Important Announcements > The Welcome Center

Blast from the past

(1/4) > >>

Roady:
I'm not exactly new to this forum.  But I felt it better to create a fresh account.

Given how many years have passed?  It would be nice to reconnect with this community in a way that's more mature and level-headed.  So...Hi everyone. 

Back in the day?  Most of the forum veterans would know me as Tanner, but these days I prefer to be called Roady.  Having grown from a lizard into a big ol' dragon.

Not as hardcore of an LBT fan as I used to be, but I'll still be around some.  Chillin in the fridge probably~

HotelValleyfornia:
Welcome back to the GOF! It's good to see you returning! :rainbowwave I'm a new girl around here, but I've seen some of your past posts and I'm excited to see you around the forum! :Mo

Mumbling:
Whoaaa Tanner! You're one of the few people I tried to reach out to a year or two ago to see how things were going. I see you've kept a similar color style for Roady, very cool. Hope life has treated you well, and good to see you back here :)

Roady:

--- Quote from: Mumbling on April 19, 2022, 08:51:01 PM ---Whoaaa Tanner! You're one of the few people I tried to reach out to a year or two ago to see how things were going. I see you've kept a similar color style for Roady, very cool. Hope life has treated you well, and good to see you back here :)

--- End quote ---

I'm certainly doing better than I was five or six years ago.  Rough patches and bouts of drama haven't stopped, but I at least have the stability to weather the storms.  So to speak.

The shift towards being a dragon happened in 2017.  Symbolic of my ability to pull myself out of harrowing situations after struggling/surviving subject matters that aren't appropriate for a Land Before Time forum.  Homelessness, addiction, C-PTSD, and the like.

However, I can look back now and truly appreciate how far I've come.  In 2016 I was living in a van on a dirty industrial road in Seattle.

Currently?  I own a small house in Springfield, Oregon, I'm an organizer for a regional furry meetup group, and I've been hustling to succeed as an independent filmmaker.

So yeah...All things considered?  It seems life is treating me much, much better.

I'm no longer Tanner the lizard anymore.  No longer crawling on my belly at the bottom of a pit.

I'm Roady the Wayward Dragon, and all I have to do now is spread my wings and fly.

chomper94:
Nice to see you back Roady!

(I know I wasn’t here when you were known as Tanner, but still, welcome back anyway! :D)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version