Beyond the Mysterious Beyond > Attic Treasures

Dinotopia, anyone?

(1/2) > >>

a1iengutz:
Not sure if there's already a thread for this but I feel like dinotopia fans and LBT fans go hand in hand! It really makes me happy when I find recent fandom works for the books. They always enamored me as a kid, even if I didn't understand the words 100% :P . It went to the point where I made my own (much lamer) dinotopia universe and books (which also involved my little LBT figures, coincidentally).
Anyways! I just think it would be really neat to find other dinotopia fans to talk to!  :DD

Almaron:
I think there was one a loooong time ago, but I'm fine with seeing another one! :)
I'm pretty sure I owe my love for this series to the Land Before Time, IIRC...I have a memory of seeing the first book on the shelf at a library I was visiting and deciding to give it a chance because I'd just started rewatching the films, and after seeing those beautiful pictures I was sold!

Still working on building up my collection, though; got all the big picture books (and the impressive pop-up book!) and adult novels, but I don't have all of the young adult works...

a1iengutz:
I wasn't aware there were that many!  :!  My parents bought the first two for me and my sister when we were pretty young, so I guess I never really considered there being more lol
I'll definitely have to look for more of them then!  :DD

RainbowFaceProtege:
I love the Dinotopia books! The worldbuilding in them is just so amazing, you can't help wishing you could live there! :lol I have the four big picture books, and they're all fantastic! I wish the YA novels were still in print--I wouldn't mind collecting them, too, though I'm sure nothing can top the gorgeous illustrations in the main series.

Funny, I actually got into Dinotopia through the TV movies when I was a kid...for a while, I had no idea there were books. :p Nowadays, though, Zippo is pretty much the only aspect of those TV specials that I still like. (I would've rather seen more of him than the human characters, he was practically the only character who had an actual personality!)

RainbowFaceProtege:
By the way, just for future reference, threads like this should go in the "Attic Treasures" board for discussing books. Can't blame you for the mix-up, though. "The Written Word" definitely seems like the more obvious choice, but actually, it's for things you wrote yourself. I don't think it's a big deal, but I'll just tag our friendly neighborhood moderator in case he wants to move this to the other board. @rhombus

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version