The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Summoners

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Alexandra was looking at Gems intently, checking if they were real. Then she nodded her head approvingly.

"Hmm... You did better than I've hoped," she said to Zoe "Good. You kept your side of the deal, so I will keep mine."

Aleaxandra reached to small bag, lying beside her seat and took out five small coin purses and gave them to Zoe.

"As we agreed, there is one thousand gold coins in each ot these."
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
"We got a survivor," Tai said.

"By the look of his clothes, he must be one of the servants," the captain replied, and tapped the Terran's shoulder to get his attention.  "Did you see what happened?"

"I only saw them coming up from underneath the cellar," the man stammered, his face stained with spattered blood.  "I knew they would come for them.  It was a bad omen from the start..."

"Start?  Explain..."

"I can't!  My master swore death if I told!"

"I don't think he'll be able to do that now pal," Tai replied.

"So talk..." the captain added.

The servant gulped before he began.  "The master came into possession of two gems by a chance run-in on his annual commute through the desert.  He didn't think of them as valuable until after he came across a Summoner he thought was an assassin.  My master had him killed and discovered the gems on the dead warrior, and then his obsession started into a dangerous goal.  Last year, another Summoner came to attend a festival, and he had her killed too for her gems.  There were warnings of such a collection luring monsters and vengful Summoners here.  But he would not listen.  He threw this very fair to lure more Summoners..."

"I knew I never liked the guy," the captain said, "but I'd never expect him to go this far..."

----------

While the room was lit, Kenshi reached the bottom of the stairs to allow Willow through.  What he found almost immediately was a grate in the floor to the sewer, ripped open from underneath.  He reloaded with another flare and fired into the aqueduct, to see a momentary glimpse of a grotesque monstrous face before a giant hand with blade-like claws reached out through the hole at him.  He fell back, missing the blades by inches, and rolled away before the hand came down on where he once stood...

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Kenshi landed on his rear, but kept his gun at the ready and unloaded it into the hand.  The monster roared and its hand raked back into the sewer, leaving deep gashes in the floor.

"You ain't getting away THAT easily!" the Terran said, pulling out a Soul Gem and inserted it into his Band.  A bright light illuminated the room again, this time a tall wolf Fur-like Summon in armor and a cape stood.

"You summoned me, Kenshi?" the wolf asked.

"We got a big Wraith in there!  Can you get him from up here, Greyfas?"

"Of course!" Greyfas answered, and drew a whip made of energy, then snapped it into the sewer.  Explosions rocked the sewer, and more unholy screams echoed through the area, followed by heavy thuds leading away from underneath the cellar.

Just then, Tai reached the stairwell.  "What you find?!" he called.

"We got something in the aqueducts!  See if you can find it when it gets out!"

"I'm on it!"  Tai then sprinted back outside...