The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A Video Premiere

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Hey guys!

I just got this in from a great friend of mine. We were working on a film project that he does periodically for the school he works for. Long story short, at the end of every school year, he sets up a funny skit or video involving the teachers and other members of staff for the entire school populus to watch before they break up for the summer hols. This year he got me involved and we decided to do a little musical number. He got me as one of the starring roles in this one.

The skit is, the teacher featured is infamous at his school for his inability to dance so we did the characteristical opposite and set him up on this musical dance vid (as demonstrated at the start  :lol). But the laugh comes when we cut to a shadow and he suddenly explodes into a dancing frenzy!

Having spent enough time working on this, I thought I'd share it with you guys. The kids at my friend's school haven't seen this yet (but I'm guessing none of you will leak this to them LOL  :DD). Lemme know what you think:

Ladies and Gentlemen...without further ado...I present to you...

A Cultural Interlude

Please do enjoy ;) And NO flash photography please!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Lol, that's a pretty awesome video Lf1616 :D What's your big role? ;)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm the silouhette they cut to. I'm effectively the "stunt double" if you like. :DD So all the stuff in shadow is me :smile

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I'm guessing the video was made in either the full version of Adobe Premier (not elements) or more likely Final Cut Pro.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I think it was Final Cut Pro. My friend's brother did the editting and he's a Mac User in the purest essence (he's not a fan of PCs). Still, he did an excellent job for the little time we had for this. We planned for ages but shot and editted all in about 3weeks. The kids at the school get to see it next week I think.

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hahaha, looking good, LF1616! :D :D

Knew you'd pull off something pretty awesome! :D

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks guys! :D

The kids get to see it this coming Monday. My friend had shown it to his colleagues already and they were in creases so we're hoping for a good result with the kids. From whom I've shown this too, so far, no one can believe that the silhouette is me.  :lol My friend said he was thinking about making some hardcopies of the routine and throwing in some bonus content like deleted scenes and cock-ups (believe me there are plenty of the latter :DD  :oops)

Glad you guys liked it. That's makes things promising for the showing on Monday. Cheers for the input everyone! Much obliged ;)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile