The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

101 Dalmatian Pup List

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
A while back, I attempted to find out the names of all of the 101 Dalmatians. Needless to say, I didn't find them all. But I did leap from site to site, and what I did find got placed in the below list. Here it is again, the 76 Names I found, including names for the 15 Pups:

1. Patch Male
2. Penny Female
3. Roly Poly Male
4. Freckles Male
5. Blot Female
6. Fidget Male
7. Lucky Male
8. Whizzer Male
9. Dipstick Male
10. Jewel Female
11. Two-Tone Female
12. Cadpig Female (Cadpig is mentioned as the 12th pup)
13. Pepper Female
14. Salter Female
15. Bon-Bon Male
16. Pongo Male
17. Perdita Female

These names, and the rest, are found from mixing together the names in the books, the names in the animated series, and the movies, a book written about the film, and (in Bon-Bon’s case) a book I found on a website. The book states that Missis had “8 boys, 7 girls”, hence my logic. (Some websites dispute whether Freckles is male or not, basing their theories off the fact he was voiced by a woman in the sequel. I am sure this was just a voice actor thing, and not meant to signal that he was a girl, as Disney constantly states that the dog's collars indicate their gender; Red=Boy, Blue=Girl.)
The rest of the names I found follow.

(LISTED IN AN OLD DALMATIAN BOOK AS PART OF THE 15)
18. Blackie
19. Whitie
20. Blob
21. Dot
22. Jolly
23. Latch
24. Lenny

(CHARACTERS FROM THE TV SERIES)
25. Tripod
26. Duke
27. “Leno”
28. “Nudo”
29. Dingo
30. Pickle
31. Plato
32. Playdoh
33. Harvey
34. Holly
35. Polly
36. Pooh
37. Sa-Sa
38. Steve
39. Ham
40. Hoover
41. Kirby
42. Lugnut
43. Furrball
44. Lumpy

(CHARACTERS FROM A PROMO FOR TOYS)
45. Sport
46. Yoyo
47. Corky
48. Spanky
49. Dipper
50. Inky
51. Smokey
52. Spatter
53. Bravo
54. Flapper
55. Puddles
56. Tiger
57. Tiresome
58. Scooter
59. Bump
60. Sniff
61. Spark
62. Wags
63. Yank
64. Hungry
65. Nosey
66. Sleepy
67. Speedy
68. Swifty
69. Bulgey
70. Hoofer
71. Pokey

Plus, there were originally two additional adult dogs who made up the 101. They were merged into the current Pongo & Perdita, but their positions are included here anyway.
72. “Missis”
73. “Prince”

Plus there is “74.Gay” who marries Lucky in “The Starlight Barking”. Plus the two pups unofficially referred to as “75.Rover” and “76.Spotty”.

There was also a list in the live-action movie of 101 Dalmatian which listed the pups owners.

10 Worland
8 Palmer
10 Wilkinson
9 Wells
7 Ackland
8 Master
6 Calleta
7 Graham
12 Tomkins
7 Gorton
15 Dearly

I originally tried to group the Dalmatian pups by similar names, but I abandoned this. If you want to theorise, Tomkins is also the name of the vet in the movie. Plus, in the book, the character “Perdita” has eight puppies, meaning she either belongs to Master or Palmer (probably Master, as his pups were bought later on, and her pups are mentioned as being young in the books.).

Well, that’s my list.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Dang, that's a lot of names. I would have watched the movie, written down what names I heard, and been done with it. Did you count names from The Hundred and One Dalmatians, or the Great Dog Robbery, the original novel the movie was based off? Or the video game spinoffs?

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
I took names from the books, the animated films, the live-action films, the tv series, a promotional toy poster, and any other places that I could find, or that were posted on the internet.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Hehe...let's call it Steve! :p (#38)  Steve's a good name.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow, man I worship you.  I got to give you props for doing all this research.

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
Just thought I should add, the names Leno and Nudo are fan names for un-named characters seen in one episode. I didn't write this down because the message board I originally posted it on coined those names.

If you don't know what they look like, here's a photo from the other board.

The Page I Got This Picture From

Nudo is the one with no collar, and Leno is the one with the silly chin.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
You should buy the computer/video games off amazon or something and check for other names. I bet at least one more will come out, if only from the random chatter by NPCs.

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
I already bought the two disney storybook games (and had no luck), what other ones are there?

(Someone's already made a list for the 102 dalmatians; it's on yahoo answers or something)

EDIT: This is actually a more "canon" version of my original list. In that one, I tried to group certain names to the owners, but it was all unofficial. The only thing of interest was that one owner, Tomkins, shared the name of the vet they visit in the movie, and had the most pups (which would make sense, they'd rescue puppies. Although if hurt, Cruella wouldn't have bought them, and so that theory falls through.), and they would have come from multiple families, so I assumed Tripod came from there. I also assumed that the owner Master was Perdita's owner from the books (Books state she had 8 puppies), and that the two missing adults (Perdita and Prince) would appear in this as puppies belonging to Palmer.

(I actually had a theory that merged all storylines from every different media together, to make one big timeline. If I can find it, I may post it.)