The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Topsy and Grandpa

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Since Kenneth Mars and John Ingle have passed away what will happen to Topsy and Grandpa Longneck in LBT 14? I believe they'll simply have new voices. What's your opinion?  :)
Life Is Good

AllegroGiocoso

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I think they'll probably both be replaced; the families would feel pretty empty without two of the largest adult roles in the series. Plus, they both act as leaders in the Great Valley, so it wouldn't really feel right without them.

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: AllegroGiocoso,May 3 2015 on  08:18 PM
I think they'll probably both be replaced; the families would feel pretty empty without two of the largest adult roles in the series. Plus, they both act as leaders in the Great Valley, so it wouldn't really feel right without them.
I think so too
Life Is Good

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I guess they're gonna be recasted :)
Inactive, probably forever.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
I also believe they will have new VAs. Though I can't think of anyone specific for Topps (or the narrator for that matter), I have a feeling Jim Cummings will be Grandpa Longneck...

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Anonymous Person,May 4 2015 on  08:24 AM
I also believe they will have new VAs. Though I can't think of anyone specific for Topps (or the narrator for that matter), I have a feeling Jim Cummings will be Grandpa Longneck...
Didn't Jim Cummings replace Kenneth Mars as the voice of Trition in the 3rd Little Mermaid movie? If he sounded good as Trition then maybe he'll sound good as Grandpa Longneck  :)
Life Is Good

Pinky997

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Definitely thinking new voices, since it happens all the time

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Yes I'll put money on them just getting new VA's for them who will probably sound nothing like their previous ones at all. Like half the characters that came back in the TV show.

But still would be better then killing them off.
I'd hate to see Littlefoot lose another family member...

And as much as I despise Topsy and think he's a swine!
I wouldn't want him dead, as he's Cera's only on biological parent in the sequels, and if he died it would make Cera an orphan, and leave her heart broken along with Tricia and Tria... If their in the 14th film that is..

Dino-Mario

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Yeah, they'll get new voice actors. Jim Cummings for Grandpa and Daran Norris for Toppsy seem like the most likely choices for me

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
What about Grandma Longneck?
8 years with TGOF :yum

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: bestariana1girl,May 13 2015 on  10:23 PM
What about Grandma Longneck?
Refer to the regarding lbt 14 topics for your answer  :)
Life Is Good