The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Archie Showcase - April 2021

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

https://i.imgur.com/Z90uTL3.png

"Where there's a will, there's a way...or a pulled muscle."

----------------

In this topic please feel free to discuss Archie as a character, to share your own creations (fanfics or fanart) concerning this character, or to mention some of your favorite fanworks of others involving him.  For a full set of rules please see the 2021 Monthly Character Showcase topic but keep in mind that this is meant to be fun as opposed to any sort of contest.

I will go ahead and get the discussion started with the following questions:

1. As strong as Archie's flappy arms are, could he possibly lift the gang's plot armor?

2. On a more serious note, what are your general thoughts about Archie as a character?

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
 :rainbowwave Hi Archie. You had no point of being in the film. Or at least that's what other people say.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 01:13:29 AM by LittleDas75 »

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

Nanotyrannus

• Junior synonym
  • Chomper
  • i'll put something here eventually
    • View Profile
Does no one care about this guy. That's sad. :lfsadface

Archie will always have a tiny place in my heart, at least; he might not be the highlight of his movie, but he's still pretty cool.

Spoiler: ShowHide
He's also the star of my personal favorite reaction image to have come out of the entire series, so bonus points in that regard

1.) Never. Not in a million years.

2.) What I said above is a good summation of what I think of him; he isn't super deep or interesting (his existence brings up the question of what a sea turtle is doing in a mountain cave but that's a question for another time), but he's a cool old guy with a great voice and some fun lines.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
1.) Absolutely not. Studies have proven that the Gang's plot armor is one of the heaviest substances in existence, comparable to the average neutron star! :wow

2.) Archie is alright. I guess I've never been "for" or "against" him, necessarily. He's one of those characters who's just there. As a kid (and even now) I had a tendency to forget that he existed until I watched the movie again. :p I remember being annoyed with LBT 4 when I was younger for having so many non-dinosaur creatures in it. Archie, Tickles, Ichy, Dil...not exactly what I was looking for as a kid.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 07:55:57 PM by RainbowFaceProtege »

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I have just realized Archie looks pretty small for a Archelon.