The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Help With Photoshop

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I got a little problem here.  I'm trying to create a banner for something and I'm having some trouble figuring out how to do it.

Here's my current point:

Now, the top is the background of the banner I plan to use. (Will likely change it, but this is just to get me started.)

I want to put one of the pictures below on the left and the other on the right.

How do I do this?  I've seen what LBTlover has made, and I would like to know how to complete this.

So, can you help me?

Oh, and when explaining it, make it and so that an idiot can understand it, because right now... I'm an idiot on this part. :bang

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Using the uppermost tool in the toolbar on the left side, drag each item onto the banner.  There will be white background crap all around the items.  To remove this, simply select the Magic Wand tool, set tolerance to 0, and click on the white part.  Once the white part is selected, hit the backspace or delete key on the keyboard and it will get rid of the white crap.  Hit CTRL+D to deselect the area that was selected.

Repeat steps for the second image.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,May 18 2009 on  09:54 PM
Using the uppermost tool in the toolbar on the left side, drag each item onto the banner.  There will be white background crap all around the items.  To remove this, simply select the Magic Wand tool, set tolerance to 0, and click on the white part.  Once the white part is selected, hit the backspace or delete key on the keyboard and it will get rid of the white crap.  Hit CTRL+D to deselect the area that was selected.

Repeat steps for the second image.
Ugh!  Hate to be more stupid, but having trouble finding the "Magic Wand Tool" you speak of. :bang

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
It's the forth icon from the top in the toolbar.
Alternatively, you can press W on your keyboard.
The tool's option menu will appear above your working area. There you can set the options of the tool, such as tolerance.
Best of luck!  ;)

And Pokeplayer; There are no stupid questions. Just stupid answers.
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks guys!  I should be able to complete it now.

I'll show you guys what it looks like when I'm done. :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Here it is.  You get to find out at last what it's for:

That's right!  It's a banner header for a freaking website.  I might change it as time progresses, but for now, I kind of like it.

I know that I've got a lot more to do though before I can get an actual website going.

Well, see ya later! :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That looks pretty okay. I'd just like to let you know that the white part on the right can be deleted with the magic wand tool easily too (unless you meant it to be white of course)