The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Trailers

Flathead

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hey, I'm just wondering on how many trailers there are for the original LBT movie, I know that there’s this one on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLW_uymCcJs
But do any of you know if there are any more trailers? Particularly if there are any deleted scenes in them, I know that there are roughly three scenes in the youtube trailer which aren't in the original released version. the first scene that I could see was when ducky is making a face a sharptooth, second one was when ducky was hugging Littlefoot and spike, and when (not sure about this one though) petrie's about to fly and attack sharpteeth. anyway just wondering if there are anymore deleted scenes that could be in other trialers that may have been released.

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Flathead,Apr 3 2007 on  10:13 PM
Hey, I'm just wondering on how many trailers there are for the original LBT movie, I know that there’s this one on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLW_uymCcJs
But do any of you know if there are any more trailers? Particularly if there are any deleted scenes in them, I know that there are roughly three scenes in the youtube trailer which aren't in the original released version. the first scene that I could see was when ducky is making a face a sharptooth, second one was when ducky was hugging Littlefoot and spike, and when (not sure about this one though) petrie's about to fly and attack sharpteeth. anyway just wondering if there are anymore deleted scenes that could be in other trialers that may have been released.
Not xactly correct. Those are were scenes commonaly removed when it was on disney channel. They are all 3 in original release in theator and on vhs also on dvd and mc donolds vhs. Ducky makign faces at the sharp tooth was her trying to get it to chase her. Petries attack on the sharp tooth was when it nearly ate ducky. I forget where the hug scene was i think thats when they were in the group hug soon after findign the vally.

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
and almost forgot welcom to the forums :)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
We have the scene with Ducky making faces in one of our banners.  I've known about that trailer...I don't think there are any others for the original release at least.

http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...post&id=6499738

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I don't remember that scene of Ducky making faces at the sharptooth.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
There's a user named, Malte on here, he'd be your best bet on getting more information on this. He's kind of the authority of LBT information around here.

Anyway, as far as I know, there was only one LBT theatrical trailer.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Welcome to the Gang of Five Flathead! :yes
I'm afraid the trailer you posted here is the only one of LBT which included any deleted scenes. I recall there was one with a different wording (without the newspaper comments), but the same pictures, and yet another one with the same pictures but different words (in fact I'm not certain if that last one was more a personal tribute of a fan rather than an actual trailer).
Not xactly correct. Those are were scenes commonaly removed when it was on disney channel. They are all 3 in original release in theator and on vhs also on dvd and mc donolds vhs. Ducky makign faces at the sharp tooth was her trying to get it to chase her. Petries attack on the sharp tooth was when it nearly ate ducky. I forget where the hug scene was i think thats when they were in the group hug soon after findign the valley.
Are you absolutely sure that the scene of Ducky making faces was in the theatre version of the movie? In this case it would have been cut for the homevideo / dvd version. I don't recall the Ducky pulling faces scene from anywhere but this trailer. It is neither on my video nor on the DvD of the original movie. I saw the land before time in cinema in 1989, but I'm unable to recal whether or not this scene (and other cut scenes from the trailer) were included in the cinema version. I don't see why they would make special cuts for the homevideo and (later) the DvD version, but if indeed some of the scenes we know as cut scenes were included in the cinema version of the movie it would explain their surprising "generosity" about deleted scenes in trailers and cinema showcases. If indeed the cinema version did include some of those scenes there is a very good chance that contrary to the claims on Don Bluth's webpages this material still exists!
The scene of Petrie's attack on the Sharptooth is not a cut scene. It is included in the movie as we know it.
I think the hugging Flathead is refering to is the one from the scene after what Littlefoot-1616 fittingly called the "Dinosaur totem scene". It was indeed another cut scene.

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Apr 4 2007 on  03:36 AM
Welcome to the Gang of Five Flathead! :yes
I'm afraid the trailer you posted here is the only one of LBT which included any deleted scenes. I recall there was one with a different wording (without the newspaper comments), but the same pictures, and yet another one with the same pictures but different words (in fact I'm not certain if that last one was more a personal tribute of a fan rather than an actual trailer).
Not xactly correct. Those are were scenes commonaly removed when it was on disney channel. They are all 3 in original release in theator and on vhs also on dvd and mc donolds vhs. Ducky makign faces at the sharp tooth was her trying to get it to chase her. Petries attack on the sharp tooth was when it nearly ate ducky. I forget where the hug scene was i think thats when they were in the group hug soon after findign the valley.
Are you absolutely sure that the scene of Ducky making faces was in the theatre version of the movie? In this case it would have been cut for the homevideo / dvd version. I don't recall the Ducky pulling faces scene from anywhere but this trailer. It is neither on my video nor on the DvD of the original movie. I saw the land before time in cinema in 1989, but I'm unable to recal whether or not this scene (and other cut scenes from the trailer) were included in the cinema version. I don't see why they would make special cuts for the homevideo and (later) the DvD version, but if indeed some of the scenes we know as cut scenes were included in the cinema version of the movie it would explain their surprising "generosity" about deleted scenes in trailers and cinema showcases. If indeed the cinema version did include some of those scenes there is a very good chance that contrary to the claims on Don Bluth's webpages this material still exists!
The scene of Petrie's attack on the Sharptooth is not a cut scene. It is included in the movie as we know it.
I think the hugging Flathead is refering to is the one from the scene after what Littlefoot-1616 fittingly called the "Dinosaur totem scene". It was indeed another cut scene.
Pretty dang sure yep. Let me go check out the trailer and ill see if i can remember where the scene is in the film.

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
yep it was in here. It when she is the bait to get the sharptooth in the right spot. Far as i can remember itys in both vhs version i have as well. I have the laer clam shell release and the early mc donolds promo release. If i can ill load um my vhs lter if i got a vcr that works and check again.

I do know that its a scene that is nearly never seen on disney chanel or fox 8 etc when aired.

Flathead

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone for welcoming me :^.^:

I wonder why they cut that "Dinosaur totem scene" from the orginal move? it looks similair to the scene where littlefoot and the rest of the gang where trying to get greenfood from the tree(although I'm prob wrong about that :lol ).

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No, that's the scene we are talking about.  :yes

Flathead

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Apr 5 2007 on  04:12 PM
No, that's the scene we are talking about.  :yes
lol it seems pretty pointless IMO cutting that scene from the movie, lol  i mean there no violence in that scene lol it wouldn't surprise if they cut it because of  kids (apparently) short attention spans lol (prob george lucas and steven spielbergs doing lol)

Akiko

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://wahyawolf.deviantart.com
I didn't recognize the pulling faces of hugging scenes either...I saw the original in the theatres in '89, but as with Malte I'm unable to remember if those were in there (I was only about four at the time :rolleyes:).

I don't remember them from my vhs tape (which is one of the earlier releases too), but it's been quite a while since I've played that (it's gotten watched so many times over the years that I worry for it each time I stick it in the vcr :unsure:); it's certainly not on the other copy I have since I just watched that the other day.

That's very strange that they would cut those scenes, there's nothing violent or very long about them at all.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
But they really did it. I checked out my DvD and that hugging was not in it. Moreover I checked the pictures from a 1988 press file on the land before time. It includes another picture which seems to be part of the "Totem scene" but is included neither in the movie, nor in the trailer.

Littlefoot90

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://lbtwelt.npage.ch/
:wave cool video and of course welcome in the forum of GOF:).

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I saw the trailer Flathead mentioned and I noticed only two deleted scenes.

1. Ducky making a face at Sharptooth

2.Ducky hugging Spike while in a pile of leaves

other then those there were not alot of cut scenes but atleast it had some.

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
I love that fan made trailer someone made as a LBT 1 re-release trailer.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I do to its so epic in case you were wondering what music they used in that trailer it was The Island theme and Rising Empire by Immediate Music.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
You know it would be a Grand Idea if the Animators Re-Master the First Movie.  I feel that to many cut scenes toke place,  they should refill the gaps.

Like the fill illustration of how Littlefoot's Mother Died!

How Cera's Mother Disappeared.

Especially the Cut scenes where it sounded like it over-laps to the next scene or something like that.

In speaking of Cut Scenes I really can't forgive those creditors especially the Parents who accused the Movie being to violent and long.  It is the Parents Job to show and teach there children right from wrong if they knew the show wasn't meant for kids below 5yrs old  why the HELL they let them watch it in the first place :anger