The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Kung Fu Panda: Rise of the Hollow

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"What is this, a cave of mysterious hermits?" Shen muttered upon hearing the coyote had been in here eleven months. First the toad, now the coyote. What next? A mystery panda who'd stayed in here for 35 years and had escaped his genocide, but was now looking for revenge?

Sighing, the peacock turned around as he launched one of his throwing knives at the rope entangling boss wolf's foot, cutting him down from his awkward position. Viper only smiled and chuckled at his plight, amused by the whole thing.

Rocking his head back as he realized something now, Shen raised a brow. "Uh... you... admired me?" he asked, confused. "And wait... you know the Ling Pei?" he asked Makoto, looking from Makoto to Tuang Jan. "Oh yes... Lord Shen... the peacock who slaughtered countless pandas, razed their village, killed innocents in his own city, and tried to take over all of China. Wonderful role model, I am." the leucistic bird muttered, looking down at the floor now, his face falling a bit here.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Maybe this cave will be renamed Hermit Cave." Chaka said in a humorous tint in his voice.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Makoto walked over to Shen, placing a hand on his shoulder reassuringly.
"Lord Shen, you musn't dwell on the mistakes of the past.  As for me, yes, I do have a great deal of familiarity with the Ling Pei.  When I first arrived here, I was involved in a rather terrible accident, and the Grandmaster took me in, helped me recover...I trained with them for a brief while, and then moved on."
He said with a small sigh, shaking his head.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Huang Yu fell through the hole cut in the rope by Shen and using his walking stick, he balanced on the top of it using his tongue to keep his balance and meditate. Huang Yu thought for a moment after hearing the Shaolin monk give his name and purpose. Yu simply stayed silent and took a moment to mourn the fallen grand master before climbing down from his meditative position and asked, "So you are the one I've been chasing through here. I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever find you."

Monkey swung free of the net and frowned. "Why would they kick you out simply for believing in someone philosophy? It sounds crazy to me."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Sadly some people can be very close minded and either want to kill, or kick out, those who feel or believe different then themselves." Chaka said.  "Sometimes it's based on what species you are." He said, having seen such things repeatedly during his travels.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Tigeress and Po examined athe cave as Shen and the others chatted. po was more interested in the wall markings than anything else.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Tuang Jan frowned. "A massacre? I hadn't known about that bit." he replied, a bit sorrowful. "So why have you come here, prince of Gongmen." he then asked.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Well it's true." Shen said softly, nodding as Makoto told him not to dwell in the past. That was easier said than done, but at least he knew he'd have to try. He'd have to confront that memory at some point. "Anyway..." he said, looking off to the side. "We're heading through the mountains to reach my city. Shadow demons are currently massing near there... and I figured I'd need all the help I could get in combating them. So... I've gone to the Valley of Peace seeking assistance from the Dragon Warrior and the Furious Five... and here we are." he explained. "They're cropping up all over China, but seem to be in greater numbers around Gongmen."

(runner up)
(runner up)

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Shadow demons?" The coyote suddenly gasped. "So that was what I encountered on my way here. All those months ago." He muttered, not caring that the others may have heard.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Shadow Demons?" Chaka said.  "Do you know much about Shadow Demons?" He asked looking at the various speakers.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"You've encountered them as well?" Shen asked, raising his head now.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"That or something similar.  But perhaps we can share what we know so all of us will have better knowledge of how to battle them.  Some may know some things another does not." Chaka said as he continued to stand in a relaxed manner and listened, looking around from time to time to keep alert for danger.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Huang Yu flexed his free hand as he replied, "I usually find that nerve strikes work best. Or chi based attacks if you have the skill."

Monkey scratched his head.
"But we're kung fu masters, not Chi experts. How are the rest of us supposed to fight these things? Or are you going to protect our entire group?" he asked openly.

Huang Yu smiled.
"I could, if I so chose, but I'm sure at least the Dragon Warrior has a few chi based attacks right?" he commented as he looked over to Po.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"You did mention nerve strikes, maybe some can do that if they are unable to do chi based attacks." Chaka said as he looked at Huang Yu.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
((I'll be assuming control of this RP. I'll also post as Po infrequently if Nick is too busy from time to time to do so)).

Po laughed openly at this. "Hahaha! Of course! What are chi based attacks again?" he muttered that last part to Tigress.

"I heard he's capable of performing the Wuxi Finger Hold." Shen commented now.

"Yeah THAT... I can do!" Po nodded, rolling his shoulders a bit and throwing a few jabs to the air.

"Anyway... I think we've wasted enough time here, haven't we?" Shen asked. "I suggest we move on... Gongmen City isn't going to save itself, after all!" he declared. "It looks like the path continues from up here." he pointed with a wing into the darkness ahead. "Let's press on. Also... perhaps it would be informative for those of us who don't know chi based attacks..." the peacock glanced at Po in profile now. "To have them explained to us." he suggested now.

Little did they know... but they were being watched...

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chaka nodded, "Good ideas you have." He said.

((Good, I was hoping someone would take control of the rp. I"m having a lot of fun. :)  )

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Huang Yu nodded in response to Shen's comment. "Yes, moving on should be our most important thing." He then took a moment to think before speaking again. "I can try to explain how chi based attacks work if anyone is interested in hearing about it. It would be nice to share a little information that I've learned."

Monkey chuckled aloud for a moment before asking, "What could a toad know about chi attacks? Can a toad even LEARN kung fu?"

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Very well... I'm curious about them myself." Shen stated, glancing over in Huang Yu's direction. "Show us these attacks, then." he requested.

"Monkey! I think if even a mantis could learn kung fu, a toad certainly could!" Viper pointed out now, shaking her head as she rolled her eyes. "Anyway, apologies, brother toad. Please, continue." Viper said respectfully, bowing her head a tad.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chaka nodded, "I think more can learn martial arts then can't.  Taking into account also certain abilities some species have that others do not. " He said.  He looked at the others, "Showing a few basic attacks may help if they would be needed in the upcoming fight.  He said.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Huang Yu smiled and even chuckled before speaking. "It's alright Master Viper. There can be no offense where there is only confusion." He then takes a moment to set his stick on the wall. "Now as we're all masters of different fighting styles when we practice or meditate we feel the flow of the world around us, and our own peace within ourselves. We can focus and channel that energy into an attack." he then threw his arms forward one after the other with two balls of light being thrown forward, slamming into the ceiling of the cave shinning light for several seconds before fading. "And that is how you use Chi based attacks."

Monkey couldn't help but clap. "I must say, that was impressive. I wonder if I can do that?" he asked aloud.