The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Why, hello everyone!  Wow, I can't believe that there's actually a forum dedicated to The Land Before Time...!  (Actually, I've heard of this place before, but didn't bother to register before, uhh, last month actually.  I guess I forgot about doing so...)  Anyway, I'm quite a fan of this amazing series; I grew up on the first four movies, albeit only in recent times have I come to know of the rest of the movies; the last I'd heard, they'd made a seventh movie (The Stone of Cold Fire), and I had no idea that it was still going...!  Ironically, I got back into it about a month or so before the TV series debuted on Cartoon Network, last year (in the U.S.)...  ...Seeing that something that I grew up on, is still going so strong...  It's the last animated series that's still doing so, a true Diamond in the Brimstone...  (Well, unless you count The Simpsons, which newer seasons have lost their spark.)  It makes me brim with a joy I've rarely, if ever known, a joy that words cannot express nor justify.  There's hardly anything I watch on TV anymore, I can't stand it.  I coined the phrase, for those of us who like the whole series equally without restraint, "pureblood" fans, though I mainly coined it for myself...  It's not meant to be insulting; actually, I see it as a sort of "classification" thing.  I've said it before in a few places on the web, and that's what it means.

Anyway, enough witty banter from an old, young adult with two grey hairs in his beard...  I truly believe that it was destiny that I should get back into it, as it has completely changed who I am; in many ways, I have reverted to a childlike state - in good, mature ways.  Yahweh must be smiling down at me, I guess...  (Ironically, there are certain aspects of so-called "entertainment" that I can no longer handle...)  I simply cannot wait for another movie.  Me wantee, more!

(Hmm; they'd best be explaining how Chomper and Ruby got accepted into the Great Valley, not to mention how they originally met.  Maybe Elsie had something to do with Chomper getting off the island, but that still doesn't fill in the rest of the details; it's even mentioned that Ruby is given the responsibility of watching after Chomper...  There's a lot of important miniscule details that should really be expounded upon.)
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum.  You'll find most of the folks here are nice and friendly and there are many threads here.  Maybe some that you will wish to respond to, good luck and have fun.  I'm sure you'll find you fit in quiet well.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thank you...  Kindness is something that cannot be taken for granted nowadays; there's a lot to be learned from The Land Before Time, a lot that people can actually apply to their own lives...  Yes, I think I'll like this...  Even if I talk up a windstorm sometimes...!  I already made my own fanvideo and put it up on YouTube; I'll make a post about it when I have some more time...  (As though I didn't have enough already...)

EDIT: Hmm, there's quite a bit of parallels between the series and my own life; perhaps I'll even document it sometime...  Or write a poem about it...
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Y'ello-Cha!  I'm Starfall, and it's good to meet you!
Hope that you have fun, and hope to see you around! :D

Timehopper

• Spike
    • View Profile
Hello NeptuneNavigator2001! It's nice to meet you!  :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You can do a poem and another thread on the similarities between your life and LBT.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah...  Although, thinking about it now, they might be two separate things: a poem about The Land Before Time, inspired by what I feel, or something; and more of, well, just a typical post, albeit it may turn into a mini-essay, as I find more parallels...  Hmm...

Who knows?  I do know for certain that I'll be doing that document sometime, though.  I just don't know when.

Oh yeah, and thanks everyone!  Hopefully I'll be more active here than at, uh, a gaming forum I tend to visit.  I'm not going to advertise, though - that would be going beyond the scope of this introduction...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Who knows, if you do a lbt poem thread and another on what lbt means to you, you may find others will do similar posts in your thread.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome at the GoF :) I hope you have fun  :wave

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thank you, Mumbling.  My god, your sig...  ...  ...  ...Such a tragedy...  ...  ...Indeed, what fools some mortals be...  ...  ...
...... :cry Rest in Peace, dear sweet Judith...

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: NeptuneNavigator2001,Apr 27 2008 on  10:36 AM
Thank you, Mumbling.  My god, your sig...  ...  ...  ...Such a tragedy...  ...  ...Indeed, what fools some mortals be...  ...  ...
...... :cry Rest in Peace, dear sweet Judith...
Yes, I am very sad about Judith sometimes. I want to remember daily what happened to her, that's why it is my sig.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Welcome with us NeptuneNavigator2001! :)
It is always a pleasure to welcome new members to our community. Please feel hearty invited to join our discussions or start threads of your own.  :yes  
I guess there are different kinds of fangroups. Some say that it is only the original movie they care about (though I found such fans very deeply involved in sequel discussions as well :P:). As for myself I won't condemn any land before time installment for being a sequel or even a TV episode without taking the content of the installment into account.
When the story is interesting and coherent with other land before time stories and well presented (sometimes a good story can still be told in a poor way) I will gladly accept it no matter if it comes as a sequel or an episode.
Personally I considered LBT 10 quite a disaster for its total lack of coherence with earlier stories and for other reasons as well (foolish and harmless sharpteeth etc.).
Anyway, you will find detailed discussions on most sequels and episodes (including discussion of the questions how chomper got of the island, how he got to know Ruby, and why they ended up being accepted in the Valley) on the board.
Again, welcome with us! :)

Loofah

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Hi and welcome to the Gang of five!
It is always nice to meet new people around here.
Have a nice time! :DD

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Welcome to the forum. Please feel hearty invited to enjoy our discussions and have fun :yes . See ya around mate :wave

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey, man! Glad to see you here!

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow!  Thanks everyone!  Now I know what'll keep me holding out until my birthday next month!

Malte279:  Hmm; I didn't notice much that was different about 10...  Unless you mean Littlefoot going alone...  Meh.  It was unique - and I must say, it was one that touched me deeply for various reasons...  (I'm even not ashamed to say that the song "Bestest Friend" made me cry...)  Although, as far as stories themselves go, I did notice an "improvement," IMO, when Charles Grosvenor took over directing.  Not that I find anything wrong with 2 through 4...  Yet, I remember having to watch "The Wisdom of Friends" twice to get it - and then, I could hardly get enough of it...! :P: Hmm...  Meh...   :D Whatcha gonna do?  *Cue Hulk Hogan's theme music*  Then again, I've typically been a very accepting person.  Not that any of you aren't...  One of my nicknames for myself is "The Accomodater..."  For various reasons.  It may or may not apply here, in various ways. :P:

...Judith...  ...As sensitive as I am to pain, I can hardly deal with things like this.  Death seems so final, yet in my deepest beliefs I feel it is not the end, only the beginning.  It may be the end for us down here, yet...  ...  ...And, even then, I still find myself lost in that mystery, despite my faith...  How could anyone...  ...  ... :(  -_-  <_<  :angry:  :huh: ...Such demonic evil...  Jealousy...

...Okay, I'd better stop before it consumes a fifth of my day...  Literally.  I'm not known for being "emo," but things can really get to me sometimes...

...Anyhoo...  I'm sure I'll enjoy myself - and others - everytime I'll visit here...  Like I said, I'll have my mind full until my birthday next month - the 7th, actually, so it's not too far off...  Erhm, yeah, anyway...  Kudos to you all! :)

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Welcome to the Gang of Five! I think you'll enjoy your time here Neptune. Just for the record... I don't hate Jacob Barsi... just feel sad for him...his daughter....his wife... and the whole world. It's a pretty awful place at times (and unless someone works out a cheap, sustainable method of producing energy it's going to get a hell of a lot worse....)

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello there my friend! I know you'll enjoy your stay here  :^.^:

Have fun and post lots!

/Lillefot
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
...Yeah, I don't know if "hate" is the right emotion here...  Not personally knowing the man (obviously), it is not for me to judge.  In any case, it is not my position to judge, as part of my faith goes...

As far as "energy" goes...  And the economy...  I should probably keep in vigilant prayer...  Things look bleak, but it isn't the end...  If it was...  I'd die fighting, the coward's way.  There's no point in living if you can't live free...  Guess I'm just a yellow-bellied coward.  (No correlation to the Yellow Bellies, hu hu!)  A leaf, shaken by a gentle breeze...  Trying to keep sane is a challenge in this day and age.