The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The False Facts Game

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Well, I’m not backing down with my other choice just yet, so I pick #1! x(cera

Wow, I’m hoping the answer is not what I least expect...:o

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
You are correct! Well done! Mo congratulates you for your success.
:Mo

Although it's not that far off from the truth. I've been writing almost every day of my life since 2009, a couple years after I graduated from high school. I was still passionate about writing before that, but 2009 was when I began to get really serious about it. I can remember various stories of mine I started working on as early as elementary school, but it was a more irregular thing back then.

That was fun. Your turn now. :)

Edit: Which choice was it that you were least expecting to be false?

Edit II: A few years ago, I played the False Facts Game with my writer's group, with three true options and one false. I used the same options with the group that I used here for choices #1, #3, and #4 (and another choice that was completely different). The interesting thing is that, of a group of around twelve people, nearly all of them thought it was either the "rabbit" or the "number eight" option that was incorrect. Only one person correctly guessed "Writing since Grade 8". I even ran those choices by my own mother, of all people, and she guessed it wrong twice. So apparently you know me better than my mom does. :P
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 01:49:55 AM by StardustSoldier »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ha-ha-ha! :Mo

*cough*

I mean, wow! Those are actually some pretty fun facts that you have presented there. Thank you for the shocking relevation. The choice I was least expecting to be false was actually the “Number 8” favorite number, followed by the rabbit being the second favorite animal. First of all, those options seem too specific to be false, and secondly you have the “Grade 8” fact listed here as well, so it would be stupid to say that 8 being your favorite number is false in my opinion. So, with the process of elimination, I come down to the two most likely choices and I choose either accordingly. I actually would’ve gotten it right the first time if I didn’t second guess myself! Ugh...for some reason I sometimes do it despite the fact that it backfires 99% of the time. Tests, quizzes is where I do it pretty often with not so good results. Why can’t I stop? I don’t know, it’s one of those impulses that I have a very hard time controlling I guess. I think the people that you asked for the False Facts game thought that those two choices were incorrect for the same reasons that I thought they were true, or perhaps since they knew you were a guy who writes for a living, they pushed out 1) and 2) as possible answers. What they didn’t realize however, that the answers are also pretty unrealistic at the same time. Like, who would actually work on their writing almost everyday since Grade 8, let alone make fanfic novelizations of 14 LBT movies (which turned out to be true, but still.) So, uh yeah that’s the full story, And thanks for the indirect compliment on the last sentence. :lol

Here we go. Let the facts commence! :)

1) I stubbed my toe on a sharp corner.
2) I BS’d my way through a quiz and passed.
3) I dented my teeth on the floor at one point.
4) I went to the Principal’s Office one time.
5) I shared a pink room with my sister in the past.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

I think the people that you asked for the False Facts game thought that those two choices were incorrect for the same reasons that I thought they were true, or perhaps since they knew you were a guy who writes for a living, they pushed out 1) and 2) as possible answers. What they didn’t realize however, that the answers are also pretty unrealistic at the same time. Like, who would actually work on their writing almost everyday since Grade 8, let alone make fanfic novelizations of 14 LBT movies (which turned out to be true, but still.)

Eh, as someone who's an avid writer, I don't think either of those are unrealistic. Maybe not what the average person would do, but it's like with any hobby. If you're passionate about it, you spend a lot of time with it. As an example, I used to play video games almost every day of my life. I know that Ducky123 was also planning to novelize all the LBT films, which would've been interesting to see.

But anyway, since Sneak picked #2, I'll guess #3.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 10:00:39 AM by StardustSoldier »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
2) I BS’d my way through a quiz and passed. True.
3) I dented my teeth on the floor at one point. True.
4) I went to the Principal’s Office one time.

Ooh! Getting juicy now, is it!? :olittlefoot

Edit: BS, as in Bullsh***ing. Hope that answers your question, Sneak. :)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 08:38:26 PM by ImpracticalDino »

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
2) I BS’d my way through a quiz and passed. True.
3) I dented my teeth on the floor at one point. True.
4) I went to the Principal’s Office one time. ...Wait What?

Two options left. Choose wisely.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well stubbing a toe on a sharp corner seems like something that would've happened to everyone at some point or another... but I have a feeling that #5 is true, so I'll guess #1.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
@StardustSoldier: I can tell that you were contemplating this decision for awhile, but unfortunately you were wrong.

1) It happened many times in the past, particularly on the corner of a heater in my bathroom. Ugh, I hate that! x(cera
2) I don't know how...but I got a 90 on a quiz without reading any of the two stories I was supposed to. Honestly, I had so much other work to tend to, and since the reading of the stories didn't seem that important at the moment, I pushed it to the back of my priority list. It should've backfired on me, but surprising it didn't.
3) In elementary school, as many of my adult teeth was growing in, I accidentally tripped and I literally hit one of my front teeth on the ground. Yikes! The pain resonated for awhile, and when I looked in the mirror as I came home from school, I can see an obvious bent teeth at the area where it was hit.
4) Um...yeah. It may be a surprise to you, but I did go the Principals Office...in 2nd grade. Did I also mention to you that I didn't really take school seriously until 6th grade, a.k.a first year of middle school? Even so, you were probably shocked at this relevation. Let's just say that I did something I wasn't supposed to in the bathroom... :o
5) If I changed one keyword in this false statement, it would've became true. I did share a pink room with someone in the past...my brother that is. In the present, and for years now, I now dwell in the same pink room all on my own.

Yes, I chose these facts in order to make it a challenging guessing game for you. They seem so ridiculous that one of them had to be false, right? 2), 3), and 4) are good examples of that. 1) was the "obvious" fact, but 5) seemed a bit too personal to be false, right? Did you second guess yourself like I did previously? Are my observations about your thinking correct? Let me know! :)

Despite the fact that you lost, I'll hand the turn over to you.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What threw me off is that all five of your options seemed quite plausible, even #2 and #4. Of all of them, however, #3 seemed the least likely, hence it was my first guess. Once it was down to just #1 & #5, I was actually going to guess #5, as I thought to myself, "There's no way #1 could be false." But then, yeah, there was something about #5 that seemed a bit too personal to be false, and I began to wonder if #1 was some sort of trick answer somehow. I shouldn't have second-guessed myself. :p Although now that I think about it, it seems like an unlikely answer because opposite sex-siblings rarely share bedrooms. Not that I think there's anything wrong with it, but I can't recall any examples of it myself.

Anyway:

1) I own three DVD copies of the first Land Before Time film.
2) I once paid $300 for a Star Wars comic.
3) My family once had a St. Bernard named Moxie, back when my mother and father were still married.
4) I considered pursuing video game development at one point in my life.
5) I used to be abusive to my younger brother.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^Haha, and it was in a pink bedroom as well! My sister actually used to own the room all by herself until she went to college.

I'm just going to wing it and guess Number 5. If this is a true fact, then that literally reinforces my assertion that you're a bad influence, just sayin'.
:PAli

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If your sister was the original owner, then that makes a lot of sense why it was a pink room. I don't think there's anything wrong with guys being into pink at all, but again, it seems an unlikely colour for a boys' bedroom.

I'm flattered that #5 was your first guess for the false fact... but alas, it is true. It's certainly something I'm not proud of, and there were still plenty of moments when my brother and I got along great. But I had serious anger issues as a kid and I lashed out frequently, and my brother bore the brunt of a lot of it. Thankfully I'm far more mellow than I used to be, and him and I have a much more stable friendship nowadays.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I never really cared enough to get my Dad to repaint the room. Besides, I kind of like it. :P

Alright, now more rationally speaking, I think #3 would be my next choice as you have never mentioned it on the forum (I think?) and the other three choices seemed like something you would most likely do or have. Sorry if you did mention it, and if so, then I just have bad memory. :p

Edit: Ugh, it does seem too specific to be false though...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 11:01:31 PM by ImpracticalDino »

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well as it happens, you are correct. My family has owned various cats and dogs over the years, but never a St. Bernard, nor have any of our pets ever been named Moxie. Although I used to absolutely adore St. Bernards as a kid and I wanted our family to get one. And I've always thought Moxie is a great pet name. :DD

I came up with most of these facts yesterday. Although after I posted them, I had a feeling you'd figure out which was the false one fairly easily. I guess #1, #2, and #4 were all a bit too obviously true, but then again I thought you might find those tidbits interesting.

Anyway, you can go next. Or else @Sneak (or anyone else), let us know if you'd like to have a turn at some point.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 11:37:00 PM by StardustSoldier »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Alright, here are my facts! Look out for the false one! ;)

1) I had agonizing throat pain one time in my life.
2) I had an agonizing headache one time in my life.
3) I had an agonizing stomach ache one time in my life.
4) I had an agonizing physical injury one time in my life.
5) I had agonizing back pain one time in my life.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 08:29:49 PM by ImpracticalDino »

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't have a strong gut feeling on this one, so I'll just have to wing it. I'll guess #5.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
1) I had agonizing throat pain one time in my life.
2) I had an agonizing headache one time in my life.
3) I had an agonizing stomach ache one time in my life.
4) I had an agonizing physical injury one time in my life.
5) I had agonizing back pain one time in my life. True, but keep in mind its not because of a medical condition. It was my fault that I accidentally caused so much pain to my back.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yep, yep, yep! :duckyhappy

1) False. Sore throats are still a pain though, as you try so hard to cough out whatever is irritating your throat and spitting out your mucus, only that it never seems to end.
2) Happened once when I was in Atlanta with my family to visit my other older brother that was in the military. We were at a fast food place (McDonalds) when it started happening. My dad massaged my head for a pretty long time while I screamed in so much pain for the ordeal. Luckily it went away eventually and no further action required.
3) Happened when I was still 5 years old I think, and I was crying painfully in my parent's room while my Mom was there to try to minimize the pain. I wanted Dad home so badly but he ended up coming home at the normal overtime hour anyway. It only subsided for good when I vomited so much in the sink. These experiences are things I will never forget.
4) Here's another one I won't forget. One day on Halloween when I was much younger, I was trick or treating with...well I don't remember who actually. But here's the mortifying twist: I tripped on a large tree branch I didn't notice (for some reason) and scraped my knee pretty badly on the sidewalk pavement. I cried obviously from that, and I had to be taken home for a huge bandage to cover that entire wound. All was better that evening as I happily played some sort of racing game on the Nintendo DS Lite. :)
5) Oops, accidentally jumped out of the top level of the bunk bed too quickly and ended up having my back hitting the solid barrier of the table that held my television. I didn't scream, cry out, or anything, but I just sat there not moving as I waited for the pain that resonated within my back to slowly go away. Nothing much with this event really.

If you want to be next @Sneak, then be my guest! Otherwise, you can go next StardustSoldier.