The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Discussion: "A New Journey"

Petrie. · 75 · 6385

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Hey Adam and Dillon, could you post your character descriptions here too? I think you even have some drawings of your character Adam, could you share them with the players here who haven't seen them?

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Name: Rankin
Species: Rabbit
Sex: Buck
Fur color: Brown

All you need to know about this char is he killed an owsla captain and belonged to a tyrannical warren. After the murder they kicked him out instead of killing him. Everything else is unknown.

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Is this based off the show, the book, or the film?

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rocky,Aug 29 2010 on  05:37 PM
Is this based off the show, the book, or the film?
The book. (Although you should have enough of an idea if you've seen the show or film)

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok, so does it have anything to do with the water ship down warren?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rocky,Aug 29 2010 on  07:19 PM
Ok, so does it have anything to do with the water ship down warren?
Nothing at all.  It would be too difficult to stay within the boundaries of the film, so we've simply chosen to base the rp on WD, and use elements of the book when creating characters and situations.  The characters aren't going to meet up with Fiver or anything. ;)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
For the "A New Journey" Watership Down roleplay

Name: Arvens
Role: (former) Captain in the Thornbrush Owsla

Characteristics: Arvens is a no-nonsense rabbit, a trait that earned him his role in the Thornbrush warren.  He can be amusing with chortles of dry humor and sarcasm, but typically will not goof around.  He is of a medium-large build, which no doubt helped his chances of becoming an officer.  All Owsla in the warren had red-yellow feathers in their right ears to easily identify those in charge from a distance.  Despite the collapse of Thornbrush due to human involvement, Arvens still wears his feather with pride as he seeks a new warren to call home.

Image (drawn by someone else for me):

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
could I play as another animal besides a rabbit, like a skunk. cause I was thinking of a lab rabbit and skunk duo who are trying to learn how to survive in the wild.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Name: Nostradamus
Species: Rabbit
Fur color: Black
Personality: Nostradamus knows nothing of Rabbit traditions and ways. He does however have a lot of knowledge and understanding of man and man's world. He can  come off as disrespectful and spoiled to other rabbits. He bases a lot of his beliefs on fact, logic, and reason. He does however know when not to get things started.
Bio: Nostradamus is able to see into the minds of others (Like silverweed), and get visions of the future( like fiver). Nostradamus has spent most of his life as a pet rabbit, along side his best friend Winston, a skunk. Nostradamus loved being a pet, playing with his owner, being read to every night, living without fear of predators or traps. Until his owner died from sickness, which was also his first vision. he and Winston were sold to a lab as test animals, He and Winston escaped and are now trying to survive.

Name: Winston
Species: Striped Skunk
Sex: Male
Personality: Winston is witty and funny, he is open to new possibilities and ideas. Winston is a trusting, friendly soul. He is more adventurous and headstrong than Nostradamus, he does however take Nostradamus' s visions and abilities to heart and often refers to his friend as the brains, and himself as the Predator-repellent.
Bio: Winston has Know Nostradamus all his life and as such is his closest friend. He and Nostradamus survived the death of their owner, terrifying  lab experiments, and their escape. Now they are trying to survive.

Is this OK?

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What the heck! There is a new Watership Down RP going on and I didn't know about it?  :blink:

Can I join, Petrie?   :D

And if I can then can I use my old characters from previous "Watership Down" RP?

Name: Thyme

Personality: He is rather an independent soul and is known for being very complaining and sarcasting.

Appearance: He has gray fur with white underbelly. He is rather small, as he is still an outskirter.

Backstory: Thyme had to fight for survival for almost all his life, since he was outskiter and couldn't join the Owsla (perhaps it was more releted to his attitude than his small size). He hadn't many friends and the best of them was Neltita, whom he always called a bit strange. Now, as he left destroyed warren, he is looking for a new place to live in or at least some other group of rabbits.

Name: Neltita

Personality: She is a very gentle rabbit, who almost never gets really angry, which was perhaps the reason why she could put up with Thyme.

Appearance: Her fur is brown with white underbelly. She is not very strong, but when it comes to running she has almost no competition.

Backstory: Like Thyme Neltita was an outskiter, living on the edge of the warren. What was interesting about her it was that she had from time to time feelings about the things that will come in near future. Once she warned the Chief Rabbit and said that some disease may strike the warren. Rah didn't listen to her as no rabbit had shown the sings of sickness yet. When eventually White Blindness becames evident to everyone it was already to late to do anything except running away from warren, which Neltita did and she left with Thyme...
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
A question, Petrie. Could I create a character of elil, that would follow our group of rabbits and try to hunt them down?
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Personally, that sounds pretty interesting. I'm not sure it would work as well, but you should wait to see what adam has to say.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
To all, please read and consider:

When I started this RP, I expected to be able to come home after a day at work and make a reply and go on my merry way.  Its nearing the end of September and I can safely say, this has not been working.  I put in long hours and do not get home until after 7 or 8pm some nights (by choice).  I love my job, and I'm going to continue to do this.  I just don't have the spark by the time I get home to reply.  I read forums, but I hardly will say anything, I'm mentally worn down.  This will definitely create a problem as the story continues and Arvens needs to be out among the rabbits.  We're lucky he's dozing in a drain, non-essential for the moment.  I probably can make a reply Friday night or Saturday morning, but those are the only real opportunities I'm seeing for a chance for a reply from me.  This will definitely bring this story to a halt very quickly and it hurts all the people involved.  I'd like to suggest having a second person besides myself play Arvens in the RP so that these long pauses do not occur.  If this cannot be reached you might have to drop the character entirely because I will literally be an RP killer if you have to wait for every Friday for Arvens to do something in the story. ;)

Please give it some thought and let me know if anyone is up to playing Arvens during the week so the story can continue smoothly. :yes

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Arvens would be a character most sorely missed. There are many situations of possible conflict between him and Cinankhen with neither of them being entirely right or wrong but with very different concepts of looking at the world. Such conflicts would add a lot of spice to an RPG and create a lot of chances for others to join in on behalf of the view of the one, the other, or an entirely new view of their own. I very much hope that somebody is willing to pick up Arvens but am not keen on "bickering with myself" in the respective situations so it would be great if somebody else could take care of Arvens too :lol

As for my own character there are quite a number of possible situations and I have a number of events / actions / tales in mind that could take place in case of the right "circumstances".

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I agree with Malte that it would be a shame, if your character wasn't active. If you wont be able to post during the week, then I would like to try to play as Arvens, unless someone else wants to pick him up. Since I already have two characters (and potentially one more on the way), it would be better, perhaps, to allow someone who has just one character to play as Arvens. In any case it's your decision, Petrie.  ;)

By the way... What is your opinion on what I proposed in my previous post, Petrie?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I don't mind elil characters....they're part of the rabbit world after all.