The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Summoners

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
The aristocrat's guards had to jumped out of the way as the door was blasted away.

The captain shielded his eyes from the blast and watched the Summoner and Summon enter the building.  "Halt!"  He quickly turns to his guardsmen.  "Clear this area now!  And get some reinforcements!"

One guard peeled from the group and ran, shouting, "SOUND THE ALARM!  TEDISIAN IS UNDER ATTACK BY SUMMONERS!!!"

----------

Tai heard the commotion from the street and cursed under his breath.  "This is not good...  Whoever that Summon is, he just got the whole city on us!  We gotta go in and stop him!"

He sprinted through the door and into the building...

----------

The Terran turned to the seven Soul Gems, then back to the shadows.  "Take them now," he hissed.  "Apparantly we have Summoners for the slaughter..."

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"That would be our best bet at the moment" Skorn replied back rather calmly as he followed after Tai, deciding to bring the Human Torch back to his Soul Gem for the time being in the process "How do you propose we go about doing this anyway?" he decided to then ask Tai, to see if he had any ideas.

Luna looked at the guards, then to Iron Man "Any ideas?" she asked him.

Iron Man looked to the guards, scanning each of them as he bought up a hand "Unless you lot wish to blasted down, I suggest you stand aside and allow us to search the building, we have reason to suspect that there is a theif around here, however, there must be something more to all this commotion that has been bought up before we had arrived"

Zoe had moved down the hallway quite a bit, however, when she heard some voices nearby, she stopped and moved to the corner of the hallway.  She looked out a little, keeping quiet as she saw them "What the? What's going on here?" she asked herself rather quietly as she watched the scene slowly unfold some more.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Tai said nothing as he raced to catch up with the thief...

----------

"Return your creature, Summoner!" the captain demanded.  "This is OUR city, and OUR laws!  You are NOT above the law!  And I will not let you destroy this city for your personal gains!"

The captain had reason for concern.  There had been times when Summoners took on full cities, and very few nameless individuals succeeded.  Those that did had no regard for life, and legend said this is what created the Wraith Generals, but this was not founded.  Still, this common legend puts many nations to fear and hate the Summoners...

"Stand aside, and I shall inspect this building!"

----------

The shadows slided closer to the Soul Gems to collect them...

A shadow behind Zoe began to form and stand taller than her, brandishing a shadowy version of her own claws...

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Skorn rushed off after Tai and placed a hand on his shoulder to stop him "We should not just rush in" he warned him and looked ahead.

However, as they were moving ahead some more, something was watching them, it remained on the ceiling, silentl as it watched the two of them, silently dropping down behind them and flexed the claws it had.  The creature in question was a Phantom Slasher, a creature of the Wraiths and was ready to attack both Skorn and Tai...

Zoe stopped what she was doing, looking behind her slightly and saw the creature forming "A wraith?" she asked herself as she looked at the creature and what form it was taking on, looking at the claws of the creature as she clenched her hand somewhat, deciding to stand her ground at the moment.

Luna sighed a little bit as she looked to Iron Man "Guess I should do what he says..." she spoke and recalled Iron Man.

However, as the guards were then busy, with their backs turned, only for a little while, a small window of opertunity was found by Luna as she Summoned another one of her Summons, this time, it was Batman as she whispered to him once he appeared "Go and inspect the building....you're good like that, doing this while remaining undetected"

Batman gave off a nod back and quickly grappled his way upwards, near the stairs just as the guards turned around, yet, they did not seem to see Batman leave as they decided to keep their eyes on Luna.

Luna in turn, decided to speak up to the Captain of the guards "Sorry, I did not mean to take things so far....guess you could say, wasn't really thinking it through in the end...."

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
"I guess they came with their muscles in case Summoners were around," Tai said as he ulled out his sling and loaded it with an explosive stone.  He gave a few quick twirls before launching the stone at the creature's hood...

----------

The shadow reformed again to take a more defined likeness of her before attacking.  It seemed as it was moving exactly like her...

----------

The captain began sending troops inside to search the building, before turning back to the Summoner.  "If I had allowed Summoners like you to run things under your own volition, I couldn't stop the city officials from having you and your fellow Summoners hunted and killed.  And that would spark the destruction of our home at the hands of the more unruly Summoners..."

He was cut off when he heard the automated fire of the crossbows firing inside the building, followed by some screaming...

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Willow was just going to inn Luna spoke off earlier, when she heard some commotion coming from aristocrat's palace. Well... 'Commotion' might be an understatement, as she could hear sounds of small explosions, screams and soldiers shouting orders. Hare decided to investigate it and so she went to building in question. When she had arrived at her destination, she saw what was left of front doors. A unit of soldier was just entering the building, but they didn't put any guards before doors to keep civilians outside. Willow was too curious about what is happening inside to miss this opportunity. She entered the building and looked around...

"Luna! What are you doing here?" Willow called out to vixen, who was standing in hall. Hare run to female fox and then she noticed the captain of he guards.
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Investigating" Luna whispered back to Willow as she kept her eyes on the guards "One of my Summons believes that something's going on here, but I was ordered to recall him....but don't get me wrong, I'm still investigating the place, even if I don't need to actually go anywhere....Batman will deal with things...."

She then looked to Willow for a moment "How come you're here?  Did you decide to get....curious or something?"

Zoe stood her ground still as she watched the figure become more or a shadow clone of herself.  As the figure attacked her with a fist, she swung her own fist, her glove clanking against the shadowy figure's glove.

She swung her fist in for an uppercut, only to have the figure backstepjust slighty in order to avoid the swing of the fist and grabbed Zoe by the arm.  However, Zoe swung her other free fist and slammed it into the arm of the figure, causing it's grip on her to loosen enough for her to pull it away.

The Phantom Slasher seemed to take on the strike of the explosive stone, yet, stumbled back slightly and seemed to roar at Tai.

Skorn stepped forward, pulling out both of his swords, holding each in his hands and swung one at the creature before swinging his second at it in a lunging motion, aiming for its stomach area...

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
As the Terran colleague watched the shadows grab for the Soul Gems, he puts a hand up to his face, and began to peel off the skin and hair to reveal a dead white pale head with a vague skull-like appearance...

----------

A shadow began to emerge behind the slasher and make a move for Skorn.  Tai drew a pair of tomahawks and intercepted the creature, using the reflected light from a lamp post off his blades to 'severe' the Wraith in half, and finished it off.  "I take it you got the slasher?" he asked Skorn.

----------

Blood began to spray from the nearby rooms, and a blood-soaked guard came screaming back out.  The captain turned and saw a hooded Wraith emerge with a rusty longsword in hand.

"A Wraith?!  Why are Wraiths here?!" he drew his saber.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Yes. I ended that sparring session and was going to meet you at inn, but I heard all this commotion..." Willow answered when a hooded Wraith showed up in hall. Hare was standing there motionless for a second, surprised of the sight of Wraith, but then her instincts kicked in. She reached quickly for her crossbow, loaded it with a bolt and aimed at hooded Wraith.

"Take this!" she shouted, shooting at Wraith.
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"And Batman just had to bugger off at the wrong time...." Lunaspoke as she grabbed her dagger from her side and held it, glancing at Willow's gun and then to her own dagger, then back to Willow's gun "Oh sure....you have a good weapon to use....and all I have is this measly dagger"

However, she then turned and tossed it at the wraith, causing the knife to impale itself in the eye of the Wraith before she rushed over at the Wraith that had flinched, long enough for her to at least retrieve her knife.

Skorn nodded back to Tai, unflinching as the other Wraith was quickly taken care of, to which he stabbed the Slasher in the stomach and bough his sword upwards in a vertical motion.  He then used his other sword to swing in a horizontal motion at the Slasher's throat, causing blood to gush out of said creature.

The Phantom Slasher started to stumble and attempted to slash at Skorn, only to miss and fall to the ground, twitching for a few seconds before stopping.

Batman had dropped down into the room of where the pale Wraith had revealed himself as Batman looked to the creature silently, then looked over to the shadows taking the Soul Gems "I suggest you leave them where you found them and get out of here"

Zoe on the other hand, was still battling her shadow self, the two seemed to be well evenly matched, neither of them were showing any signs of loosing "Man, this thing seems to know me rather well....and if that's the case....then it should hate the same things that I do...." she paused for a second and shook her head some "Nah, doing that is not worth it....." she spoke, shuddering a little, yet, ducked away from another swing of the shadowy glove and used her own glove to knock it away "Okay....fine...." she grumbled and moved in a little closer and slammed the figure up against the wall and gave it, a very quick kiss on the lips, something Zoe just did not want to do, nor did she like....yet, she noticed that the figure also did not like it.

That had given Zoe enough time to finish off the creature as she swung her claws at the creature's throat, slicing said throat open before grabbing it by the head and slamming it a few times up against the wall until she let it go and allowed the creature to drop dead onto the ground.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
The dead and dying Wraiths struck by the heroes soon dissentigrated to dust where they fell...

----------

Tai ran ahead to the room where the thief was fighting a shadow likeness of herself, and another Summon squaring off against more shadows and a...  "Faceless?"  He drew back his sling again and threw another stone past the Goth thief into a shadow holding a Soul Gem.  The stone exploded with a bright flash, destroying the Wraith, causing the Soul Gem to drop and land on the floor with a thud.  The Gems were tough and sturdy for such drops.

The faceless turned its head to Tai and pointed at him, and a group of sword-wielding Wraiths came behind the shadows for him.  The Goth again replaced his sling with his tomahawks and charged past Zoe to clash blades with the closest Wraith...

----------

(Downstairs)

After the Wraith fell, a pair of Creepers came crawling across the ceiling towards Luna, Willow, and the captain...

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Willow followed Luna, who was retrieving her dagger, as she didn't want her and vixen be seperated. That would make them an easier targets for other Wraiths, that might be in this building. When Creepers showed up, she shot one with her crossbow, but the other Wraith was coming too fast for her to reload, so she dropped her crossbow and took out her long daggers. She assumed a defensive stance.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Man, where is Batmannow?" Luna asked herself asas held onto her dagger rather tightly as she watched the creepers move rather quickly, to which she stepped back slightly to be able to stand right next to Willow "You ready?" she asked her.

Zoe slammed the Shadow's head into the wall one last time, the Shadow turning to dust the second it touched the wall. However, she looked over and saw Skorn approaching "You again!" she called out with a slight snarl as well.

Skorn rushed towards Zoe "I'll deal with you later" he told the Goth before rushing off after Tai in order to help him out, swinging one sword at one Wraith and blocked an attack from a second Wraith before swinging his first sword at it, starting to keep up with the numbers of Wraiths there were around.

As Tai and Skorn were taking care of some of the Wraiths in the room, Batman already had his hands full taking on a Shadow version of himself, yet, he was already a few steps ahead of said Shadow, as he had already landed in a few hits into the creature.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Tai cleaved the Cloaker down to dust before catching the eye of the fallen Soul Gem, but he wasn't the only one.  The Faceless made a dive for the Gem, but Tai flung his tomahawk into the Faceless skull, dropping it dead on the floor before it became a dust ball.  Tai ran for the Gem and grabbed it...and then it began to glow brightly and illuminate the dark room.  The Shadows reeled back, some of them dropping their loot in Soul Gems...

----------

The captain ran out to see for the reinforcements coming with pikes, lances, and crossbows.

The second-in-command saluted him.  "Reinforcements have arrived, sir!  The Summoners won't stand a chance!"

"Belay that, Sergeant!  Wraiths are inside the building!  The Summoners must've known of this before!  Just clear this block of all civilians and form a perimeter!"

"Yes, sir!"

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Willow nodded to vixen's question "Yes. I am ready." She watched as the creepers were circling around her and Luna, seeking any signs of their defense's weakness. One of them was merely injured by hare's shot, but it caused him to slow down a bit.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Luna continued to eye the Creepers herself as one lunged in for Willow, only to have Luna step in front in order to at least protect Willow, swinging her dagger at the Creeper, causing it to screech a little as it moved back "Don't worry, I've got you covered"

Zoe groaned a little and rushed off after Skorn and Tai, looking to the two of them before swinging her glove at a few Wraiths that were in the area, slamming her fist into each of their faces with a rather hard punch.

Skorn seemed to smirk, only lightly at what Zoe was doing as he swung his sword and blocked attacks from Wraiths in general as well, doing his best to drive them off at the very least anyway.

Batman on the other hand, was getting ahead against his Shadow self, punching it quite a few times in the face before doing a leg sweep, knocking the Shadow off its feet and slamming his foot down into its chest afterwards, injuring it quite a bit.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
It took moments for the Shadows and Cloakers to regain their composture, and those not already fighting were making a move for the fallen Soul Gems.

Tai had no choice but to trust this new Soul and inserted it into his Band.  Another bright light lit the room and a tall brown-furred wolf in a blue uniform and with a cutlass by his side appeared.

The wolf instinctively drew his sword.  "So...  Where is the dirty scoundrel that kept me locked away like some lowly trinket?!" he snarled in a Spanish accent, looking around intently.  His gaze fell upon the body of the aristocrat.  "I see that you came upon a fate more merciful than what I intend for you, my friend..."

Tai cocked an eyebrow at the Summon.  "Um...  And you are?"

The wolf turned to the Goth in response.  "Aha!  You must be the one that released me!  And a pale one at that...  Let me introduce myself."  He bowed low.  "I am Don Karnage, the toughest air pirate the world has ever seen!  And what would be your name, my pale-faced compadre?"

"Um..Tai.  And...maybe we can finish introductions later..." He picked his tomahawk and gestured to the Wraiths.

Karnage looked behind him and smirked, twirling his saber.  "I see...  It's been a long time since I cut down your kind!  Well then?"

Tai and Karnage readied themselves as the Cloakers attacked...

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Good idea...."Skorn spoke as he pulled out the Soul Gem he had newly recieved from Tai a little while ago and decided to use it without so much as a second thought.

A second bright light emerged and engulfed the room before moments later, someone stood there who had emerged from the Soul gem.  The character in question was a tigeress, who wore a martial arts-like uniform with no visible weaponary on her.

She looked in the direction of the Wraiths, but ignored them for the time being and looked upon Skorn and to his Summon Band and gave off a light smirk in the process "I take it that youwere that one that had....I suppose you could say, Summoned me? You do not have any idea of how long I have been stuck inside that gem for" she told Skorn "You may call me Tigeress"

Skorn gave her a nod back "Skorn" he told her simply as he clutched his swords again "But I'm afraid we must cut out little chat short for now, first....we must clean up here"

Tigeress looked to the Wraiths again and smirked some more getting into a more, crouching, martial arts, defensive related position, one arm forward and the other back, ready to strike at the Wraiths the moment they would get close "Fine by me...." she spoke as she eyed each and every Wraith around.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
The remaining Shadows and Cloakers on the upper floor attacked at once.  Don Karnage parried three Cloakers sword into the wood floor, sticking them in.  Tai jumped over on Karnage's soldiers as he swept his tomahawk in sideways, slashing the Wraiths down.  As Tai landed back on the floor, he dropped to one knee to give room as Karnage impaled an incoming Shadow...

Downstairs, the Creepers were joined by four more Cloakers as they rushed in at Willow and Luna...

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Batman had taken care of his shadow self moments later and decided it was now best to go and help out Luna as he rushed off, leaving Tai and the others to take care of the Wraiths around.

Luna stood her ground still as she watched the Creepers approaching before four more Cloakers appeared.  She looked to her dagger for a moment and gulped a little.

However, the Cloakers were stopped as a Batarang came flying more or less out of nowhere and struck two of them in the head and a voice was heard "One should not pick on others like that" he told the Cloakers as one lunged in to attack Batman, only to have him counter and elbow the Cloaker in the face followed by a punch into another Cloaker's face.

Tigeress looked from left to right before giving off a smirk again and moved from her position, striking one Cloaker in the stomach followed by another punch to a Shadow's face as she then elbowed another Shadow in the face, doing a backflip in the process and slamming her feet down onto the chest of another Cloaker.

Skorn just smiled to himself lightly as he started to take out Wraiths himself, watching as each of them slowly started to drop and turn to dust.

Zoe, in the middle of all the fighting, simply walked over to the Soul gems that were left unguarded, punched a Faceless in the face as she grabbed as many as she could, at least five of them, putting them into her pocket, punching the same Faceless again in the face before she started to slowly make her way out of the room amongst all the fighting.