The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Super Metroid: Hyper Beam Project

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Anyone who has beaten Super Metroid has probably wished that they could go through the entire game with the Hyper Beam. If not, then it was probably just me that thought that. Anyway, this project is a manifestation of that childhood dream i had (thanks to SMILE (Super Metroid Integrated Level Editor)). Basically, its a video of me fighting all the bosses, excluding Torizo with the hyper beam. I've also timed how long it takes to beat each boss, with the timer starting as soon as the door closes, up until as soon as the boss dies.

For those of you that don't know or know very little about Super Metroid and are interested in watching. The Hyper Beam is only obtainable in the last 4-5 minutes of the game because it can only obtained when fighting the last boss. As the name suggests, its the most powerful weapon in the game and can rip apart almost anything in seconds.

Heres the video. Be patient, as its almost 11 minutes long! Hope you enjoy it.
Super Metroid: Hyper Beam Project

Tell me what you think or what i could do better (Its my first time using Windows Movie Maker).