any version of ZSNES that are above and including 1.4. Unfortunatley i have no pics of the game. So if any ones interested, just PM me, email me or whatever and i'll email them to you.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Heres the pictures of Super Metroid Impossible. The pictures are a taste of what the game is like early on and may encourage/discourage you from playing. If you don't want to see the pics then disregard this post.

As you can see you only have 20 seconds to escape and i manage to escape with only .09 seconds left.

The bosses are also a lot tougher. See the spikes on the floor? They do 60/99 energy.

Heres some bomb jumping pics, the last pic looks pretty fun doesn't it?

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Has anyone tried Metroid Prime 3 yet? I got the game about 5 days ago and i can tell you that the game is amazing. I haven't been able to put the game down so thats why i haven't been on the board lately. So, if you have the game, what are your impressions on it so far? Or ask if you need any help as i'd probably know what to do since i've beaten the game already.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I haven't played it yet. I'm currently playing Metroid Prime 2, and I don't plan on starting Metroid Prime 3 until I'm finished with Metroid Prime 2.