The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Hi everyone!

BashLucasandSpielberg

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hi all!

I am one of the chagrined that sincerely wish that Lucas and Spielberg had not ruined my favourite childhood movie! :(

Thought I am an adult I still love the original movie the most and had seen some of the scenes that were later cut.

As such, I encourage everybody to help track down a copy if possible! :)

Here are the scenes I remember from watching a vhs copy that we had borrowed. :)

I remember seeing these scenes as a little guy when we borrowed the vhs (almost certainly a 1989 version) from somebody.

1. The T-rex jumped on Littlefoot's mom's back and bit her (bodies and shadows visible), the scratches showed on her neck and back but the neck bite itself was absent.

2. The cut bits where Littlefoot and Cera run from the T-rex and hit his foot.

3. Spike being led to follow them with berries (that I think were red), and Cera and Ducky arguing about him staying.

4. Petrie struggling to the surface of the water and an extended T-rex death scene.

5. The part where Littlefoot and Cera argue about where the Great Valley is.

6. Petrie arriving at the Great Vallry atop Littlefoot's head(?)

7. The gang being chased away from the water and food by other dinosaurs(?)

8. Ducky making faces at the T-rex(?)

9. Littlefoot and Cera almost being eaten by the T-rex.

Beginning of:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbW8GgAWKi8...17787AE&index=2

Thanks!

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Hello and welcome.
Yes I too would do anything to get a copy of the original cut of the film before it was edited half to death like a  4KIDs anime dub...

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Welcome with us BashLucasandSpielberg,
it is always a pleasure to welcome new members to our community :)
Please feel hearty invited to join our discussions or start threads of your own :yes

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Always great to see a new member on here.   To bad the cut scenes were not kept.  It would have been interesting to have a director's cut or some other version with the scenes in.    Who knows hollywood may make another version of the 1st movie someday.  Hollywood does that at times with movies.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum!  :wave It is always nice to meet a new member.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Lucas and Spielberg ruined nothing. In fact, if it weren't for them, it wouldn't have been made.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf