The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What is wrong with Cera's Sister?

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
Okay so in movie 1, Cera was born with all her sisters right?  They are all the same age and lived a happy-go-lucky life.  Well, in 6, Cera has nieces.  WHAT JUST HAPPENED!!!!  I mean, don't you have to be older to have nieces?  How did Cera's same-aged sister have NIECES????

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
It might not have been a literal relationship in that sense. The twins probably took to calling her "auntie Cera" because they like her, or for some other reason.

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
Where did they originally come from though, if not from Cera's sister?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Who knows? I think there was a discussion a year or so ago about what exact relationship they had with Cera and her father and where they came from and why they never appear again after movie 6.

Tikikata

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://www.strawberrytiki.net
Yeah, I'm assuming that the "Auntie Cera" title is just a term of endearment, not the literal sense in the term. :)

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Or, she could have an older sister who was old enough to leave the nest before Cera and her other sisters were born :idea.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Different theories are possible. In LBT 4 for example we see a threehorn (in the scene when the Valley inhabitants are worried about the tales of the old one) next to Cera's father who is significantly smaller than him but distinctly older than Cera.
However, personally I favor the theory of them being "adopted" either for being orphaned or for the parents being temporarilly on a journey outside the valley. Personally I by far prefer the "orphaned and adopted theory" because in the other case I'm not sure the twins would be as much regarded as family by Cera as they were in LBT 6. However, the disappearing of the twins (especially inexcusable in LBT XI) renders that theory unlikely.
One point that I feel supports the view that the twins are not consanguine of Cera is that both of them (unlike Cera) already sport three horns and are also distinctly differently colored.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
And they got married and laid a few eggs and now she is a aunt.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Jan 4 2012 on  12:07 AM
Or, she could have an older sister who was old enough to leave the nest before Cera and her other sisters were born :idea.
That's kinda what i was thinking. Cera was just part of another brood. She might have already had  several older siblings...
I just wonder why they were never mentioned  :confused
But still, the idea with Aunty cera being a term of endearment sounds good too, my question is, if she's not their aunt, and Topps isn't their grandpa, then who are the parents? Just random threehorns who stick their kids under the not-so-watchful-eye of a kid? :lol
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
I think she is realy their aunti.I remember that they said something Ducky translated as don't make grandpa treehorn mad,or something like this.They could call Cera as aunti becose they like her,but i don't think they would call Topsy as grandpa without any real relationship.

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well,I think why they would is a better question.

They could call him like that becose of the same reason they call Cera aunti,but I doubt that.I think this would require a special relationship to make the twins feel like Topsy is their grandpa.But as we see,Topsy just let them play with Cera all the day.I'm not saying that he don't care about them,or they don't like him,but i don't think that they  spend that much time with him that could make them feel that he is their grandpa.It's like you are calling one of your friend's parents your parents.They can be kind and anything,but you don't call them like that.It would be weird and I never heard something like that.

Also when the gang go after the twins Cera says the things i do for my family or something like that.would she realy say something like this in that situation without any real relationship?

After all it wouldn't be that big suprise  if Cera had an older sister or brother.They are dinosaurs not humans.I don't think Cera's mother laid eggs only once.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I tend to disagree. We don't see much of what kind of relationship there is between Cera's father and the kids, but just because we don't doesn't mean that there was not such a relation. Grandpa threehorn also seems like the only plausible address for the two little ones. If they call Cera aunti it would seem rather strange to call him uncle, or daddy (thereby suggesting Cera and her father to be the same generation). Mr. Threehorn would sound really odd for anyone who is considered part of the family (whether by birth or addoption) and if Dinah and Dana started calling him "Topsy", that would be rather funny indeed ;)
My sister and I called the parents of our stepfather grandma and grandpa too. There may be differences, but I don't think most kids would have much of an issue calling old people who are kind to them grandma / grandpa with it being more like an affectionate nickname rather than a declaration of genetic relationship. To kids I think a friendly relationship matters more than a relationship of blood.
Also, even though we don't see much of Tops and the twins on screen I don't think that is sufficient evidence for them not sharing a close relationship. In spite of the fact that the main focus is on Littlefoot in most movies we still don't see much screentime of him and his grandparents if we put it in ratio to his screentime with his friends. If the focus was more on one of the other characters with most of the scenes with Littlefoot and his grandparents switched for scenese of one of the others with his or her parents / grandparents we could make similar assumptions about the relationship between Littlefoot and his grandaprents as we can make about Dinah's and Dana's relationship with Tops.
How do you think Dinah and Dana should call Cera's father if we assume that they are not blood related (as might be suggested by their different coloring as well as them sporting three horns already and the apparent absence of a sister of Cera's in LBT 6)?

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
If we assume that they are not blood related,and they just like to hang out with Cera,i dont see any problem with Mr.threehorn.But if we assume that they were adopted,I think grandpa is fine.But if they were adopted than where they went?I prefer to think that they visited their grandfather,and then went back to their parents,and one of their parents is Topsy's older child.

I don't think that we should judge them by their colors.First of all,it would be pretty confusing if they were like miniature ceras running all around.With different color,they look more unique to me,and you can tell them abart,which is not a disadvantage.

Also,Tricia is pink becose Tria,but she is still Cera's half sister.The twins colors also looks like the color of Cera's father,so i don't see a problem with that.

Maybe the animators just wanted to make change with the other horns.If we not assume them blood related,it suggest that they are not even the same species becose of that horns,just another ceratopsian with three horns which grow its horns when it's younger,like Coahuilaceratops or whatever.I don't think Topsy would realy consider diferent species as a family.

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
It might just be Universal pulling the strings on us.

But then again, I will admit that the whole "Auntie Cera" thing might just have been a name given to her out of affection from the twins.