The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask Stardust anything

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
How many hours of shuteye do you get on average?
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Do all of your family members know that you’re a fan of LBT? If so, what are their opinions of it?

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
OwlsCantRead: I generally manage to get an average of around eight hours a night. Even though I have erratic sleep patterns (or rather, lack of patterns) and each individual night varies, if I have enough poor sleep nights in a row, eventually I'm able to make up for the lost sleep on a different night.

ImpracticalDino: I think only my mom and brother know that I'm a fan (as well as one of my friends from book club), but they're both okay with it. Neither of them are the type who would be judgmental about it. I'll admit that I'm still a bit shy sometimes with admitting my LBT fandom to others.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
How often do you meet with your book clubs? What genres of books do you usually read in your book clubs? Do you read a single book as a collective group or not?

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Each of my book clubs meets once a month. The fourth one I joined is very recent (it started up just this September), so it hasn't been around long enough to have established any real theme. Of the other three: one of them exclusively does young-adult books. The other two both focus on adult books, but one of them is managed by my local library and so it tends to be older books (since they're used copies you check out from the library), while the other is managed by a restaurant/cafe and they order in new copies of the books for people to read, and so the cafe club books tend to be newer releases.

All of us read the same book for each meeting in each club. The exception is the young-adult club, which often does single books as well, but there's been several times where we instead did a general theme and we each picked our own book within that theme, or else there was a selection of two or three different books that we could choose from.

As for the genre, there's nothing specific. We've covered a vast variety. Mostly fiction, but there's been a few non-fiction ones too.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 10:33:08 AM by StardustSoldier »

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What do you think of e-books on e-readers like Kindle then?
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Do you have any close friends from any of the book clubs you attend?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
OwlsCantRead: I don't have a problem with e-books and e-readers, necessarily. I own a Kindle of my own and it's seen some good usage. If a physical copy of a book is unavailable, then I do prefer reading it on an e-reader as opposed to on my computer screen. An e-reader is nice because then I can take it to bed with me, and I love reading books in bed at night. However, by and large physical books are still my top preference, and they're what I tend to default to. And in fact, it's been a while now since I've used my Kindle, just because I haven't needed to use it lately.

ImpracticalDino: For the most part, not really. They're all nice people and we get along fine. But since three of my four clubs I joined in this year alone, I haven't yet had a lot of time to really get to know everyone. However, there is one person in one of the clubs whom I've known since high school, and I consider her to be a friend. In fact, she's the only book club attendee that I didn't originally meet through book club.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What method of learning helps you retain information the most?

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Do you consistently carry around a water bottle/canteen for hydration, and if so, what is the max volume of water it holds?

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
How long you think you would last in a zombie apocalypse?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
ImpracticalDino: I tend to be a visual learner. If I'm learning something new for the first time, it's easier for me to see the process performed in action as opposed to, say, reading from a set of instructions.

OwlsCantRead: I do have a water bottle, but I don't bring it around with me much. I usually just keep it at home and put it in the freezer so I can have ice-cold water. It holds 24 oz.

Anagnos: As others have already expressed, probably not very long. I just can't see myself doing well in such a situation. On Discord, I seem to remember making a comparison to Shaun of the Dead. But then again, hopefully I wouldn't do anything that stupid as some of those characters. :p

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My apologies if this has been asked before, but I am always curious about people's experiences with technology as time goes by.  So with that in mind, what kind of computers have you had during your life?  Do you remember their operating systems and specifications?

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Do you like to go shopping?

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
You now possess the ability to change your eye color to whatever hue you want. What would you opt for, perchance? :Mo

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
rhombus: Nah, I don't think I was asked this before. Myself and my family have all mostly been Windows/PC users. None of us are big Mac fans. :p I can remember we've owned pretty much every major Windows system as far back as Windows 3.0.

ImpracticalDino: Depends on what I'm shopping for. I'm not a big shopper for the most part. I typically only go shopping when I'm buying a gift for someone, or else if it's something I really want for myself. But occasionally I do find shopping to be fun.

OwlsCantRead: My current eyes are a hazel colour, but if given the choice, I'd probably go for a more vibrant/pure green (without looking unnatural), since I think pure green eyes are gorgeous, and green is my favourite colour in general.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If you could learn 4 Pokémon moves, what would each one be?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
A disclaimer that I haven't played much Pokemon in a long time (and it was limited to the older games anyway), so there's a lot of great moves that I'm probably overlooking. But off the top of my head, this is what came to me:

Pay Day - Easily my top choice. I mean, you get free money every time you use it. What could be better than that? :DD

Metronome - Potentially a bad idea if I was doing this in real life (especially if I wound up with Self-Destruct o_O), but I've always loved the randomness of this move. It's fun to use this move and just see what happens.

Rest - Getting a good night's sleep is always pleasant. Even better if it would heal all injuries in the process.

Fly - I've always thought being able to fly in itself would be really cool. In the case of Pokemon, it also has the nifty advantage of being able to take you to any town or city that you want, and it's an effective attack in general.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This might be a bit personal, so you don't really have to elaborate, but were you aware of what happened to Judith Barsi during your initial viewing of the original LBT?

How did it impact you with regards to Ducky on the initial viewing/future viewings (depending on the case) of the movie, and how did you react if/when you did/already found out about the tragedy, and through what means did you first learn of this sad case to begin with? :(

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^If you want to elaborate on your thoughts further StardustSoldier, perhaps you should also post in the main thread regarding Judith Barsi.

http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=16356.0

What Pokémon ability would you choose to have and why?