The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Super Smash Brothers (all)

Tails_155 · 396 · 26187

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
Hahah, tonight's the night! I'll be attending the midnight launch party with a few friends of mine. Time to get our Brawl on!

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I can't wait! Tommorrow is the big day! I won't be attending the midnight launch since I have work to do. (Curse you college) I will be getting the game around 12:00pmish tommorrow, though.

However, I won't be able to Brawl it out with you guys online right away. I have a busy week ahead of in...you guessed it, school. However, I am going to go Brawl happy during my Spring Break, which starts this Friday for me, so I can Brawl with anyone then, especially two certain people out there. *CoughKenicoughKacie* XD

BTW, we should probably post our Brawl friend codes in the Nintendo Wi-Fi section of the midnight topics.

Look forward to Brawling with you guys.  :wave

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I won't have one so you won't be brawling me.

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
*Holds up my copy of Brawl as the Zelda Item Get jingle plays* Yay! Finally! I got it!

TheNumberOneShmuck

• Spike
    • View Profile
Got my copy :)

I'll post my friend code here tomorrow (or later today, depending on how you look at it). Right now, I need some sleep.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Good news guys! I was able to go to the midnight part, too, so I got my copy of Brawl after all, and so far I'm LOVING it! It's awesome! I'll post my code in the Wi-Fi section later.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I don't have my copy of it. I never preordered it, and I don't think my brother has either. I did check the video store today and they don't have it in yet. So I'll have to wait. Currently the only way I can play is if I rent it, and the video store usually only has one or two copies available, so it'll be a battle just to get it.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yoink! :D
Got my copy and ready to play anytime after today (I'm going to a brawl party with a few friends around here today). ;)

I'll post my friend code in the near future.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I bought it. Heh, so far I'd say that I'm enjoying it, thoroughly. Its awsome!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes! It's cool to know that SSBB is now abailable in the American continent! I'll get my copy when my bro's b-day comes on March 30th. YAY!!! I can't wait! *get's really excited*

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Don't make me wish I had $400 to spend frivously!!!! :P:

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I got the game early this morning and literally played it all day long with my brother and some friends. Definately an amazing game. I'm posting my friend code in the Nintendo WFC topic now.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Now now...let us take a moment to thing of all those unfortunate Wii owners who are yet to obtain a copy of this beloved title...COZ IT'S NOT BLOODY WELL HERE YET!!!  AARRRGGGHHH!!! :bang  :lol

Just kidding. Don't worry, I'm not bitter. Just savouring for the time we can all officially jump online and batter ten tons of virtual sense outta each other! Europe's release has been projected for around the end of May. Til that time, I've taken up playing Melee again just so I can prep myself for when the Brawl finally heads our way. Seriously can't wait for this! Must be a damn slow cargo boat if it's gonna take two and a half months to cross the ocean  :DD

Riphstar

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I live in the UK and I DO have Super Smash bros Brawl. It got sent to me today. and for those who are in the UK and want to play this Game and can't wait till May...I have got words that will solve your problem

"WII FREELOADER"

I going to play it alittle more and unlock the Brawlers before I start going online with it. I will post my code soon. METAKNIGHT IS AWESOME

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Why, why, why...
did they take out "bonus" mode in multiplayer? :angry:  :cry  :cry

My group of friends' favorite way to play SSB:Melee was in "bonus" mode, where you got points for style and performing various acts.  Anyone who has played Melee knows what I'm talking about.  This feature is Completely gone from Brawl, with even the point system being extremely limited in comparison (a few bonus points for completing single player mode, but absolutely NO point system in multiplayer).

This is a rather large concern for me because one of my friends really enjoyed bonus mode and finds it the only really respectable way to play SSB, as it penalizes people for playing cheaply and rewards creative playing styles.  I actually agree with him, I really liked Bonus mode in multiplayer.  Now we are limited to Time, Stock and Coin (I don't know anyone who plays Coin)...My precious Bonus mode still gives me a sole reason to go back to Melee once in awhile...a single serious blemish on an otherwise outstanding game!

*sigh* Why, Nintendo, is Bonus gone?  I saw so much potential for new Bonus points and ways to get them but instead they removed the point system entirely...*sad*  Looks like I might get dragged back to Melee once in awhile for this single reason.  So much for Brawl being a game that could potentially last forever: the multiplayer modes are too limiting in Brawl (definitely cause for concern, as Brawl is primarily a multiplayer game...).  It's amazing how much Bonus really adds to the game.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Yeah i am quite disappointed myself that the bonus is gone. It was a big let down for me. :(

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I've only played it for a few hours and I am quite shocked by it all.

I have yet to play The Subspace Emissary, but I'll try that once I get back from Windover tomorrow.

As for the Classic Mode, I must admit that it is quite different and harder than Melee's.  Especially the battle before Master Hand where you face 3 computers.

I went and had several battles with the computers in the free for all Brawls.  Usually, on Level 1, the comps can't get down many of my lives, but they proved to be tougher.  They actually got down a good number of lives.  Also note that I normally put items on HIGH, and they still can't do much normally.  This time, I got to admit that they were good.

So far, I've gotten Luigi and Ness.  I'm hoping to get Snake and Sonic soon.  After all, I've chosen them as my main choices.  Lucario is the final choice I've made for my top 4 choices.

I'll be willing to play on-line by at least Thursday.  Here's hoping for the best. :)

And on a side note, I LOVE the music.  It is all beautifully done.

As far as I see it, this is one game I doubt I'll EVER tire of.  I'll be having fun with it for many years to come.

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Mar 11 2008 on  11:27 AM
I went and had several battles with the computers in the free for all Brawls.  Usually, on Level 1, the comps can't get down many of my lives, but they proved to be tougher.  They actually got down a good number of lives.  Also note that I normally put items on HIGH, and they still can't do much normally.  This time, I got to admit that they were good.
Tell me about it! Nintendo really improved the computer AI for Brawl, even on Easy and Lv 1 the computer players can be tough. I heard anything above Lv 5 in this game is extremely hard, many are even declaring Lv 9s are practically impossible to beat. First time I played the game I tried Classic mode on Easy and I lost two stocks. It was a shock to me at how much better the AI is this time around.

They really improved the difficulty.

Oh and just to warn you all who plan to play online soon. The game suffers some lag when playing online, and the 'With Anyone' option on Wi-Fi seems to be down or having problems, I've been seeing complaints of long waiting times and only manage to find one or no one to battle with. But the 'With Friends' option is working fine.

As for the lag, I've played a couple matches with more than one friend and I have suffered some bad lags on huge stages. But when I battle with just one friend the lag is always input lag, where your character takes one-two seconds to trigger the action.

Japan had this kind of problem when Brawl was first released there but it's been improved significantly as of now. I'm sure Nintendo will do the same for America soon considering the game was just released.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
0_o And I thought I was going crazy when I had difficulty facing a level 5. I couldn't have lost my touch that much, have I? They really made the AI tough this time.

Yeah, Nintendo mentioned that they need to fix the Wi-Fi or something like that. I heard rumors that they made need to realease a patch or something like that. Even at their website they mentioned they are having complications with the Wi-Fi.

Of course, I'm loving the game so far, but still a bit on the depressed side and school work have been getting in the way of enjoying it. I will battle with anyone online after Friday, so bring it on!