The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Aves's Vacation

Nick22 · 406 · 24208

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
"Meh yeah.." grumbled Aves  "a treasure hunt. And why we'd need to go on a treasure hunt after I accumulated so much wealth from all that mithril beats me."

After speaking his mind he stopped pulling on the luggage and looked as if in thought as he started to remember something. then followed the audible forehead slap upon realization

"I keep forgetting, I lost all that loot to a 2#$@ game of poker! Augh!"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
you didn't lose all of it. Just 95%' Maue reminded him. "Thats the max you can lose  here.. luckily for us.." Mause had expensive tastes, but she wouldn't mind being frugal for awhile..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Treasure?" Drake's eyes lite up at the word and his tail wagged a bit, threatening to knock a vase over.

"That's why I don't gamble," he commented, squeezing down the hall after the two foxes and glancing around for anyone who might be involved in hotel management.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(ooc: I guess the setting is in a hotel?  Ok, I"ll try to think of some more characters.  Maybe the Tourist & 1-2 others, though ti seems only I like him.)

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Later...

"Is that the last of the luggage?" asked Aves as he wiped sweat from his eyes. He had to load the luggage piece by piece unto the Pearl, and pretty much all by himself as everyone else stood around chattering excitedly about treasure hunts and other silly 'delusions'

It was his regret that the luggage consisted of all the crap he had bought with his mithril loot. At least half the fortune was spent on nic nacs and other useless things.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well, you have no one to blame but yourself for buying all this stuff" Mause reminded him. "No one forced you to buy it." This was not completely true, she had played a role in buying some of it, the golden-laid slippers for example. "While you're bringing your back into place. "tell me more about this co-owner of yours, Nick, I think you said his name was?"
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Drake landed on the deck of the ship and glanced around, he tapped a paw against the wooden floor nervously, hoping it wouldn't react similiarly to the hotel ceiling.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Jack of Knives suddenly spun around, seemingly distressed.  
"Fire!  Ships Burning!  Pain!  Death!!!"
He shrieked, falling to the ground clutching at his head...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dan stood on the deck of the ship and looked around. He'd not been on a ship of this type before.  

Sho stood on another area of the ship looking down at the sea below.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Everyone onboard then, alright my friends, the Hunt is on!" Jack said. "Our first stop is in tortuga, for supplies.."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Eh.. Nick?" Said Aves scratching his chin. "Oh, you know. He's just another mate working his part at the Insane Cafe. He does all the cleaning and order taking, I do the cooking."

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
There was a figure, deep below the boat, walking slowly. A fish, nearby, looked allured at a light. It just kept getting closer... and closer... It was so interesting.

Wait, are those teeth?

Snap

As the angler fish swam off, it left behind a ghostly pale apparition of the fish it had snapped up. The figure, a tall, extremely thin, skeletal robed figure, looked at the ghostly fish.

HELLO.

The figure swung it's scythe, the the fish faded away. Death looked upwards, and, beyond most resonable human being's ability to see, saw a ship drifting above. He nodded, and drifted upwards.

A rather irate, much smaller figure, fell out of his robe.

SQUEAK EK EK!

Death looked back.

SORRY.

He picked up the Death of Rats, and they both drifted to the ship on the surface.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
What is he like? Is he a nice guy? What is he? Human? Fox? Squirrell?" Mause's eyes gleamed, like they had when she had first seen Aves..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Eddie jumped at Jack of Knives' sudden outburst. At first he thought perhaps they'd been attacked, but a quick glance around revealed everything was peaceful.

He gazed down at the shrieking being with pity as he realized he was perhaps reliving some tramatic experience.

"Why can't you get supplies here?" Drake asked, bending his long neck around to stare at their captain.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The supplies we need are only located in Toturga' Jack replied with a shake of his head. "Now, Mr.. whatyourface, I need you to tighten down the sails. the tighter the sails the faster we go.."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Death appeared at the side of the ship, along with the Death of Rats.

CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW? NO, I AM NOT HERE FOR YOU. I RECALL THE OTHER, HOWEVER.

Death regarded Aves for a moment, with his eyeless stare, thne turned to the Pirate.

I AM QUITE WILLING TO SEE WHAT THIS "TREASURE HUNT" IS LIKE.

The Death of Rats spun to look at Death.

SQUEAK EEK EEK SQUEAK?!

Death looked at the little, robed, skeletal Rat.

YES, THAT IS WHY I AM HERE.

The Death of Rats jumped up and down and guestered violently downwards.

EEK EEK SQUEAK!

Death shook his head.

NO, WHY DID YOU THINK THAT WAS IT?

The Death of Rats said nothing, but looked down and placed a skeletal paw on his forhead.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Welcome, Death, and little Death.  I expect you'll be busy on my ship, and we will probably resort at some point to eating the little beasties that scurry in the bowels of my ship"
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Drake," the dragon said. "Not Mr. whatyourface."

He turned to the sail and examined it with a look of annoyance. He turned back to Jack with a grimace on his scaley face. "You're suggesting we eat vermin?"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If food runs short, what other alternative will we have? Unless you're offering yourself up now in advance, which is a noble sacrifice by the way" Jack grinned showing rows of discolored and frankly disgusting teeth. It was clear he hadn't brushed in awhile..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I DO NOT EAT. ALTHOUGH, I DO ENJOY THE OCCASIONAL CURRY. Replied Death.

The Death of Rats shrugged. He didn't have to eat, either, but, perhaps due to his rodent nature, would always nibble on any food he could get at. It felt highly appropriate.

Death had started eye-socketing Jack of Knives. Death, having been envisioned by humans, felt human emotions. Something was deeply disturbing about the bandaged figure.

SQUEAK EEK SQUEAK. Squeaked the death of Rats, taking a step away.

THAT IS TERRIBLY IMPOLITE.