The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Another Fantasy RP

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well again I have yet another RP idea and I hope this one won't be a fluke because it is kind of intresting, basically its kind of a cross between Noname's "Fantasy Roleplaying" and The Elder Scrolls games, but here's the catch: we'll be playing ourselves, its been done on the GOF before but not in a Fantasy RP from what I've seen.

The Story:
The story begins when one member of the GOF finds a mysterious book in an old,abandoned library, when he or she opens it they as well as many others are taken into another world(that is similar to the world of Elder Scrolls or many fantasy novels,flims etc.) and it dosen't take long to find out that this new world is in grave danger, this tale will be known as "Eymreil".

Apart from playing yourself you can also play random peasents,shopkeepers and other townsfolk unless they play a huge role in one member's story(in which case only that member can take control of that character) but other than that most characters can be playable by all members, simple as that.

GOF Members:
Belmont2500
Nick22
Kor
StarfallRaptor

Fictional Characters:
Dar Ma(played by Nick22)
Aylwin(played by Belmont2500)
Noma(played by Kor)
Ashni(Played by Belmont2500)
Crito(Played by Belmont2500)

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Wouldn't most modern day folks be somewhat helpless in a fantasy world, unless they were members of sca, or had archery has a hobby so knew how to wield medieval weapons?  or will that be taken care of in the plot/story or other methods?

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
T'will be taken care of via the plot.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds reasonable.  I guess it would be in the same vein as some fantasy books I read long ago, modern world person, or a few folks, wind up in a fantasy world, sort of thing?

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds interesting.  Though I'd have to do a slightly altered version of me, so that version can eat a wide variety of things in the elder scrolls world, and does not stutter.  I guess my wearing glasses would be ok.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'll play.. hmm.. I'll bring in Dar Ma the Agorian you meet in Olbivion
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i know that but it was the only oblivion game i've played.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
And Morrowind is the only one I've played.

corpsebride5988

• Ruby
    • View Profile

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've played both Morrowind and Oblivion.  I played the reptilian race both times.  Forgot what their name is.

I think I liked Oblivion better since it had less annoying elements then Morrowind did.

Wonder if I should do one based on my oblivion character.  Though I don't recall his name, and he'd have to be changed since I guess one can't say one's completed quests in the game, nor have certain official plugins like the Frostcrag Spire.  Though I had the vile lair also, since it had stuff where you could cure yourself from vampirisn for free if you contracted it from attacking vampires before you became a vampire yourself.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm...sounds fun.  Regardless of what race I end up becoming, I know what my weapons will be.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, we all end up as..ordinary humans, boring, I know but the idea when entering the world of Eymreil is that you simply get pulled in and end up there just as you were in reality, anyhow you're in.

@Kor: I believe the repltilian race are known as Aragonians, personally I like Morrowind more than Oblivion, because Oblivion was more like a playground while Morrowind felt like home.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Argonians, yes that is their race name.  

Do you prefer if folks just played as themselves or if some used an oc also?

As for just being the me in real life, I doubt that would work very well since my eyes are light sensitive, my stuttering comes and goes and can be pretty bad and the variety of foods I can eat are very very small.  So I'll do a few minor alterations like I can eat normal foods and have non light sensitive eyes, maybe won't be near sighted either, but I'm not sure about that one.  If I loose my glasses I can't see to much.

While I did like Morrowind I disliked what I what to me was the annoying elements.  Their running speed is the speed I walk at and is not running speed, their walking speed is to slow, slower then I walk at.  The pausing the game had to do so much.  Getting most places & all the mountains.  Eventually I started using the coc cheat code and to get around in places within a cell I at times would go to god mode and fly like getting around in the town of Vivec.  Though I did like Morrowind apart from those annoying elements.  Oblivion, to me, had far fewer annoying elements.  Though unfortunately it has a few, like Shivering Isles having securom, though you can replace main exe file with one from a certain site that has no securom in it.  Just my opinion on those games.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
they play as themselves but can also play OCs.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i'm in, i'll play as myself anf dar ma..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: